Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 11:44:41 PM EDT
Is the difference in size between the G23 and G27 significant when carrying inside the waistband?

Would Scherer extensions hold up well on the G27?

Do all Glocks now come with "pyramid faced" triggers?  Where can I find a flat-faced trigger?

What is the difference between normal trigger springs and NY trigger springs?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The 23 has a longer grip than the 27 so the grip would print less.  If you put an extension on the 27 you might as well go with the 23.  As for the NY trigger I believe it has a heavier pull weight.  A flat faced trigger would probably have to be custom job now.

Edit.  I have a 19 and a 26.  I carry the 19 still.  My 26 with standard baseplate mags is shorter but with the pinky rest magplate it is almost the same.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The 23 has a longer grip than the 27 so the grip would print less.  If you put an extension on the 27 you might as well go with the 23.  As for the NY trigger I believe it has a heavier pull weight.  A flat faced trigger would probably have to be custom job now.

Yep
Yep (and you get more capacity)
NY trigger is like 12 lbs or something ridiculous like that, if you are safe, go with a 3.5 lb connector which swaps out in 2 minutes.
The flat faced triggers are on older models, but you can usually buy them from Glock shops online. Everyone in my crew like them and swap them out first thing.

Glock is the ultimate...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoops sorry, The flat faced triggers are on the bigger pistols.  The smaller ones get them to gain import points.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the difference in size between the G23 and G27 significant when carrying inside the waistband?

Would Scherer extensions hold up well on the G27?

Do all Glocks now come with "pyramid faced" triggers?  Where can I find a flat-faced trigger?

What is the difference between normal trigger springs and NY trigger springs?

Yes, the G27 prints less, barrel length makes no difference.

Scherer and Pearce both make good extensions, but then you may as well have a G23.(Many would argue with me on this so you'll have to make up your own mind.)  (ETA: It is a bit of an exageration with a Pearce extension on a G27 the front strap is the same length as a G23 and the back strap is about .75" shorter.)

The smaller Glocks have the "target" trigger to increase thier BATF points, you can buy a trigger for a G22 and put it in your G23/G27.

NY trigger springs give a heavier trigger and a spongy feel.  I stick with the normal spring as do most others.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whoops sorry, The flat faced triggers are on the bigger pistols.  The smaller ones get them to gain import points.

YEAH, I forgot about that. The "thumb rest" little indent on the side of the grip is a "target feature" point too I heard. I also heard that a lot come into the country with cheesey adjust sights which are removed and replaced with standard ones before sale. Not sure if it's true...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought that NY trigger springs made the pull smoother.  

What would make the trigger pull smoother?  Are there any custom trigger assemblies that are still safe for carry?

ETA:  Which mags fit flush on the G23?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The "thumb rest" little indent on the side of the grip is a "target feature" point too I heard. I also heard that a lot come into the country with cheesey adjust sights which are removed and replaced with standard ones before sale. Not sure if it's true...

Unfortunatly the cheesy adjustable sights are not removed.  I have them on my G36 and haven't replaced them yet.

On the the point system click here.  ETA: It looks like your right about the "target" grips.  It's either that or the finger grooves?
glockfaq.com/models.htm#points
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#8]
bump
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Info on different triggers ...

Glock Triggers
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#10]
my experience w/ the new york tigger was at the armorer's course i was sent through.  it made the trigger crisper and heavier (like 8 lbs.) w/ the standard disconnector.  the new york module is triangular shaped and fits into the trigger assembly behind where the standard spring is fitted.
it is more durable than the standard spring i was told at the course, and some like to get the target glock disconnector and the new york spring assembly to make a crisper, more durable set up that's still about 5 lbs pull weight.  i've not experienced the light disconnector and the new york trigger spring, that's just what the instructor said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top