Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:15:29 PM EDT
Forgive me if this is a dupe.

I've just purchased a G37 (my first Glock), and I found the following article while doing research on the web.

I found the rumors about restricting .45GAP particularly interesting. On the other hand, if the military does adopt .45GAP, they'll be plenty of it around.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be very interested of this could be verfied.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Theorys in the article make sense as to the whys of adopting such a pistol, but I wonder on the issue of small hands if this will be an improvement. One of the militarys complaints about the M9/92F has been its women shooters and small handed shooters found the pistol difficult to handle. The G37 is built on the G17/22 frame so its just as big as the 92F. I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Forgive me if this is a dupe.

I've just purchased a G37 (my first Glock), and I found the following article while doing research on the web.

I found the rumors about restricting .45GAP particularly interesting. On the other hand, if the military does adopt .45GAP, they'll be plenty of it around.

This is old news and it's not true...click here
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, I obviously hadn't seen that article.

That's good news, for the most part.

Now, I have to wonder: why isn't the G37 featured on Glock's web site? It's been available for more than a year now...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thank you, I obviously hadn't seen that article.

That's good news, for the most part.

Now, I have to wonder: why isn't the G37 featured on Glock's web site? It's been available for more than a year now...

Don't go to the old Glock website that damn thing hasn't been updated in years.

Try Team Glock instead.  All the new GAP models are listed!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Army Times ran a story this summer about switching from 9mm to .45; I think all this discussion of cailber is silly; plenyt of people in the ground becuase of both rounds.  The real problem in my view, if there is aproblem is that our insistence on using ball ammunition.  If our cops can use Hyrda-shox why not the miltiary?  Our readings of international conventions are dubious in this regard IMO.

I have several pistols of various makes and models.  I like them all, and in the veritable ARFCOM tradition, I like to "get both" but at the end of the day a gun/weapon is a tool and I find the Glock very accuarte, rugged and easy to maintain.  (My Sigs are a close second though. )  

The Glock, whether in 9mm, .45 ACP, .45 GAP, or another caliber would easily meet miltiary requirements at least as far as practical use go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top