Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 2:41:53 PM EDT
If I dry fire my gen 3 G19, is the trigger to stay in the collapsed  position, or spring back to the ready position without working the slide?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It will not reset until you cycle the slide.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike2643

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
the gun is broke, send it to me for repair
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually Ive had the gun a few months now, just dont get an oppritunity to shoot it very often.
I just recently purchased some items from topglock.com, jentra plug, houge handall and some mags (by the way Id like to add excellent service and shipped fast) and realized the trigger stays down after firing instead of moving back to the ready position, so I had to ask.
Thanks again Mike2643 for the quick response.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I just saw Daredevil on HBO and that Elektra chick fired a Glock until it was empty, went to slide lock and she just kept pulling the trigger. You could hear it....click.....click.....click......click. So you know Hollywood would never get something like that wrong. So your Glock must be broken!

I'll give you $150 for it.

Cash.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
You could hear it....click.....click.....click......click. So you know Hollywood would never get something like that wrong. So your Glock must be broken!

I'll bet that the safty that you always hear getting clicked off in the movies is missing too, if your trigger isn't reseting on it's own.  What a shame.  Definitely broke
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell you what--That Glock is a hazard, you should send to me--That way I can dispose of it properly, I am willing to do this for the sake of the human race.   We don't want anyone being hurt by these mall-functioning  weapons.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#8]
the trigger will only reset itself automatically if a round is fired.  The discharge of the round will send the slide back, therefore resetting your trigger, and loading a new round into the chamber.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
throw the houge handall away or sell it. it slides around too much when shooting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You could hear it....click.....click.....click......click. So you know Hollywood would never get something like that wrong. So your Glock must be broken!

I'll bet that the safty that you always hear getting clicked off in the movies is missing too, if your trigger isn't reseting on it's own.  What a shame.  Definitely broke

yeah that always cracks me up.  They spend millions of dollars on these movies and they can't get something that fucking easy right.  I'll never understand hollywood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top