Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
was at Kieth's in Gresham, OR today and saw a couple. looked neat. does anyone know anything about this finish? I searched the Glock links but could find no mention.
Midwinter
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
now a frame made of carbon fiber! that would be very interesting and very expensive
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It would cost more than you make here in a month.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
was at Kieth's in Gresham, OR today and saw a couple. looked neat. does anyone know anything about this finish? I searched the Glock links but could find no mention.
Midwinter

It's a sprayed on finish, they used the OD frame Glocks.  I was told this finish was applied because the OD frames didn't sale as fast as regular black ones.  The finish can and does scratch off.  A simliar finish is offered on the Walther P22s but seems a little tougher.

I happen to like the OD frames and chose the OD option on my G32, 34 & 35 3 prize GSSF pistols this year.   But apparently not many people like the green.  I think a coyote brown frame version would have sold better than OD.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top