Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:51:12 PM EDT
How do you change sights, both front and rear?  what tools are needed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
For the front sight, you will need a special socket type tool that is like this:  Front sight tool

And for the rear, you will need a tool to push it in from the side, like this:  Rear sight tool
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have pics or something on how to remove and reinstall the front sight?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I just installed a set of trijicon sights on my 19. To remove the factory front sight, I drove it out with a small nail. To install the front sight, I used a thin-wall 3/16ths inch socket. I used a nylon-faced hammer to both remove the factory rear, and to *carefully* install the new rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Front sight tool: Item ML-40441

Rear sight tool: Item MGW-ST1

Click the pic  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just installed a set of trijicon sights on my 19. To remove the factory front sight, I drove it out with a small nail. To install the front sight, I used a thin-wall 3/16ths inch socket. I used a nylon-faced hammer to both remove the factory rear, and to *carefully* install the new rear sight.

So you just hit the pin on the bottum of the front sight with the nail to knock it out the top?  The trijicon's then have a nut and the front sight post is threaded?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you just hit the pin on the bottum of the front sight with the nail to knock it out the top?  The trijicon's then have a nut and the front sight post is threaded?

Yep. Just be careful when you're installing the new front sight; that's one little screw you sure as hell don't want to cross-thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top