Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
In a glock magazine article it said the g22 and 35s  could use a 17 round mag.  Is this with a +2 extension or something?

Also, if it is a +2 extension, should I replace the mag springs?  My reliable G22 turned into a malfunction factory when I added an M3 light.  Wolff +10% power mag springs fixed the problem.  If I add +2 extensions, to my mags that all ready have Wolff springs, will I mess up the mags again?

thanks...this is my first trip thru the Glock forum here.  Lot of info.

TIA

stay safe
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC no spring replacement should be needed.

YMMV my g22 is bone-stock with that regard and mine works great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't bother with mag extensions.  2 rounds isn't gonna make the difference in a gunfight.  You bumping the extension on something hard causing the contents of your mag to dump may.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Newest factory mags springs for G22s are 11 coils (part # SP02551 $3.00ea) to combat the problem of them having feeding problems using frame mounted lights/lasers.  Your Wolff springs or these newest 11 coil springs should work fine with a +2 extensions on the mag.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys.  after your posts and a bunch on glocktalk.com  i think i'm going to steer away fromt he idea.

i guess what got me started was the official glock magazine buyers guide section mentioned a 17 round mag for the .40 family.  just got me thinking.

stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top