Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 1:18:05 PM EDT
Need info--I have a choice to make.  Will buy a .40 semi, can get a Glock, or a Sig. Both are new, need some good info. Totally confused, both appear to be great.  At one time in the past did have Glocks, just loved them.  I never did own a Sig. Appreciate any input.  h.gif
                                                                                        Thanks, Lew   d/b/a   baby74879
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread helped me with some decisions.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=13658
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Need info--I have a choice to make.  Will buy a .40 semi, can get a Glock, or a Sig. Both are new, need some good info. Totally confused, both appear to be great.  At one time in the past did have Glocks, just loved them.  I never did own a Sig. Appreciate any input.  
                                                                                        Thanks, Lew   d/b/a   baby74879

I prefer GLOCKs, but it is one's personal taste. I was speaking with one of the LEO's at my airport yesterday, telling him about my latest G30 acquisition, and he was saying that he preferred Glocks rather than the SIG. He has owned a SIG in the past, but no longer. It seems as though most of the LEO's here in Escambia County carry GLOCKS. In my unbiased opinion, Go with the GLOCK. You can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
your in the glock forum, expect biased answers

i like the SIG for shooing--DA/SA trigger pull is smooth, grip is natural

i hate glock triggers and grips

h/w, glock mags are cheaper and glocks are lighter and more durable (finish wise), if money is  also a concern, get the glock

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock.

I like sigs and they are great pistols but as stated above if money is a concern get the Glock.

Max
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I say, see if you can do a side by side comparison.  I personnally like Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the trigger of the Glock, same pull every time. I don't care for the transition between the DA and SA of the Sig. Also find the SIG SA trigger to be spongy.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
GLOCK = PERFECTION!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got Glocks and Sigs and like them both.  Can't really go wrong with either.  Rent both and pick the one you like shooting the most, or better yet, buy one of each!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if you posted this in the SIG forum you would get the same amount of SIG lovers stating why it is the SIG line of pistols is better. You need to handle both pistols and make the choice based on how YOU like them.
Both brands are excellent firearms. SIGs tend to run 2-300 dollars more than a Glock.  You can spend a lot more money and get a lot less gun than a Glock. H&K is a perfect example of that.
 I've owned and shot several SIG pistols. They are bulky. Their grip angle is not natural. It causes you to break your wrist which is not good. If you plan on keeping the pistol for any amount of time. The cost of parts, magazine, accessories and the availability of custom options should be taken into account.
 And yes i know the navy SEALs use SIG P226s. But when was the last time the government ever did anything intelligent.

J

I think our moderator is too moderate.

I won't even mention what he did to that poor G20.

Back on topic, go to an indoor range, rent, and shoot both guns. Buy the one that you shoot best with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think our moderator is fantastic.

Have you seen that  G20of his? It's trick.

Back on topic, go to an indoor range, rent, and shoot both guns. Buy the one that you shoot best with.

Fixed that for you.

J

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
h I choose, [actually a gift from Beantown], he this one is used, but not abused.  What I have to do is figure out, as to what generation is this one.  Can the serial # tell me that?                                                                                                    Thanks, Lou
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Check out this picture.  Plus there is a lot of other information on this website.

glockfaq.com/picsmisc.htm
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top