Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 6:20:18 AM EDT
hello everyone this is my first post so here it goes.. anybody in here think the G 35 hold a candle to a usp tactical?  i personally like the tactical but the 35 is cheaper and also seems nice..hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock

The only thing the USP tactical has going for it is threads and the CDI (counterstrike-players dig it) factor.  The threaded barrel is superfluous unless you're getting a can.  I prefer the glock trigger and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The USP tactical is pretty large.  I've got a G35 and like it a lot.  I'd like a USP tactical too though but would pick the G35 first.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
They are for doing different things.  If you don't know why you need the HK, then the Glock will work fine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hello everyone this is my first post so here it goes.. anybody in here think the G 35 hold a candle to a usp tactical?  i personally like the tactical but the 35 is cheaper and also seems nice..

Years ago, I was unhappy with the reliabilty of my issue Sig P220.  I needed a reliable pistol for SWAT duty, and I was leaning toward an HK.  A friend of mine (the guy who talked me into joining the Marine Corps - he's still in) had both an HK .45 and a Glock 21.  He let me handle and shoot both extensively, and advised me to go with the Glock (which I had disdain for at the time).  

I hated the HK trigger, but the Glock pointed high for me.  After some range time, I found I shot the Glock much better.  I got used to the grip angle, and the consistent trigger was so eaasy to shoot with that I ended up buying a Glock 21.  It has fired many thousands of rounds in training, and confronted many bad guys.  I could not be happier with it.

I can shoot headshots at 50 yards with it 100% of the time standing with a barricade (taking my time).  Same with the other two Glocks I own (my dept switched about a year ago to Glocks).  

I have shot many HK's.  I think they are inferior to the Glock in shootability, and one belonging to a Trooper I know malfunctioned on me twice in one day at the range (factory ammo).  I have seen one Glock malfunction - shot by a very small female, who was basically limp-wristing it (noone else could make it malfunction - even holding it with two fingers to try to limp wrist it).

The Glock 35 will have a slightly longer barrel, adjustable sights, and a consistent trigger pull - every time - with a short reset.  In the hands of a skilled shooter, I think the Glock will do everything a HK USP Tactical will do - maybe more reliably and definitely for less money.

PS - I still thank my friend for putting me onto the Glock.  Ron, you're the man (I can still shoot better than you, though, bitch).
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot a Tactical, a USP and a MK23(just today for the last one) and I own a 35(I just took 6th place overall in an IDPA match today after three months off) and I just have to say that I like the 35 better. The HKs are great guns. Accurate, dependable, but just too big and bulky. Plus the grip angle for the Glock is more natural for me. But, this is just my opinion. The only real advice anyone here can give you is to try and shoot both. Or at least hold them and see which one fits you better.

If you have already done this and still can't decide then ask yourself these two questions. .40S&W or .45ACP? Which one do you prefer for whatever reason you wish to choose. Do I want to spend the extra money on the Tactical for a threaded barrel?

Oh, here is a third question. What am I gong to use it for? Competition, range work or for the intimidation factor?

Answer these questions and the choice will be come clear. Or at least less murky. LOL
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the look of the HK but don't like the way they feel in my hand but the is just me. I would buy the glock for the money. I have 5 glocks love them all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock, unless you are going to put a suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks everybody for your responses..and i just wanna say im a pretty big guy and maybe the tacticals bulkyness could fit me and my big hands better..but since im gonna use it for HD ill go with the 35 ..or maybe just save up for both  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted: ..or maybe just save up for both  

The proper AR15 response.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I strongly encourage you  to check out thisGLOCK Test. It’s amazing what this gun (GLOCK) will stand up to. Take the time to read the entire thread, and watch some of the videos. Guarantee you will be sold on a GLOCK by page 12. On a side note…it’s interesting to note that the GLOCK would fire after being buried in sand, but the USP would not.
-Derek  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I own a USPc in 40S&W and a USP Tac in 45.  I love both!  I have never had a FTF in well over 1000 rounds and would recomend them strongly.

But I also like the Glock 34 and will be buying one soon.  I like HK and Glock! I also know others that like both and own both too!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I strongly encourage you  to check out thisGLOCK Test. It’s amazing what this gun (GLOCK) will stand up to. Take the time to read the entire thread, and watch some of the videos. Guarantee you will be sold on a GLOCK by page 12. On a side note…it’s interesting to note that the GLOCK would fire after being buried in sand, but the USP would not. It’s amazing what this gun (GLOCK) will stand up to. Take the time to read the entire thread, and watch some of the videos. TONS of information available. Guarantee you will be sold on a GLOCK by page 12. On a side note…it’s interesting to note that the GLOCK would fire after being buried in sand, but the USP would not.

-Derek  

To be fair, is the Glock in that test a G35?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Between the G35 and the USP Tactical I'd pick the H&K for one reason...

I don't like the .40 caliber round.  Give me a 45ACP any day of the week.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#14]
No one has hit on this subject so I guess I will. Is this going to be your first glock? If it is and you own other guns you might as well get rid of them.

I found that due to the low bore axis of the Glock everything else, especially my Sig 228 felt like the slide was WAAAY to tall. I found it difficult to adjust when shooting both, also like LAY's potatoe chips I bet you cant buy just one glock....you will end up having one in each size and caliber
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
maybe you should ask this in the general handgun forum where both HK owners and Glock owners go. Of couse if you ask in the Glock forum, they are going to say Glock is better, I bet if you ask in the HK forum they will say HK is better. They are 2 different guns that are both accurate and relaible, it is going to come down to personal preference
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#16]
personal  preference is the key , im going towards the 35 i just need to shoot the tactical and i guess my decission will be made..another question, glocks proven to handle almost every torture does it shoot under water? oh well might as well post this thread with the hk lovers and see what they say ..     hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
personal  preference is the key , im going towards the 35 i just need to shoot the tactical and i guess my decission will be made..another question, glocks proven to handle almost every torture does it shoot under water? oh well might as well post this thread with the hk lovers and see what they say ..    

Actually, you can get the maritime spring cups for Glocks that let it shoot underwater. I believe they recommend them for 9mm though.
http://lonewolfdist.com/stockdetail.asp?item=GLO-70M
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#18]

To be fair, is the Glock in that test a G35?

These are the Glocks that he has tested.

Glock 19
Glock 21
Glock 27
Glock 36

All performed exceptional. I would expect the G35 to do so as well.

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
personal  preference is the key , im going towards the 35 i just need to shoot the tactical and i guess my decission will be made..another question, glocks proven to handle almost every torture does it shoot under water? oh well might as well post this thread with the hk lovers and see what they say ..    

Any gun will just about fire once underwater.  The problem is the force from the water will most likely prevent it from extracting the spent casing and having enough force to load another. If you decide to fire your gun underwater get some professional tips FIRST or end up like that guy who fired his AR-15 underwater and had it explode on him.

To be on the safe side just dont do it.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
maybe you should ask this in the general handgun forum where both HK owners and Glock owners go. Of couse if you ask in the Glock forum, they are going to say Glock is better, I bet if you ask in the HK forum they will say HK is better. They are 2 different guns that are both accurate and relaible, it is going to come down to personal preference

You beat me to it. Of course you'll get more Glock favorable responses here.

The real answer is THERE ISN'T ONE. Both are very very good weapons which have a history of performance. It comes down to personal preference. If some one says otherwise they're just letting their personal bias show.

Personally, I hate the Glock grip angle. It's an ergonomic nightmare for me. Does that make it an inferior weapon. Hell no. There are thousands who swear by and trust their lives to it. I have a Tactical and a USP compact both in 45. I love them. I do however have large hands. Since I like HKs better does that make them better? Hell no. Once again, there are thousands who swear by HK and trust their lives to them. Same as Glocks.

If you figure out a definitive answer, can you work on the UFO, Bigfoot, Lochness, spontaneous human combustion, what makes Diane Fienstien tick questions?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
well i posted the this topic with the hk forum and one person said the difference was hk is double action and glock single..another person said the only difference was exposed hammer and due to the ability to recock and fire on a dud would be the only reason some people choose hk, and as far as me shooting the glock underwater ,well that would only be stupid of me, i just wanna know if it can so i can feel i have an even more badass pistolhug.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
well i posted the this topic with the hk forum and one person said the difference was hk is double action and glock single..another person said the only difference was exposed hammer and due to the ability to recock and fire on a dud would be the only reason some people choose hk, and as far as me shooting the glock underwater ,well that would only be stupid of me, i just wanna know if it can so i can feel i have an even more badass pistol

Second strike capability is useless.  Recocking and firing on a dud round is, furthermore, tactically retarded.  There is no reason to think it will work the second time.  The proper procedure for the gun going click is a Tap Rack Bang no matter what the gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top