Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 3:26:29 PM EDT
Are there any real differences besides size?  Im looking to trade my XD 40 4" on one.  Love the accuracy that i get from the XD but am tired of babying it(rust) .  Will the Glock offer similiar results?  I assume that they both are as reliable.

thanks

Will
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Any rust you may encounter on the Tennifer finish of a Glock is easily removed with CLP.

I have zero firsthand experience with the XD, but rust isn't something you'd have to worry about on a
Glock pistol.

There is + .5 inches length barrel difference between the G17 and G19. The G19 being the smaller of the two.

Get the Glock and shoot the piss out of her. There's absolutely no worries.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The G19 conceals better, that's all. The G19 and G17 are equally as accurate and reliable.
The Glocks are better weapons in my opinion than the XD pistols. They are capable of accuracy just like your XD however you will need to get used to the Glocks trigger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on what you will be using it for. If concealment is not an issue go for the G17. If it is go with the G19. I purchased the G19 for this reason. Have no regrets at all about my choice. The G19 can do anything the G17 can and conceal better to boot.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned several Glocks, and no rust.  I generally don't clean them, either.  I would prefer the 19 over the 17; it's easier to conceal, and you only give up 2 rounds/mag.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
There can be a bit more felt recoil in the G-17 because of slide inertia, but you have to shoot the guns right after one another to really notice.  Also, the slightly longer sight radius of the G-17 may give a slight edge for matches if you think that may be something you might do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Rust?  Glocks laugh at rust, hahaha(that was the glock laughing).  I have never seen it. After many years in the rain wiht mine, the night sights are showing some signs of rust but the gun is good as ever.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
You won't have to worry about rust with the Glock.  The last time Mark5pt56 and I shot it was raining cats and dogs and my G17 sat in the range bag for a good 2 weeks before I finally got around to cleaning it and there wasn't even a hit of rust any where on it or in it.

As for the G19 .vs G17...I really don't think it makes much of a difference.  I've heard from several people that the compacts point better for those that are not used to Glocks but I can't confirm this.  I think the G19 would be slightly better if you wanted to carry it concealed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The grips are a little different. The finger grooves are spaced differently . I found the G17 grips more comfortable for me.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The grips are a little different. The finger grooves are spaced differently . I found the G17 grips more comfortable for me.  

Good point ! Get what fits your hand the best.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot them both yesterday, side be side.  The 17 was all over at 20yds.  The 19 was low and left but in a tighter group.  i shot two different 19's and they shot the same.  i dont know if im flinching or what.  they both feel good in my hands.  As fas as concealment goes i would like to, but i live in Nebraska.  No go.  None of the guns at the local gun shop had hi cap mags.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#12]
You might be tightning the fingers or jerking the trigger.

Edited for grammar.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
probably the case, newbies to the glock trigger often have some issues intially.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top