Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 12:45:40 PM EDT
I sent it to Bowie tactical and had the finger grooves removed. They were replaced with a steel checkered front strap that has stippling around it. I dont have the hang of the picture thing yet but here goes...

The removal of the finger grooves is a plus for me as my stumpy fingers land right on top of them, and makes the gun uncomfortable to shoot. The front strap and stippling provides a great gripping surface, better than the original grooves and is comfy to hold.

Shooting- nothing new to report here except I can hold on to the gun, it shoots like a Glock 19 should. Double taps are much easier and more accurate because I dont struggle with the grip. I have only put 200 rounds through it so far but the grip change has not harmed reliability at all its still 100 %. The gun is as accurate as it was just easier to shoot (for me anyway).

When I called for a quote I was told that it took 6-8 weeks to get the gun back once it arived at their shop. Mine was back in 5 weeks and a couple of days. The finished product looks exactly like it does on Bowies web sight. I am happy with the product and service I got and would recomend this shop to anyone with stumpy fingers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. How much did it cost to have it done?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks good. How much did it cost to have it done?

130.00$ but you can get stipples only for 75.00$ IIRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Neater looking than others I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Was the steel insert the only way to go for the stipiling or could they do it similar to the 2nd generation just on the plastic?

Looks nice
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That panel looks familar - click here
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
interesting
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That panel looks familar - click here

Wow I did not even know they made those. Also I think that Glock job would be great on a G21 and make the grip feel a little smaller.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:00:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 The finished product looks exactly like it does on Bowies web sight. I am happy with the product and service I got and would recomend this shop to anyone with stumpy fingers.

First off, that looks fantastic!

Second, I have been looking for Bowies web site for months with no luck...google isn't turning up anything. Got a link?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, lookie here.....

www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Very cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top