Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:26:57 AM EDT
I’ve been using a Uncle Mike’s ankle holster for my Glock 26 for a couple of years.  I like the holster and don’t have a problem drawing the weapon.  Weapon retention has never been a problem.  My problem is re-holstering.  Image below if the holster I’m using now.  

The Uncle Mike’s holster doesn’t stay open.  It collapses without the weapon.  Re-holstering is almost impossible without detaching it from my leg.   I’m not comfortable with re-holstering while the holster is collapsed.  I have an Uncle Mike’s waist band holster and like it.  It fits all the Glock 9mm pistols.  Image below of the waist band holster I’m using now.  

I’m looking for a ankle holster that will retain the Glock 26 (maybe a Glock 19) well and allow easy draw and re-holstering.  I would like a ankle holster with a thumb break.  I’ll be wearing this holster all the time.  On / off duty and riding a motorcycle.  I like the added security of a thumb break (old school training) .  I can forgo the thumb break if the holster will retain the weapon during my activities (getting in and out of the cruiser, running after bad guys and riding a motorcycle).  

I would like input, photos or links and reasons for your choice.  

Thanks  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Galco Ankle Glove

I've tried dozens and this is my pick.  I carried one every days for 8 years when I was working the street.

The only time I knew I was carrying it is when I banged it on the rocker panel of my patrol car getting in and out lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
glock223

I used a Galco Ankle Glove for my S&W J frame revolvers.  I still had the problem of re-holstering.  It’s an older model Galco.  Have they redesigned the Galco to stay open when the weapon isn’t in the holster?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont have a lot of experience with ankle rigs however the research i did led me to believe that the Alessi was top notch, so that is what i purchased. It does not  have a rentention strap, or at least the one I had didn't.

I've also used the Galco ankle glove which has a retention strap and liked it a lot. It is a leather holster with neoprene and a sheepskin backing which fastens with velcro, and also can be had with an optional calf strap which i never purchased. Very comfortable and stable, second only to the alessi.

I have herad great things about the Desantis as well however have no personal experience with it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I found the DeSantis to be extremely comfortable for extended periods, but never carried anything larger/heavier than a PPK in one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Galco Ankle Glove

+1, best ankel holster period.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I never had a problem re-holstering with the Galco ankle glove
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
alessi makes agreat ankle holster.  i don't wear it often, but it's about as comfortable and secure as you can get IMO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I HIGHLY recommend the Renegade line. Very comfortable and secure.

Renegade at Adco

Quoted:
Renegade

Hey guys, i think this qualifies as shameless self-promotion
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
As long as I get an advertising discount, it's OK.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had three, and Alessi is the best of the bunch by far.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]
seen the alessi and i think the neoprene & sheepskin strap on the galco is more comfortable, plus the calf strap on the galco really adds some stability.  Not a big deal if you wear boots, but i find the ankle holster really comes into its own at formal-ish events where belt carry is near impossible and you'll want the comfort wearing shoes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#16]
My partner and I both wear a Bootlok.  We have had them for about four months and still say it's the best ankle holster ever made.  I carry a G27 and she carries a G26.  You forget it's there.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Alessi.  No question.  Email him and ask for info : [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Just get a bootlok; you wont regret it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top