Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 4:53:32 PM EDT
I've had a SIG P220 for almost 10 years. I'm a LEO and I needed the blued finish redone.  Sent it to SIG it came back with issues.  Forced to get a G22 and I just qualified with it. MAN I SHOULD HAVE SWITCHED EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!OF COURSE THE GUYS OVER IN THE SIG FORUM SAID IT WAS MY FAULT SIG SCREWED THE GUN UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!? GO FIGURE
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the world of Glock. I converted from Sigs to Glocks a long time ago. I once had an earlier P220 made in Germany and I just never warmed up to it. Lousy trigger, reliablity issues, terrible finish so needless to say it's long gone. I'm assuming your P220 served you well for 10 years or you wouldn't have kept it so long? What type of problems were you having? Weren't interested in giving the folks in Exeter a chance to make it right? Dont get me wrong, I think you did the right thing as I am partial to Glocks.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
well the cheap blue finish was worn down on the slide...Sig told me 6 weeks to redo in nickel and it took 2 1/2 months.... they screwed up the thickness somehow because the ramp of the barrell was striking a part inside the frame when I got it back...I called them they said since it was an elective service that I could send the whole gun back to them and they would see IF they would fix it but the  shipping cost would be on me and I would again be without my duty gun (the loaners at my PD don't have night sights) I want a lighter gun...and I like the Glock rails....the list goes on and on
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My first try with a G19 was pitiful. Shyed away for a few years.

I went through my Hk phase, then tried Glock again. I think there is nothing better.

I get bored every so often and get a 1911, or wheel gun, or whatever, but justified only by wanting to cross train in other platforms. But I always go back to Glock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OF COURSE THE GUYS OVER IN THE SIG FORUM SAID IT WAS MY FAULT SIG SCREWED THE GUN UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!? GO FIGURE

It's Bush's fault.  He works at Sig.  

I carried a Sig P226 in 9mm for about 16 years.  I hated it.  

We're issued Glock 22's now.  

Welcome to Glock World.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
agencies should set standards then just let cops carry what they're comfortable with.  You think getting stuck with a sig sucked? Imagine cops in agencies that issue SIGMA'S
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My friend has a SIG P239 (40 S&W) he likes it but what frightened me was that it is his carry pistol and he says sometimes he'll even hit the target at the range! What's worse about SIGs is their mags are super overpriced.

Welcome to the world of Glocks! Low priced quality mags and AK-quality reliability.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks to all...its nice not having to strip my gun down for rustproofing every time it rains or someone sneezes near my gun...Colt_SBR very funny....now that I think of it Sig is up in liberaland so that makes sense
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks to all...its nice not having to strip my gun down for rustproofing every time it rains or someone sneezes near my gun...Colt_SBR very funny....now that I think of it Sig is up in liberaland so that makes sense

use BF CLP
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
agencies should set standards then just let cops carry what they're comfortable with.  You think getting stuck with a sig sucked? Imagine cops in agencies that issue SIGMA'S

We were all issued the Sig's.  For back-up/off duty, they have standards for weapons we are allowed to carry.  

Quoted:
its nice not having to strip my gun down for rustproofing every time it rains or someone sneezes near my gun

I would still pay attention to your sidearm as much as before.  

I don't baby my issue or personally owned weapons but I don't abuse them.  My back-side and everyone's else depends on them.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome aboard coppa6459!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top