Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 5:17:46 PM EDT
Well, I finally broke down and bought some A Grip for my G35. I was never impressed with how it looked, (like the black velvet backing on a cheap painting of Elvis), however the rave reviews from other Glockers convinced me to try it.

The install and instructions were easy. I did however not like the longer extended mag release button being covered as per instructions so I trimed that area. I also had a problem getting the material behind the slide stop so again I trimmed. It appears on the extended slide stop that there isnt enough of a gap for the material to get behind, perhaps it was just that particular pistol. At any rate, I am very pleased.

The grip feels awesome, doesn't snag clothing, and fits like a glove. It does not shift and grips very well with wet hands.  I liked it so much, I purchased another for my G21. I installed this as per instructions (over the mag release  button and against the frame behind the slide stop. The material being put over the mag release button does not hinder its function whatsoever. The G21 is a little large for my hands to begin with however with the addition of A grip, the palm of my hand does not want to roll off the backstrap.

I dont forsee myself  taking the grip off and I dont imagine it's going to peel anytime soon
therefore I need to use an exacto and trim to allow removal of the rear pin since that area is covered. All in all , Im pretty impressed with this stuff, for $20, it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
What is this "A" grip?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Best "modification" I've done to a glock.  Never gets slippery even with sweaty hands and stays in place.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder, does it absorb sweat/water/etc?  It appears that it would, which I would imagine makes it stink after time...much like a "The Band" watch band.  Still it's my fav band, so I don't see the grip stink being a prob for me if I try it, just was curious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wonder, does it absorb sweat/water/etc?  It appears that it would, which I would imagine makes it stink after time...much like a "The Band" watch band.  Still it's my fav band, so I don't see the grip stink being a prob for me if I try it, just was curious.

Just wash it with soap and water. You can use an old toothbrush to lightly scrub it if you feel like it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I use it too. Great stuff except it does bleed a little. If you call to order it directly from the person who makes be prepared for him to talk a lot.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I used a pachmyer slip on grip under the Agrip on my Kahr P40 covert and it made a world of difference in the control of the Kahr.   The short grip on the covert model combined with the .40 S&W made the recoil a bit of a challenge before the Agrip.  

It has been on the pistol for over a year and  held up well with light use.  No indication of major wear.  I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top