Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 10:37:56 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2d Gen refurbed pistol, so I'd obviously have a full warrenty with that.  I also have a chance to get a 3d Gen used pistol (non-refurbed) for basically the same price.  What's the consensus on what I should do.  Do I get the newer pistol with no warrenty or the older one and a warrenty?  Glocks never seem to really break, so part of me is leaning towards the 3d Gen.  Part of me also says I should get the 2d Gen so I'll have a warrenty and then later just send it to the factory for the frame upgrade.  [Ron Burgundy]I am in a pickle!  This is HARD.[Ron Burgundy]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You can send the 2nd gens to glock to get a 3rd gen frame? Thats cool I didnt know that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the 3rd Gen. Glock is really good about taking care of their guns. I bought a used 2nd Gen that was missing the rear sight. Took it to the local Glock armorer and he completely went through the gun, replaced all worn parts, sonic cleaned it, replaced the rear sight, and did the factory recall/upgrade all for no charge.   Even if you wound up paying for a couple of parts, the parts are fairly cheap and not too many of them to go bad.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get the 3rd Gen. Glock is really good about taking care of their guns.

Sounds like a plan, my only concern was in the unlikely (hopefully) event that I do run into probs, that I'd be stuck with a jacked up piece of equipment with no help to be seen.  But I think I'll get the 3d Gen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt you would have any problems with glock taking care of the 3rd gen gun if you have a problem with it.  I personally like the finger grooves better so that would be my choice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as warranty goes, Glock will take care of either pistol. I would get the one with the frame you like better. It sounds like you like the finger grooves so your answer is clear.  I personally would go with the newer 3rd gen pistol as I like the finger grooves.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The warranty follows the gun, not the owner.  I purchased a g22 (gen3) used and the locking block broke.  Glock had no problems fixing it for free.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The warranty follows the gun, not the owner.  I purchased a g22 (gen3) used and the locking block broke.  Glock had no problems fixing it for free.

Awesome.  I ordered the used FGR framed pistol.  It came yesterday, but when I went to pick it up, there was a buldge in the barrel, so it's being sent back to the seller, and a replacement pistol is being sent in its stead.  Oh well...I'll have my Glock eventually.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't mind the finger grooves but last week I had a chance to handle Mark5pt56's Gen 2 G19 and I loved it!  If I found a nice Gen 2 I'd jump all over it

but I already have a couple 3rd gens
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't mind the finger grooves but last week I had a chance to handle Mark5pt56's Gen 2 G19 and I loved it!  If I found a nice Gen 2 I'd jump all over it

but I already have a couple 3rd gens

Yeah, I prefer them w/o the finger grooves, but I decided I wanted the rail and that I could just grind the  grooves down if I wanted.  

I had a chance last year to buy a 1st gen 17 from a friend, but passed, and I asked him if he'd sell it now, but he wouldn't.  I prefer the 1st and 2nd gen grips.  The rail is just one more option though, I looked at it like a flattop, better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top