Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 6:28:02 PM EDT
i bought a 2nd gen 23 and am considering sending it in for the $45 slide refinish. what else will be done, ive heard they upgrade some parts as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont have a whole lot of info for you but I do have this. Glock has something on the order of "regional Rep's" that if you are able to locate one will bring your "older " pistol up to current "spec" ejectors were an issue for a while and mag springs, if they are shot will be replaced for free! I should give a disclaimer here, this is what happened for me in MN with a great guy we had here for a while. Glock has a lifetime warrenty and they stand behind it. Give them a call or IM me and I can tell you about a few experiences. Remember teniffer is in the metal of your slide and a refinish in most cases is purley cosmetic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad has owned and carried a glock 19 since the early to mid 80's. He carried the identical weapon as a LEO in the Caribbean and as a federal LEO in the caribbean. He has had it rebuilt twice by Glock. Once was 80 some odd bucks to replace every spring and add the New-york trigger spring. And the second was 80 something again, when he added night sights and had it rebuilt again. The finish is still the original on the gun AFAIK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top