Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 11:44:35 AM EDT
Looking for a cheap price on a used Glock.  On a tight student/cadet budget, so I have bills to pay with a very limited income.  I've found a few online for under 400.  Is that the cheapest I'll find one.  I don't mind not having an pre-Gen3 pistol, and actually prefer them older.  Not looking for anything pretty, just inexpensive, since looks wont affect the pistol's function.  If you guys have any sources, let me know, please.

Airborne
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Here in SC you can find a used or reconditioned Glock in the $350 - $400 range. That is about as low as Ive seen them. Thats usually cheaper than private party sales. I would buy one w/o night sights, because on LE trades they may be near the end of their service life. As your budget allows  add some Meprolites or Trijicons later. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

has the best prices on the web. they have 17's for $335
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, I've seen them, I think I'm going to order one this week.  I emailed Mark to see if he still had some.  I was just wishfully thinking that my poor ass would find something cheaper...still, that's pretty cheap.

Airborne
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]
i paid $250 for my g27 w/mepros ns, 3mags, 2 bianchi holsters, 2 ext grips and all the owner's papers.

could not have more than 100rds through it

just have to shop around sometimes. keep an eye in the ee too
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i paid $250 for my g27 w/mepros ns, 3mags, 2 bianchi holsters, 2 ext grips and all the owner's papers.

Where did you find a deal like that??? The EE?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, found it in the ee one of the only deals i actually got a hold of before everyone else called dibs
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you gave that person at least a kiss before you took it.

J

no kiss but i did ship next day
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My LMT upper was one of those deals that I was finally the first to call dibs on...unfortunately I haven't had any such luck in a while.

yep, found it in the ee one of the only deals i actually got a hold of before everyone else called dibs

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked up a police turn-in for $360 with two mags a lock box and a Fobus holster thrown in.  She's ugly but upon full disassembly, also looks to be mechanically sound.

I was just looking for a new project/beater for tactical matches, and looks like this should fit the bill.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
glocks are the best for beater guns and I carry one ALL the time, point it and pull the triger and it always goes bang. never has it failed me, never
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

he does have good prices

i sent him an EM 4 weeks ago on avalibilty on G30s, 3rd gen G19s, and some of those confiscated guns

never got a response

dont know if it just never got there; he never got around to responding; or what...shop somewheres else?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he does have good prices

i sent him an EM 4 weeks ago on avalibilty on G30s, 3rd gen G19s, and some of those confiscated guns

never got a response

dont know if it just never got there; he never got around to responding; or what...shop somewheres else?

I called him and ordered one of the used FGR G17s and a 3rd mag.  Everything went smoothly as far as that goes.  Try to call him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Provided you are not referring to Glock night sites.  I actually have to disagree with some of this statement.  Even if you are getting old tritium sights and they do blow out, you are still better off with the steel bodies that all night sights have, compared to the stock plastic sights.  If you are paying for a police trade in, it should be in the neighborhood of $350 anyway.

Quoted:
Here in SC you can find a used or reconditioned Glock in the $350 - $400 range. That is about as low as Ive seen them. Thats usually cheaper than private party sales. I would buy one w/o night sights, because on LE trades they may be near the end of their service life. As your budget allows  add some Meprolites or Trijicons later. Just my thoughts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top