Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:19:49 PM EDT
I never noticed this before, but I'm getting copper shavings in the chamber/barrel.

Is it normal for a GLOCK? Could it cause a "KB" or other malfuntion if I put enough rounds through it?

I'm using Wolf and Rem GS.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
no problem.  remember to thoroughly clean your firing pin channel as they get back there too.  No oil in the channel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it shavings, or is it a copper colored dust/residue? I had a similar observation, and was told that it is part of the lube from the factory. I don't know for sure. I noticed mine in the slide area
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
new glocks come from the factory with a copper colored lube on the slide.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
new glocks come from the factory with a copper colored lube on the slide.

+1 its true. More to the point though the areas where the frame and slide meet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
no problem.  remember to thoroughly clean your firing pin channel as they get back there too.  No oil in the channel.

Thanks, noted.

Quoted:
Is it shavings, or is it a copper colored dust/residue? I had a similar observation, and was told that it is part of the lube from the factory. I don't know for sure. I noticed mine in the slide area

Shavings.
The factory grease is almost completely absent from the slide now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, noted.

Quoted:

Shavings.
The factory grease is almost completely absent from the slide now.

Clean you barrel and don't shoot that dirty woof crap. I find wolf hg ammo to be some of the worst stuff out there. Whenever I shoot it I notice it sparking out of my barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Glocks eat wolf like candy.  I have never had 1 malfunction with wolf ammunition other than the very occasional dud primer, which only makes for good Tap, Rack practice.  I have on more than one occasion witnessed glocks (my own included)  fire several thousand rounds without cleaning and no deterioration in performance.  When it came time to clean, i cleaned the gun in the sink with palmolive and a toothbrush and everything came right off.

If you're gun doesn't shoot wolf, it's your guns problem.  Wolf is quality ammo and the only stuff i use for practice and training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top