Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 1:01:55 AM EDT
Hi guys!
I'm looking for a good holster that can hold my new glock17 with the glock flashlight attached on it..any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking for a thigh holster, there's none better (IMHO) than the Safariland 6004 or 6005 (a 6004 with a QD belt attachment added), but be prepared to wait a while; it seems that nobody ever keeps these things in stock.

I'm looking for one to fit my G19, myself.

Edited to add link: Safariland 6004
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the Safariland 6004.

EVERYONE in military or contractor that I have talked to that has carried a handgun in the recent past praise the 6004.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks!  :hug:  I was thinking about Safariland's products but I don't know much about them...can I put that holster only on my leg or I can put it also on my belt?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Safariland enjoys one of the best reputations here in the U.S. for quality of their product.

I don't know if the 6004 can be belt mounted though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The fobus in general is junk.  That particular retention model was recalled because people were having trouble with the retention device lighting off a round during reholstering.

If you don't need the retention or size of the safariland, bladetech also make a good piece.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there a holster that works with a glock 35 with an m3? I have seen them for the 22 but not the 35. thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The fobus in general is junk.  That particular retention model was recalled because people were having trouble with the retention device lighting off a round during reholstering.

There is  no longer any sort of issues with that holster. That retention strap has been increased in width which was the problem. The holster works just fine. Given it's not a operator grade holste but it is an option for basic  use. It does have the advantage of not being weapon light specific like most molded holsters though.

J

Now we get to the other retention issue with fobus holsters...the holster getting torn off your hip by a hostile opponent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#10]
don hume has some concealable holsters for that need.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Blade-Tech makes a great holster for Glocks with Tac-Lights attached.

I've been CCW my G17 w/ SureFire X200 in a Blade-Tech Paddle Holster for the last 3 months with no problems and adjustable tensioning for superior weapon retention without a strap. Sometimes I forget my 17 is on me, although that took a couple weeks of getting used to. Now it's like a growth.

Here's the link for a Glock 17 w/ Glock Tac-Light. Select GUN/LIGHT combo of your choice to the right.
Choice of color also. Blade-Tech makes a sweet holster. I've tried about all of them except for the
Safariland units. For CCW or Open Carry a pistol w/Tac Light, Blade-Tech is hard to beat.

www.blade-tech.com/product.php?productid=951&cat=280&bestseller

HS1

Edited to add that Paddle Style isn't available for your choice of Tac-Light. Only the SF X200.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is  no longer any sort of issues with that holster. That retention strap has been increased in width which was the problem. The holster works just fine. Given it's not a operator grade holste but it is an option for basic  use. It does have the advantage of not being weapon light specific like most molded holsters though.

J

I bet that recall didn't make it to many gun shops. Infact I would bet there are still loads of defective Fobus flashlight combo holsters on the market.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I have run with a Fobus for 2 years with NO problems at all
cheep and works for a paddle slip-in and out for the places they say we can't come in with....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now we get to the other retention issue with fobus holsters...the holster getting torn off your hip by a hostile opponent.

Our DT staff tried this when we were experimenting with a lot of new holster (when we switched from Sig to Glock), and they were able to rip the holster off of everything we tried except the SIII.  It's not just Fobus.  Get a strong guy attached to your holster with some motivation, and your holster is gone, bud.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
so, why increase your chances again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top