Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 5:51:28 PM EDT
Does anybody know if  the Glock steel sights are  tennifer treated?  Where can you pick up a set?

Thanks,
Josh

Edited cause I'm typing from the back of the short bus tonight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get 'em from  Lone Wolf Distributors, but I don't know what kind of finish they have; probably just a normal blued.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what type of finish they are either.  But some places sell them with steel sights from the factory, so I imagine you can have your local dealer order you a gun that way if you plan on getting one or another.

www.budsgunshop.com is where I first noticed they come from the factory that way.  I was my local prices were like his.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Does anybody know if  the Glock steel sights are  tennifer treated?

No, only the slide and barrel are treated. The small parts won't take the heat.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can get 'em from  Lone Wolf Distributors, but I don't know what kind of finish they have; probably just a normal blued.

I contacted Lone Wolf and they confirmed what HotRod9mm said -- the factory steel sights are not tennifer treated.

Thanks folks.

--Josh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top