Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:46:32 AM EDT
What would you guys recommend for a good quality fiber optic front sight for USPSA shooting?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What would you guys recommend for a good quality fiber optic front sight for USPSA shooting?

I use and recommend a Dawson Precision front, they make a few different ones depending on the rear sight you use.  I use a .105" width made for a Heinie rear and use a SlantPro Heinie rear sight.  You can get a front directly from Dawson www.dawsonprecision.com

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
No personal experience with them, but my neighbor who is hot and heavy into USPSA runs them on his 35, and speaks highly of them.  

ETA:  The Dawsons, I mean. He uses the Dawsons.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
should be fine for a non-tactical environment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a Dawson Precision .125 fiber optic front sight on my Model 23.  Without question the BEST choice I (personally) could have made.  What a TERRIFIC improvement over the standard white ball front sight.  It is BRIGHT as if it were electronically lit during normal daytime shooting.  Granted, it doesn't "glow" at night nor is it suppose to.  But when 99% of my range time is mid afternoon it is the absolute BEST.  Obviously, I would strongly recommend it to anyone who shoots during normal day time conditions.  Even on cloudy days it's still extremely visible with its red glow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the hi-viz front fiber optic sight in what I think was a .90 (It was the smaller one). I'm definately gonna get a wider one. I still have the stock rear sight with the white outline and the front just doesn't stick out as well as I wanted. I need to get an all black rear sight or magic marker out the white outline. With that being said I don't have any problems with the quality of the hi-viz sight.

Where are you guy's getting your dawson front sights at? Can you just buy the front dawson sight?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought the hi-viz front fiber optic sight in what I think was a .90 (It was the smaller one). I'm definately gonna get a wider one. I still have the stock rear sight with the white outline and the front just doesn't stick out as well as I wanted. I need to get an all black rear sight or magic marker out the white outline. With that being said I don't have any problems with the quality of the hi-viz sight.

Where are you guy's getting your dawson front sights at? Can you just buy the front dawson sight?

You can get the Dawsons directly from Dawson www.dawsonprecision.com  Also I think the Hi-Viz sights are all the same width with the fiber optic rod being different widths (metal parts the same).  With the Dawsons the front metal part of the sight comes in .090", .100" and .105" widths and to match heights for stock, Bomar or Heinie rear sights.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Ameriglo Smooth Operators, with a 0.125" front sight that has a trijicon tritium vial and a white circle around the green dot. It's not uber visible in broad daylight butI can see the white circle and/or the front post. It's all I need.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, ordered a Dawson Precision FO front sight with the correct Heinie rear sight to go with it, can't wait to get them in!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#9]
DP front/Heinie rear.
Love the set-up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top