Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
Has anyone see a Glock that has a Dura-Kote or Norells finish?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about factory Glocks or ones that have been refinished?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry refinished, and how well did they with stand the 350 or so temp for an hour?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I to would like to hear if any one has put the lower in a oven. I have thought about painting my Glock but was going to use a bake on the slide and an air dry like aluma-hyde on the lower.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a Glock 27 and 21 in Duracoat OD.  It was speed dried in an oven at 125 for 45 min.  It was then allowed to cure for another two weeks before duty use.

I would not attempt to put your Glock in the oven at 300.  At the least it will dry out the polymer.  The worst where the metal has contact with the plastic it may melt.

The 21 has been in use for almost one year.  In and out of my duty holster daily.  My holster is a "grabber".  Has a plastic claw that grabs the trigger guard.  The only thing I have noticed is the claw has made the Duracoat shinny in this spot.  Other then that no wear.

Moly does not stick well to plastics.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hateca , looks like a really rich OD color , nice job. Has anybody ever tried gunkote on a glock frame?
I have heard that you need to hit 300 degrees to fully harden, others have said a lower temp/longer bake time works OK.
Curious minds want to know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
When refinishing a Glock slide there is one thing that must be taken into consideration, the tennifer finish. Even though the "color " may wear form the slide from handleing/holster wear you are still protected as the tennifer works into the metal of you slide 2-3 thousands or something like that. So refinishing in most cases is purely cosmetic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The Slide is not erally my worry, the Actual Grip frame is what I an wondering on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
One thing you could do is contact Glock. I know they had a limited run of "desert Camo" G21's that they sent out of house to have done, find out where they sent them and do a little snooping. I read about it in a gunbroker add no more then 2 weeks ago, they had the name of the the finisher, I just can not recall.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One thing you could do is contact Glock. I know they had a limited run of "desert Camo" G21's that they sent out of house to have done, find out where they sent them and do a little snooping. I read about it in a gunbroker add no more then 2 weeks ago, they had the name of the the finisher, I just can not recall.

I believe it was Dynamic Finishes

Aim4MyHead just had his G20 done in this thread.

--Josh
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was Dynamic Finishes

Aim4MyHead just had his G20 done in this thread.

--Josh

I am looking for info on the Durakote and norells style, but thanks anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top