Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 4:08:41 PM EDT
I just recently got a Glock 21 and shot it yesterday. I love the thing the only draw back is it is smooth it is a Glock 21 2nd Generation. To fix this problem I went to the skate shop today to get some skate tape but I do not need a full sheet would anyone be willing to sell me enough to cover the grip sides of my 21 I will be more then willing to pay for it as long as its not really expensive the whole sheet costs $5.00 just trying to figure out the uses of all the rest of it if no one does I will have some for sale soon. Like a 1.00 per hunk or something

-Spook
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$5.00???????????????????????????????????

You can't be serious.

Yes VERY but its a whole sheet that covers the entire deck of the skate board thats alot of tape

-Spook

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I will have to go look I was just there today for something else and left to ride by the skate shop go figure
-Spook
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
This tape is the SH*T, I use it on my G17 and G31 for competition.

www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Try A-grip. It feels awesome in the hand, and its not nearly as aggressive as grip tape.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I use a bicycle tube. very thin so it doesn't increase the grip and VERY tacky compared to grips like hogues and decals. Not to mention it's $5 at wal-mart and that makes 10-12 of them.

J

Save your money and stop by your local bicycle shop and pull an old, discarded tube from their trash

We threw hundreds of tubes away every week when I worked in bike shops.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Home Depot sells the stuff by the inch/foot/yard.   3M stuff cheap.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
For CCW in an IWB against my skin...I beleive I will stick with my A-Grip!

Sandpaper and skin do not exist in harmony or so it has been my experience!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
just remember, there's a difference between grippy and tacky.  Skate tape is grippy, rubber is tacky.  Grippy coulf potentially irritate your skin if you don't wear an undershirt between you and the gun.  tacky can stick to clothing and mess up your draw.  Your decision to make.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I use a bicycle tube. very thin so it doesn't increase the grip and VERY tacky compared to grips like hogues and decals. Not to mention it's $5 at wal-mart and that makes 10-12 of them.

J

Save your money and stop by your local bicycle shop and pull an old, discarded tube from their trash

Yes, we've already established that $5 is too much to spend.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Yes, we've already established that $5 is too much to spend.  

Hey that was just advice for the tight-wads
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
As mentioned above, just about any hardware store will carry 3M grip tape, a bucks worth will be more than enough.

Or if you're really hurting for funds you could just visit the nearest hospital and swipe some off their stairs.  J/K of course!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I use a hogue grip..best finger groves and best comfort and control..

I wouldnt own a Glock with out one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top