Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 12:37:42 PM EDT
One of the captain's on my FD was given a new Gen 5 G19 by his former crew when he bid a new station (mine).  They had the top of the slide custom engraved and it appears to have been refinished.  I told him I could smooth out the trigger and install night sights for him since I have all the tools.  When I took it all apart to do the work, the channel liner popped right out with the striker assembly.  I have worked on many, many Glocks and have never had this happen.  I have never changed out a liner but I am figuring the liner was removed to do the refinishing and the guy just popped the old one back in (obviously they cannot be reused).

I'm now going to invest in a liner tool but I'm wondering if it is worth it to use a new liner like the Jentra stainless version I see on the NDZ website over the factory liner??  It claims to help the trigger pull due to exacting tolerances and smoother stainless surface.

Thanks for any input/experience
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Stock Glock is the best Glock if you want it to keep going bang.  

Don't know how you could remove a liner with without destroying it (thread into it to remove).  

And I've not ever had a liner pop out on its own.

Go back with a stock liner.   My $0.02.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen many of them come out and some that put up a fight to come out. There is no reason if one comes out and is in good shape that it cannot go back in contrary to what elite Joe bob said on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Is normal and put it back in tapered side towards the muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of the captain's on my FD was given a new Gen 5 G19 by his former crew when he bid a new station (mine).  They had the top of the slide custom engraved and it appears to have been refinished.  I told him I could smooth out the trigger and install night sights for him since I have all the tools.  When I took it all apart to do the work, the channel liner popped right out with the striker assembly.  I have worked on many, many Glocks and have never had this happen.  I have never changed out a liner but I am figuring the liner was removed to do the refinishing and the guy just popped the old one back in (obviously they cannot be reused).

I'm now going to invest in a liner tool but I'm wondering if it is worth it to use a new liner like the Jentra stainless version I see on the NDZ website over the factory liner??  It claims to help the trigger pull due to exacting tolerances and smoother stainless surface.

Thanks for any input/experience
View Quote

More likely when it was refinished and put in oven to cure, it loosened/shrunk the liner and that is why it popped out. I have never gotten one out easy without destroying it.

Just replace with a factory liner.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Doing a little more research, it looks like the Lone Wolf liner has good reviews.

I’m thinking it should be replaced since it might have been baked and ended up shrunken...that’s why it literally falls in and out so easily.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Smooth out the trigger = polish down the shitty coating on the trigger parts so it goes to shit even faster.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely NO reason to put anything other than a OEM liner in that thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just replace with a factory liner.
View Quote
from Glock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
from Glock.
View Quote

Pretty sure all the factory liners are Glock. This is not like auto industry where they source parts from wherever. But yeah.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty sure all the factory liners are Glock. This is not like auto industry where they source parts from wherever. But yeah.
View Quote
I knew what you meant.

In B4 "Lone Wolf has a factory too!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Smooth out the trigger = polish down the shitty coating on the trigger parts so it goes to shit even faster.

View Quote
You and I both know how shitty the mating surfaces are on the shear cut trigger bar.

Believing their magical coating does anything other than temporarily repelling rust is funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You and I both know how shitty the mating surfaces are on the shear cut trigger bar.

Believing their magical coating does anything other than temporarily repelling rust is funny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trigger bar and connector are sheared to put the bottom edges of each piece opposing each other so that the smokth edges are rubbing together.  

In twenty years of correcting people’s $0.25 trigger jobs I’ve never even felt one that made a difference.  The only thing that might smooth out the trigger pull is polishing the plastic channel liner and striker, and sometimes the firing pin block.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top