Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:54:24 PM EDT
I have a little dilema. Right now I have a model 30 and was thinking to downgrade to the 9mm (G34/26); One for carry and one for HD and the range. Another reason was so my wife can start to shoot and not be "freaked" out by the .45 caliber... but
I have had my model 30 for a few years now without a hickup and was thinking to get the AA conversion kit so I can plink around without having to buy another pistol and to get my wife into shooting...

Now for the actual dilema. I found out about Glock offering military discounts so I called a few places to find out if they honor that offer. The first place told me over the phone that they do so I get to the shop and start the process. When we were discussing the money issue he offered a different discount and they do not accept the original one. I said cancel the order and left.

The second one, I almost start the process but there was a problem with the payment issue, they do not accept my specific CC (not because of funds but they just do not accept it).

So this little odyssey got me thinking... maybe I should not sell and stay with the G30, buy the AA conversion kit and wait 'till I am back in my hometown and get the 9mm sisters. That way I do not have to worry about registration, waiting periods and other extra charges.

Was it a signal or was it the power of the .45...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't buy a pistol in California.

It's just not worth it. I second your idea of a G26 & G34, they are both excellent pistols.

I got rid of my .40 S&W Glock in favor of 9mm. Great decision. I shoot my 9mm Glocks way more these days and enjoy the trigger time much more. Follow your instinct and wait until you get to your home state to buy the twins. Fraternal twins that is.

Saving my pennies for an OD Green G19.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with Quantico Arms, they advertised discounts for LEO and Military and I think they have a new store in Calif.

Dave and crew are hard to beat.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I know about their CA location but unfortunately I am stationed in the lowest part of San Diego (Coronado) so I think HS1 recommendation would be better.
I think I'll buy the conversion kit and later "upgrade" to the twins .
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked at 22 conversions for my glock.  But then i shopped around and found that .22 pistols or revolvers were the same price!  ~250 bucks and you can get a ruger or smith 22 pistol or taurus revolver.  

Converting to 9mm is a decent idea.  But spending 2-300 bucks on reloading equipment for the .45 is a better idea--if those are your options.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I like their conversion because you still use the original glock platform and I am very used to it. Maybe I'll try reloading when I get a bigger place but I am still not sure about taking that route unless I buy a different barrel.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you just get a G19? Then you can use one gun for both home and ccw.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why don't you just get a G19? Then you can use one gun for both home and ccw.

It may sound odd but I never liked the 19...

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It may sound odd but I never liked the 19...

Damn, that DOES sound odd!

Seriously though, that is cool.  I am really into my 19 and I want a 34, but not into owning the 26. Different strokes, as they say.  I'm just glad that Glock offers such a variety to choose from. Although, if they added a slim single stack 9/40 about the size of the 19, that would be killer!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a little dilema. Right now I have a model 30 and was thinking to downgrade to the 9mm
Going from a .45 to a 9mm is NOT downgrading

Was it a signal or was it the power of the .45...
Saying handguns have power is erroneous..after all they're handguns!

Oh and my apologies that you're stuck in a communist state.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
"Oh and my apologies that you're stuck in a communist state."

Not for long!!!! A month or two and I am out of here.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Seriously though...we'd be glad to have you in the USA!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't worry. I'll "Hold The Fort" here in Kalifornia.  You be sure to come back for me with reinforcements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top