Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2021 12:07:23 PM EDT
I know the standing philosophy is run all black back up sights with an RDS.

The chosen sight seems to be the Ameriglo GL-429.

Does anybody else run anything different with white or tritium dots and like it better?  

I’m getting ready to setup an RMR 06 on a Glock 19.5 MOS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know the standing philosophy is run all black back up sights with an RDS.

The chosen sight seems to be the Ameriglo GL-429.

Does anybody else run anything different with white or tritium dots and like it better?  

I’m getting ready to setup an RMR 06 on a Glock 19.5 MOS.
View Quote

Tried a few different options.  

The low cost of the 429s combined with them having zero distraction value from the dot made them a win for me.  Plus, having them super low in the window really helps. To be able to really use tritium, you’d need a taller set.  

Not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the Trijicon Bright & Tough suppressor-height sights because my fake-OCD forced me to match them to my RMR
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered the Trijicon Bright & Tough suppressor-height sights because my fake-OCD forced me to match them to my RMR
View Quote

I use Ameriglo Trooper sights on my duty and off duty gun a 45 and 43x.

What would be the suppressor height equivalent of those?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I use Ameriglo Trooper sights on my duty and off duty gun a 45 and 43x.

What would be the suppressor height equivalent of those?
View Quote

I went with AmeriGlo GL-452 suppressor sights, which have the orange front dot and black rear. I know a lot of people don't feel the need to tritium dots as RMR backup sights, but it's my only RMR, so I went all out. They're a little tall for the Brownells RMR slide, which has a very deep optic cut, but I like them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the trijicon suppressor height night sights, but with the blacked out front and rear. It doesn't get in the way as much as far as bright colors go, but still has night sights in case something happens.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use the trijicon suppressor height night sights, but with the blacked out front and rear. It doesn't get in the way as much as far as bright colors go, but still has night sights in case something happens.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/TRij_JPG-1775090.JPG
View Quote

Those don’t look bad. I may need to call Ameriglo and see what they offer similar to that or the tall version of trooper sights.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/TRij_JPG-1775090.JPG
View Quote

Same ones I have.  GL201-C-600661 is the sku.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I use ameriglo GL-511.

Front dot doesn't distract at all. I like it.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Those don’t look bad. I may need to call Ameriglo and see what they offer similar to that or the tall version of trooper sights.
View Quote

Last time I checked, they do a blacked out rear, but all their fronts still retain an outline.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have some Trijicon's.

They're taller than 429's (which bugs me) and the front feels like it's an inch wide (I hate wide front sights).

They were my first RMR backup sights, but I didn't make the same mistake for the two I built after that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Last time I checked, they do a blacked out rear, but all their fronts still retain an outline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With them being taller can I still “run the dot” like the trooper sights?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Aim Surplus has a house brand suppressor height set that is $40- simple white dot and blacked out rear.
Aim sights

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I also went with Ameriglo GL-452 sights.

I like them a lot and will be putting them on all future pistols.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Dawson Precision MOS RMR Co-Witness night sights.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a set of Heinie Slant Pros on the G17.3 originally... other than trimming the leading edge of the rear sight they are used with a BattleWerx milling job for my RMR2...still visible through the window, probably 1/3
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I am using Dawson sights lower co-witness fiber front black rear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I would see these after I ordered GL-429 sights from Primary arms.

Off to Dawson to look...sigh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would see these after I ordered GL-429 sights from Primary arms.

Off to Dawson to look...sigh.
View Quote

Sorry man...  If you do get another set of Dawsons, just hang onto the GL429s until you get another MOS Glock. What better reason to get another, you know?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sorry man...  If you do get another set of Dawsons, just hang onto the GL429s until you get another MOS Glock. What better reason to get another, you know?  
View Quote

Get both and all...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anybody used XS Big dots with their RMR?  I'm doing a 21 build right now and I've been using Big Dots on my other builds and really like them, but unsure how distracting the giant dot will be.  I might end up trying it out and dumping them if I don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has anybody used XS Big dots with their RMR?  I'm doing a 21 build right now and I've been using Big Dots on my other builds and really like them, but unsure how distracting the giant dot will be.  I might end up trying it out and dumping them if I don't like it.
View Quote

I tried them and I found that them made my shooting clumsy.  To my eyes they were kept my eyes from centering on the (red) dot.  I have astigmatism so it may have been a factor in my case.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#22]
These are what I'm running on my GEN5 G19 MOS. I really like them and I will be putting two more set's on my other two G19 MOS gun's as soon as I get some more funds freed up.

Dawson GEN 5 G19 MOS sights
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I like using night sights wherever possible, with or without an RMR.

The only consideration is if you use NV. If you have nods, just get the GL429’s.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like using night sights wherever possible, with or without an RMR.

The only consideration is if you use NV. If you have nods, just get the GL429’s.
View Quote

I got the 429s installed today...veddy nice

That being said I will likely never be in the rich people cool kids club for NODS. Love to be though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
These are what I'm running on my GEN5 G19 MOS. I really like them and I will be putting two more set's on my other two G19 MOS gun's as soon as I get some more funds freed up.

Dawson GEN 5 G19 MOS sights
View Quote

They need to do those with green fiber.

Red = RDS
Green = BUIS
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They need to do those with green fiber.

Red = RDS
Green = BUIS
View Quote

My Dawson have always shipped with red and green fiber rods. Just change them when you get it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How hard is it to find a compatible holster with tall sights like the Dawson?
View Quote

I haven't really had any problems. I am running my setup with Dawson's and my Surefire XC-1 B in a Trex Arms IWB holster and the sights clear just fine. Of course on the Safariland RDS holster they clear as well with no problems. I do think you would find any that would have any issues with the Dawson sights. Of course like everything else there are some exceptions.

What irritates me with Safariland is just to get a holster that will accommodate a gun with suppressor sights you have to get one of their RDS holsters. They don't make one for just a gun with the suppressor sights and an RDS and no light. I wish they did as sometimes I carry one of my G19's with out a light so they leave me no choice but to spend money else where. I don't have a problem doing that either and that leads me over to Trex Arms.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My Dawson have always shipped with red and green fiber rods. Just change them when you get it.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I held off from ordering them due to the fact that there are no pics or description of a green rod being included.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I held off from ordering them due to the fact that there are no pics or description of a green rod being included.
View Quote

I would contact them and see if they still do ship with both rods to confirm. I havent had the need to order sights in awhile.

And extra rods are pretty cheap anyway.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/hi-output-fiber-optic/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top