Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 8:10:00 PM EDT
I overheard some guys while waiting for a lane to open up at the range bitching out the poor gun store clerk that they didn’t get their “essential worker” (lmao) discount as EMS. The clerk kept telling them that blue label was not for private EMS anymore only .mil, LEOs and FD.

I have buddies that are EMS and have bought via blue label for years so I thought this was incorrect. I went to their website and sure enough EMS is no longer listed but non-retired .mil is now.

The .mil discount appears to be outside of their Memorial Day to Veterans Day blue label special they’ve been doing recently, and is now “official” Blue Label.

Is this new? I don’t remember any of this in the criteria and bought a blue label G19.5 as recently as July.

ETA: Link

https://us.glock.com/buy/blue-label-program

The Blue Label Program is available to those eligible below with approved purchaser ID:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers with powers of arrest, including Federal, State, County & City also includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials (LE Department or Retired Picture ID front & back)

Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with "retired" credentials (Military picture ID front & back)

Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers (LE Department Picture ID front & back)

Nationally recognized Security Company – Officer Purchase for fulltime armed guards with Picture ID. Examples: Loomis, Garda, and GS4.State licenses, registrations, private investigators are not approved.

LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy.

The following are eligible for purchases at Local Blue Label Dealers but are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

Active duty Firefighters with current Active Duty Department Credentials. (FD Department Picture ID front & back) Eligible for purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

Honorably Discharged Veterans with DD214 and Driver’s License. Eligible for purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

GSSF Coupon - Recipients should contact GSSF for more information or visit a local blue label supplier and present the coupon at the time of purchase.Coupons may not be used for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Our Glock field rep said they have wanted to make that change for a while now. His rational was why should a EMS person who has nothing to do with guns get a Blue label when a one term combat vet cannot?

I'm thankful they opened it all year to Vets but they should have left the EMS folks in there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess this puts to rest the debate between Fire vs EMS
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang I've bought some as volunteer fire but looks like that is gone too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately they've also eliminated most armed security companies as well. Now it must be a "nationally recognized" company. Makes no sense.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our Glock field rep said they have wanted to make that change for a while now. His rational was why should a EMS person who has nothing to do with guns get a Blue label when a one term combat vet cannot?

I'm thankful they opened it all year to Vets but they should have left the EMS folks in there.
View Quote

Then why include Fire departments if that’s the logic?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, I dont understand it either.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#7]
So, we should thank them for doing it while they were doing it.   Instead of people upset they don’t do it anymore.  I’m sure there is a reason behind it.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha! Private EMS here, I prefer to be called a worst responder tyvm.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just noticed they also removed judges and DAs from the list
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Once the market slows down, they will be back to giving a discount to everyone that could be even considered worthy.  While the guns are bringing $800 on GUnbroker, they aren't going to watch discounted guns get sold for double the money.  Its that simple.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, we should thank them for doing it while they were doing it.   Instead of people upset they don’t do it anymore.  I’m sure there is a reason behind it.  
View Quote

I imagine people were flipping them
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I imagine people were flipping them
View Quote

Oh Yeah ...Cant find anything ....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
My blue label dealer didnt know about the changes until last saturday, in which he tried to tell me I could only get a blue label gun between memorial day and veterans day.

I left with 2 blue label guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only reason I can think of is for their Arson Investigators that are armed and have arrest powers
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because everyone loves freakin' firefighters.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I emailed Glock CS about this and they said simply that the EMS portion of Blue Label sales was so low as to not be worth continuing their inclusion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#18]
So if I’m reading it right vets can now purchase up to 2 guns year round ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Glock just announced that they are adding EMTs back onto the list for blue label firearms.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Based on the Blue Label page they specify that "Certifications alone do not qualify." Sounds to me like people were taking an EMT class getting a cert and getting blue label glocks.  If thats the case I am ok with what happened.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I install the plumbing and hvac in hospitals, fire, and police stations. Without me there would be no "first responders". Everytime one of these heroes has a drop of sweat or a prisoner tries to flush a shop rag down the shitter, who gets called? Me. Who's the real first responder? Me. Without me these heroes would bitch and complain and go home. I want a discount too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

And don’t understand why?

They should be kept on and add Coroners to the list as well.

In Ga all of the above have the same gun carry rights as a sworn officer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Fire and ems pay even police pay is so low they deserve even more because i know I couldn't make it on that money. And I've always wanted to be leo!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Out of curiosity, when did Glock start the Blue Label program?  I'm guessing it was well after my time as a firefighter/EMT and police officer because I never heard of it back then.  

Here's my opinion on it.  It seems like Glock does this as a "thank you" for first responders and such.  Trust me, you rarely get thanked on the job and let's face it, unless you work for a large FD with a large budget, you don't make a lot of money.  In fact, at my department, almost every firefighter worked a second job on days off just to stay ahead of the bill collector.  Most police officers I knew did the same thing and we often made more money from those side jobs than from our primary.   Most private EMS (who are generally under contract with their city) make similarly small paychecks as well.

Most of us did it/do it because we want to help people and the first thing you learn before even taking the job is that you're not going to get rich.  In fact many firefighters who don't work for large departments hover just above the poverty line.

So, while Glock can certainly limit who they want to give discounts to, if anyone, if you're going to do it then include everyone under the first responder umbrella.  When you go to work each day knowing there's a real chance of not coming back to your family and doing so for not a lot of money, things like the Blue Label program really help financially and it's nice to know that someone cares.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#25]
They still give the discount to judges, deputy DAs and deputy Public Defenders? Airline pilots qualified as well for a time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arson investigators
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They still give the discount to judges, deputy DAs and deputy Public Defenders? Airline pilots qualified as well for a time.
View Quote

No, all of them have been removed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glock just announced that they are adding EMTs back onto the list for blue label firearms.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145596/GLBL_JPG-1846748.JPG
View Quote

So what is their "internal qualifications solution"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Unfortunately they've also eliminated most armed security companies as well. Now it must be a "nationally recognized" company. Makes no sense.
View Quote

If it can exclude a group, to the bean counters, it makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

No idea. As far as the list goes, they direct fire and ems to blue label dealers and not through Glock direct.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I know when one store called to see if I qualified (911), the glock person they called said I did qualify. Went to another store and whoever they called said I didn’t.

When they started doing the veterans all the time, one store was good with just my VA ID, the other wanted me to bring my DD214 each time.

Either way, I’m glad I get it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I know when one store called to see if I qualified (911), the glock person they called said I did qualify. Went to another store and whoever they called said I didn’t.

When they started doing the veterans all the time, one store was good with just my VA ID, the other wanted me to bring my DD214 each time.

Either way, I’m glad I get it!
View Quote

Glock keeps their site pretty well updated as far as who qualifies and what documentation you need to provide. They even added a new chart to the bottom of the website to make it easier. Shops calling their area reps just adds more confusion and delay.

As for the veteran qualification, they do say you need your DD214/NGB22 plus your drivers license for eligibility.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have to actually work for an agency and not just have an EMT cert
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Only reason I can think of is for their Arson Investigators that are armed and have arrest powers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All investigators in our Arson division are sworn law enforcement with full arrest powers. They carry a mix of Gen 4 and 5 Glock 19s
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good, they are not on the side of 2A
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, no need to arm those who want to see us disarmed and in prison
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If they aren't in anymore nor did their full twenty. It appears they get nothing either.
View Quote

Incorrect. We can buy from blue label dealers, just no direct purchase.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Huh.... news to me. Good that they are doing that now.
View Quote

They made this change at the beginning of the year, I saw it in a post, maybe a thread in this forum. I went day tripped to Gettysburg on my next day off, showed up 15 ,inutes early, DD214 in hand. I got a 19.5MOS and 43X.

I might carry the 43X one day if we ever get to live in a society again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If they aren't in anymore nor did their full twenty. It appears they get nothing either.
View Quote

That was one of the big changes that was made when they did this recent list change. Now anyone who is honorably discharged qualifies, they just have to purchase through a blue label dealer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Ill be that guy....I feel only guys/girls who are sworn law enforcement officers should qualify for the blue label program. WAY too many professions are included in this eligibility list.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#43]
How does a company you don’t own, selling guns you don’t own, to people that have at least done something for society, for $100 less than normal price as a way of saying “thank you” bother you?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I overheard some guys while waiting for a lane to open up at the range bitching out the poor gun store clerk that they didn’t get their “essential worker” (lmao) discount as EMS. The clerk kept telling them that blue label was not for private EMS anymore only .mil, LEOs and FD.

I have buddies that are EMS and have bought via blue label for years so I thought this was incorrect. I went to their website and sure enough EMS is no longer listed but non-retired .mil is now.

The .mil discount appears to be outside of their Memorial Day to Veterans Day blue label special they’ve been doing recently, and is now “official” Blue Label.

Is this new? I don’t remember any of this in the criteria and bought a blue label G19.5 as recently as July.

ETA: Link

https://us.glock.com/buy/blue-label-program

The Blue Label Program is available to those eligible below with approved purchaser ID:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers with powers of arrest, including Federal, State, County & City also includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials (LE Department or Retired Picture ID front & back)

Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with "retired" credentials (Military picture ID front & back)

Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers (LE Department Picture ID front & back)

Nationally recognized Security Company – Officer Purchase for fulltime armed guards with Picture ID. Examples: Loomis, Garda, and GS4.State licenses, registrations, private investigators are not approved.

LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy.

The following are eligible for purchases at Local Blue Label Dealers but are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

Active duty Firefighters with current Active Duty Department Credentials. (FD Department Picture ID front & back) Eligible for purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

Honorably Discharged Veterans with DD214 and Driver’s License. Eligible for purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

GSSF Coupon - Recipients should contact GSSF for more information or visit a local blue label supplier and present the coupon at the time of purchase.Coupons may not be used for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.
View Quote
View Quote

Good!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That was one of the big changes that was made when they did this recent list change. Now anyone who is honorably discharged qualifies, they just have to purchase through a blue label dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ill be that guy....I feel only guys/girls who are sworn law enforcement officers should qualify for the blue label program. WAY too many professions are included in this eligibility list.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Arson investigators
View Quote

SRT Medics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top