Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:23:26 AM EDT
What's a good belt or paddle holster for the 19?  I've been thinking about either the uncle mike's kydex or a Fobus holster.  Any pros/cons?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Comp-Tac, hands down the best!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Fobus paddle holster for my Glock.  It's good and comfy, but offers zero retention.  There was a video floating around demonstrating how easily it could be broken and your pistol taken.

I still carry with them, because the are concealed.  But that's me.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got a Fobus paddle holster for my Glock.  It's good and comfy, but offers zero retention.  There was a video floating around demonstrating how easily it could be broken and your pistol taken.

I still carry with them, because the are concealed.  But that's me.  YMMV.

I use a Fobus for my 19 when I shoot IDPA and every once in a while I will use it for CCW.  Of course the gun can be easily grabbed by someone trying to take it (as can any holster that doesn't have a strap or other security) but my Fobus paddle is so tight that it's take a good strong pull to get my gun out.  It has loosened up a little since I bought over a year ago but I have zero problems with it being loose.

I would recommend looking into Bladetech holsters, alot of people who I shoot IDPA use them and they swear by them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Hume 721OT belt holster & it is great.  I really like leather...

I do have a Comp-Tac IWB as well & have no complaints there either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Kramer IWB and Vertical Scabbard.  Great gear, but expensive.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like the CQCs with Serpa.  Definitely the easiest retention system going.  Just use the belt mount, because the paddle they use seems pretty flimsy.

--Josh
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Bianchi Shadow II (model 7/7L) Black.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]
oh f*(k it , my paraclete double m4 pouch , attached to my plate carrier. 4'o clock.
i'd have something more to say but , i'm gonna keep everything off of my leg and belt.

oh sheeuut, remembered bought a cqc serpa. waiting for it still to come in. but i have a feeling i'm gonna go back to my double m4 pouch.

meat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top