Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 4:45:45 AM EDT
Well, I finally got a 36. I have always liked this model. It feels good in my hand. It has about the same height (top of slide to bottom of mag) and length (back of slide to muzzle) as the G19, which is one of the best proportioned handguns made IMO.

My problem has been that after reading (I know, on the internet) some mixed reports on the 36, I have been scared away from buying one, even though I have a 17, 19, 26, 21, and have had a 30 (never should have traded that ) with no problems.

I'm not sure what happened the other day, but I got the itch and bought a 36. It's only been to the range once since then (Saturday), but I put 200 absolutely flawless rounds through it. It shoots to point of aim and is consistent there (I like to say that instead of "it's accurate"). Also, the recoil was not bad at all. This was another thing that I had read, "it kicks bad!" Not true for me at least.

So, I thought I would give the 36 a positive report here. I know some of you guys have 36s and now I know why you like them.

Drew

P.S. Anybody ever put some DoubleTap ammo through a 36?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my G30, I hope the G36 works out for ya.
I shot my friends G21C, man those G2s1 are sweet pistols, I want a G21!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love my G30, I hope the G36 works out for ya.
I shot my friends G21C, man those G2s1 are sweet pistols, I want a G21!!

The G21s are the softest shooting .45s I've ever shot, certainly big though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice pistol & thanks for the report!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The G21s are the softest shooting .45s I've ever shot,

That is the absolute truth.  I thought that the first time I shot my buddy's 21.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]

but I got the itch

Damn that itch.

I've never been a big glock fan but I hope you enjoy your new gun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn that itch.

I'm telling you what, it seems the only remedy for the itch is to give in immediately and buy whatever gun is causing the itch. And then the new infant gun starts whining about being hungry, wanting to go to the range and eat ammo, get new holsters to keep it warm and safe, and all sorts of other stuff. What a pain...

EDIT: 200 posts!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive had my 36 for awhile now, it's the perfect compromise for me in size and firepower. I carried a 21 around conceiled for a really long time, but summer got to me. The 30 I had didn't cut it for me because I could just as easily carry a 21. I've shot just about everyround out of my 36 that I can think of, the 230+p does make your hand tingle a bit if you do a mag dump of 'em. I've never had a fail to fire, or a fail to feed while I was shooting, but while racking it I've discovered it doesn't like really wide mouthes of HPs like the core-bon, or flying ash-tray rounds. Other than that it's 100%, and it's my daily carry piece, it's saved my ass a few times too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I put 100 more rounds of ball through the 36 today along with a box of 230 grain Hydrashoks. She is still running perfectly.

I also brought my 21 with me today. It's probably been a year since I've shot it, and this thread got me wanting to break it out. I put 100 ball and 20 Hydras through it as well, perfectly. I really must say, I have 9mms that I think are soft shooters that have more recoil IMO than the model 21. It's big, but what a fun gun to shoot!

Drew
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I just don't get why some people don't like the 36....

Mine has always performed 100%.
I'm even thinking of getting another one in case GLOCK stops production on it.

(A new G26, G30 and G21 are also in the future)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm even thinking of getting another one in case GLOCK stops production on it.

Any possibility on that? I know it is not their most popular model, and may even be their least popular, but anytime one shows up at a gunshop around here it is not there long. I typically don't like to get duplicate guns because one, at least for me, never gets shot. But, if they were going to stop production, I could see trying to track down an OD green G36.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top