Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:15:04 PM EDT
Just wanted to say I ordered my nifty new Glock 30 last Sunday evening.  Been lurking around in this forum and over at Glocktalk looking for a new CCW.  This will be my first ever Glock.  Have actually never fired one.

I decided on this instead of the G36.  Should be able to pick it up next Friday hopefully.  I've also ordered a CTAC holster, 9 round magazine for concealability, Hogue handall grip that I might not use, and a Pearce grip extension that I might not use.

How'd I do for not asking any questions?  

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Great carry-Glock especially in .45 Auto

You're going to love it, rdblan2

Congratulations!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased my G30 around 10 days ago. Great, great CCW pistol.
I am glad I chose this pistol. Former HK guy too. Only beef is the trigger.
May consider the aluminium trig. Did I say great CCW?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Test whatever ammo your gonna carry alot. I love Glocks and have alot of different models (20,21,26,27,32) but my friends G30 just doesn't feed reliable enough for him to carry. It fucks up at least once at the range everytime we go usually more.

Why not send it back to Glock? Lifetime warrenty and all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You chose wisely!

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I pickked one up a little over a week ago. Now I know what some women go through, do I sport the G27 with the Desantis or the G30 with the Galco or is it a J-frame day? Decisions, decisions.
Now on to the G21 so I can share mags
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats.  I agree with most everyone here, you're gonna love this gun.  I picked up mine for ccw, and it was my first glock as well.  Very reliable, and pretty darn accurate too.  Now, like some others mentioned, I've gotta get the 21....   yeah, I guess I'm hooked now.  Best of luck and happy shooting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all!  Can't wait to get this.  Stupid Maryland and this 8 day waiting game.  Hopefully my FFL had it last week and I can pick it up on Friday.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice choice for a CCW!

Had to echo Yojimbos pic...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice choice for a CCW!

img116.imageshack.us/img116/5599/g302nc.jpg

Nice pic!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice choice for a CCW!

img116.imageshack.us/img116/5599/g302nc.jpg

Nice pic!

I have the same BM CQC7 knife, only with the black blade, and was going to throw it in to the pic, but the CR is my daily carry so went with it instead. Nice weapon choice!

I also got one of the SD 16" Mid-Legnth barrels, but haven't had a chance to build it up...

Great minds think alike!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
       I am a 1911 kind of guy and have shot tens of thousands of rounds over the years.It is a gun I shoot well and am very comfortable with.
        I wound up needing a smaller carry piece and did a deal with a guy in my gun club and wound up with a 30.
        It's ugly amd hardly looks like a gun,it feels like a brick in my hand.The trigger is funny. With full power loads it pinches my finger about every other shot.
        The bottom line is that it drills all the shots pretty much right where I point it without hardly haveing to think about it.It's my perfect carry piece,although I admit I also carry a S&W airweight snubby when I am to lazy to carry the 45.
        The 30 can be a handfull unless you do quite a bit of pistol shooting,but when one considers how much firepower you get in such a smallish package it is a great gun.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on your purchase!  You set it up perfectly with the holster and finger extensions. I shot one at the academy (our department lets us buy our own weapons) and shot best in my class.  The only malfunctions I had with it were when it was  exceedingly dirty (after 400 rounds or so, then it would occasionally fail to go into battery.  You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#16]
If you don't mind me asking, for those who chose the G30 over the G36, what influenced your decision?  I currently have a G21 that I like very much, and I am considering a G30 or G36.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Took out the new 30 to the range yesterday.  I ran a little over 100 rounds through it.  Functioned flawless.  It's a little snappy but I like it a lot.  I certainly am pleased with my new carry gun.

OLO:

I was back and forth between the 30 and 36.  I think the 36 would be a little more comfortable to carry, but chose the 30.  It's only a tad wider than the 36 and with a few extra rounds.  Think about it like this:  Do you want to be in a fight for your life and be thinking, "I wish I had those extra rounds since I'm empty now and the bad guy is closing on me.  This model 36 sure is comfy though."  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top