Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:51:18 AM EDT
I have a Gen 2 Glock 22 that has never carried and approx 500rd thru it.  Gun is in excellent condition with factory case, 1 - 10rd mag, 2 - 15rd mags (all factory).  What would be a fair price to ask for it?

Also if I were to decided and sell it on the web, what should I estimate the shipping price to be?  Handguns have to be shipped overnight, right?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet you could get $450-$475 for it. FEDEX overnight shipping will run you around $25.

It's up to you if you want to include shipping in the asking price. Maybe you could sell it face to face with someone in your own state or proximity.

Is there a WV Shooters Forum outside of ARFCOM? That would be a good place to advertise it.

Good Luck and what will you be replacing the G22 with?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You think that much?  That would be great!  I hoping for mayby $425 + shipping and feared it might not even move at that price.

As for the replacement, I'm not sure yet.  Something a little smaller in case I ever do decide to carry.  Was thinking about the Kimber's but the MIM components have me a little concerned.  Maybe an older Colt commander, SIG, or HK compact?   Still researching.  Any suggestions for a premium carry handgun under $1K?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
$425 sounds about right to me unless it's got night sights or something extra.  Used, police turn-in G22's go for around $380, so it would be hard to get much more than $425 for yours despite the fact that it's in like new condition.  I bought my 22 from J&G sales for $379.  I also just bought a like new G26, with 3 mags and the original box for $400.   But heck, ask $475, you never know, you might get it!

If you're used to a Glock why switch?  Trade your G22 in on a G23 or G27.  It's hard to beat a Glock for CCW, they're light, flat, super reliable, have excellent capacity and don't suffer from rusting that sweating all over them will cause.  I sweat all over my carry gun here in Arizona, specially in the summer time, I've even started rust spots on stainless guns but I've never seen a speck of rust on one of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the Glock for the AK type reliability.  My biggest complaint is the safety.  I would not feel comfortable carring a Glock with a round chambered.  I would rather have a handgun that is DA and carry chambered but not cocked or SA with it cocked and locked.

I just about ruled out a 1911 because the one I want cost $1500      So right now I'm researching SIG's and HK's.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:00:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My biggest complaint is the safety.  I would not feel comfortable carring a Glock with a round chambered.  I would rather have a handgun that is DA and carry chambered but not cocked or SA with it cocked and locked.

Take a good pistol defense/combat course and you'll get over that notion quick, Slick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top