Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:16:21 PM EDT
If the rear sight on a pistol (GLock) is offset to the right about 3/16ths
of an inch would cause the shooter to miss left of target?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, before scooting it, where are the rounds going?

Whenever I'm about to do something like that, I hand it to someone else and tell them to hold center target.

If they are right on, it might be technique.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If the rear sight was offset to the right and you aligned the rear sight up with a centered front sight, you would group to the right.  I wont call it a miss because the gun is set up that way.  A miss is when the shooter doesn't hit the intended point on the target with a properly set up gun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but faulty trigger pull will.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats not the answer I wanted to hear
I had a feeling I was jerking and or anticipating.
That sight is way off to the rightside of the slide. You can easily notice it with
your nekid eye. I will scoot it left just to see what happens
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it new or used?
If it's used, the last owner may have *thought* it needed adjusting when it didn't.

If you can get a decent group, try and get that group on target without moving the rear sight. Adjust how you pull the trigger first, then grip, etc.
If you can move that group over to the far right, then adjust the rear sight back in the center of the slide.

Oh, and the poster above me told you right.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wait, before scooting it, where are the rounds going?

Whenever I'm about to do something like that, I hand it to someone else and tell them to hold center target.

If they are right on, it might be technique.

Rounds are near center but left like Feinstein.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd put the rear sight in the middle, and have an experienced Glock shooter try it out.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's the shooter (no offense) and not the gun.  It just takes a while to get use to the Glock trigger.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top