Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 11:39:22 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 with about 300 rounds through it, and the top of the barrel right in front of where it's stamped 9x19 above the chamber is worn down to bare metal.  I know this area is subject to finish wear but it just seems like it wore too fast.  Any input?

Digital
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you're talking about the finish wearing along a line on top of the chamber, that's completely normal. My 2nd (newest) G19 doesn't have quite 300 rounds through it and it's worn shiny on a line across the top of the chamber, too, right in front of where its stamped "9x19". That's where the slide rubs as it unlocks and starts to the rear...now if you're shaving metal from that location it's probably a real problem...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, normal. It has only worn off the black finish. The Tenifer is still there protecting the barrel. If you look in the owners manual that area inside the slide is a lube point.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Well that's good to know.  I was just making sure because I've seen Glocks with more rounds fired then mine with more finish on them on that spot.  I thought mine was wearing differently but if it's not abnormal I won't worry about it.  Thanks.

Digital
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top