Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 8:03:34 PM EDT
Well iam new to the forums and maybe this is a dumb question but iam gonna ask anyway, basically iam having alot of problems with it, at first it was the +1 mag extender you can get for it that i had a glock armour put on at a show, it would constantly jam up so i dont use that now.
Ive ordered two new mags and now the problem is the slide does not always stay back after the last shot, about half the time it does.

Ive heard people say its because its a subcompact and they are "prone" to do that.

Do i just have a lemon or are they right?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
well now you worry me.  I just got a 36 and I have yet to shoot it.  I have 2 mags with the extensons on them.  Hope you fix everything easy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well iam new to the forums and maybe this is a dumb question but iam gonna ask anyway, basically iam having alot of problems with it, at first it was the +1 mag extender you can get for it that i had a glock armour put on at a show, it would constantly jam up so i dont use that now.
Ive ordered two new mags and now the problem is the slide does not always stay back after the last shot, about half the time it does.

Most magazine extenders don't come with a spring. As a result adding an extension may cause problems, that is to say failure to feed.

It really sounds like you are limp wristing the gun. Have someone else, who shoots pistols a lot, shoot your gun and see if the problem continues. Or shoot it yourself making sure you keep your wrist locked.

Ive heard people say its because its a subcompact and they are "prone" to do that.

BS. Subcompact's run just fine. They are not prone to malfunction.

Do i just have a lemon or are they right?

I suspect it is magazine or user induced. Test more, shoot more.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a thought about the feeding issue you described...When you rack the slide do you pull it fully to the rear and let fly or do you kind of leave you fingers on the slide and ride it forward?  Instructors at the academy called that "milking the slide" and that was the only time I ever had a Glock malfunction on me. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, I'll agree with limp wristing or the extension being the problem. If you are not limp wristing, and you know that you're not because you let a pistolero fire a mag or two through it, then I'd be willing to bet that if you replace the extension with the factory plate, you will be a happy shooter.

IIRC, the Pearce +0 and Scherer +0 don't cause malfunctions... Don't quote me on that though.
I have thought about getting the Scherer +0 since it's not as long as the Pearce, and looks as if it actually belongs there.

ETA: Sorry about the link for the Scherer... the link I provided is a +1, not a +0.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Id almost bet money your thumb is touching the slide release just enough to hold it down or at the minimum, keep it from being pushed up.

Outside of that, what ammo are you using?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top