Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2002 6:52:07 AM EDT
I have been away from shooting for quite a while and am wanting to shoot my Glock 22 more seriously now. I am also looking at getting a few accessories for it. So I am looking for a few suggestions. I have a 3 1/2 lb trigger, second generation. Would suggestions would you make for improving durability or shot placement etc?... My primary purpose would be defense and tactical uses...no competition.

Do you prefer drop free or non-drop free mags?

Stainless guide rod and new spring?

Mag well?

I am also looking for a good Thigh holster and concealment holster.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
That 3.5 lb. trigger is kinda light for a defense gun. Did you drop that in or did you buy it like that?

I prefer drop-free mags, but be advised not all drop-free mags drop-free and some non-drop-free mags do drop free. Drop-free (FML) mags are generally more expensive than non-drop-free (NFML) mags.

For your intended use I'd definitely get night sights, Meprolights, Trijicons, or PT night sights.

Hopefully, somebody more knowledgable than I am will weigh in on the other stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought it with the 3.5 lb trigger pulland two hi cap mags. It was a 24C factory rebuild but I changed the upper to 22C.

I have a drop free and a non drop free. Sometimes the ndf is hard to get in when loaded up and I have had it pop out on me a couple of times due to this. My df slides right in and I can easily tell when it locks. I have read though that the ndf helps prevent accidental mag discharge and I was wondering what people actually found to be practical.

I will start looking at night sights.

THanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ever consider a quality aftermarket barrel? If you either reload the .40 cal or just don't want the blast at night from the compensator, it may be handy to have.  As far as mags, both work equally well in my frame but the NDFs don't "drop" out till it is almost empty, which, to me is no biggy. Some like the rubber slip on grips, offering more "traction" on a hot day or when just oily or sweaty.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Decal grips-$8.00-imporves the feel of the grip.
Night sights $50.00-100.00 pick whichever you want.

Don't worry about mag wells, guide rods, laser sights, etc. In fact you may want to go bakc to a 5.5 lb trigger, which is stock for that weapon.

Spend the money on ammo instead, and practice, practice, practice.

Last thing you want in a defensive shooting is something that can be charaterized as a hair triggered, laser guided, minnion of death.

I hate the slip on grips, decal grips are easier to apply, and are paper thin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the slpip on grips , have them on all my Glocks no problems. And the first thing I did was put the 3.5 Connector in all of them too.
"Hair Trigger" I think not try shooting my stock
Kimber, now thats a Hair Trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top