Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought they said orders would be shipped out in the order they were received? My order from April 4 2020 still has not shipped but posters are saying orders from April 10 2020 have shipped.

I hope they ship mine soon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Coyote, Maybe it color related, mine was FDE ordered on 4/3, shipped on 1/7.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is black and they just sent a shipping confirmation.
Ordered April 4 2020, shipped Jan 9 2021.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation for an order from 4/3. FDE frame, jig, wraith slide, RSA, and a mag. Since others' orders are shipping, I'm assuming it's not the frame/ jig holding things up, but one of the other items.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered 4/11, shipped 1/11.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Any new shipping updates?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My order from 4/3 just shipped today
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Waited 9 months to get one with a bad locking block/front rail. It isn't even close to being level.
I like the frame, and after I cool off so I am not so nasty about it, I am going to try and get a replacement.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Their newest update(sorry if it was already posted, skimmed quickly):

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Got mine after forever, and I haven’t drilled the frame yet, but the front locking block goes in canted already.  Seriously, WTF.

Same for my buddy, who ordered and received it at the same time.   He drilled his last night only to discover the rails are wrong.  April 2020 order time and Jan 2021 receipt.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got mine after forever, and I haven’t drilled the frame yet, but the front locking block goes in canted already.  Seriously, WTF.

Same for my buddy, who ordered and received it at the same time.   He drilled his last night only to discover the rails are wrong.  April 2020 order time and Jan 2021 receipt.
View Quote

This shouldn’t even be necessary but...

Link to instructions for possible fix
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This shouldn’t even be necessary but...

Link to instructions for possible fix
View Quote

Thanks. I also contacted 80%, so hoping to see their response before I take it upon myself to fix.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the same issue, I sanded mine down but I'm not happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

My rails are trash, and render the frame useless. Wait months for it, and what a let down.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My rails are trash, and render the frame useless. Wait months for it, and what a let down.
View Quote

Did they give you replacement rails?  From what I can see, either the frame’s channel is cut/formed wrong, or the rails are not right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The rails slid in like they are supposed to, lined up ok, but are cocked upward in the front. The rear rails are pretty thin, kind of cheap feeling compared to P80 rear rails. I have built four P80, and helped with another 10 or so, and had zero problems with any of them. Used a hand drill and utility knife on all of them, hand files to finish. Hell I built a gen 1 P80, and it went together great too.
Wait patiently for 9 months, and get a piece of crap. I need to hold off for a bit before I contact them to resolve the rail issue.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The rails slid in like they are supposed to, lined up ok, but are cocked upward in the front. The rear rails are pretty thin, kind of cheap feeling compared to P80 rear rails. I have built four P80, and helped with another 10 or so, and had zero problems with any of them. Used a hand drill and utility knife on all of them, hand files to finish. Hell I built a gen 1 P80, and it went together great too.
Wait patiently for 9 months, and get a piece of crap. I need to hold off for a bit before I contact them to resolve the rail issue.
View Quote

Like you, I’ve built a number of P80s and had great results.  The rails slide in on mine (still virgin frame as of now) and were cocked upward too.  

Today, 80 Percent contacted me to say they were shipping a replacement front rail/locking block.  I hope this fits right.  I am loathe to do anything to the frame if it will not be a viable host for a slide and parts kit.  This was not what we all waited months and months for!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Update:  I built mine and it works.

Front rail is not canted as aggressively as my friend’s, but there is some cant to it still.  80 Percent sent me a new rail, which I will inspect and put into the frame once it arrives.  

Took the gun to the range twice and it works without any issues.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#19]
For those of you who had problems with the front rails, was it higher in the front like this? Mine goes down just a little more when I press it in to line up the holes, but nowhere near enough to fit a slide on it. Like others, I've done multiple Polymer80s without issue and this seemed to be going great until time to put it together.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For those of you who had problems with the front rails, was it higher in the front like this? Mine goes down just a little more when I press it in to line up the holes, but nowhere near enough to fit a slide on it. Like others, I've done multiple Polymer80s without issue and this seemed to be going great until time to put it together.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/gst9-1-1818029.jpg
View Quote

Yep. They turned off reviews for it on their website. Mine is like yours. Their rails are not good.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like you, I've built a number of P80s and had great results.  The rails slide in on mine (still virgin frame as of now) and were cocked upward too.  

Today, 80 Percent contacted me to say they were shipping a replacement front rail/locking block.  I hope this fits right.  I am loathe to do anything to the frame if it will not be a viable host for a slide and parts kit.  This was not what we all waited months and months for!
View Quote
How did you contact them - form on the web site? I did that, got an acknowledgement that they received my message but no response yet.

Quoted:

Yep. They turned off reviews for it on their website. Mine is like yours. Their rails are not good.
View Quote
I don't remember seeing reviews as I don't think I went to the product page after I ordered in Feb 2020, well before they started shipping. Were they getting hammered pretty bad?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I sent a note through their website and they contacted me and they are sending replacement rails.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I sent a note through their website and they contacted me and they are sending replacement rails.
View Quote
How long did it take them to get back with you?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How long did it take them to get back with you?
View Quote

A few days.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How did you contact them - form on the web site? I did that, got an acknowledgement that they received my message but no response yet.
View Quote

I sent them an email and referenced my GST-9 order number.  It took a couple of days for a response.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't remember seeing reviews as I don't think I went to the product page after I ordered in Feb 2020, well before they started shipping. Were they getting hammered pretty bad?
View Quote

The reviews used to scroll across the bottom of the page where it says reviews. I was pissed when I found out the rails were shit, and when I got the email to rate them, I fired off an angry 2 star review. I went there to see if they would post it, and discovered the reviews were gone.
Send out the delay excuses, "we want everything right" and send out crap. I understand it being a new product, but don't let marketing write a check that manufacturing and QC cannot cash.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is how mine looks. Still some cant to the rail but not enough to bind the slide. I do hope the new rail doesn't do this.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I got this email today.

Hello Lorazepam,
Thank you for reaching out to us, we sincerely apologize for the delay.

I am deeply sorry to hear that the front rail is having those issues you stated. This is a very rare occurrence and completely out of the norm.

I will be happy to send out a new front rail to you.

When this order ships, you will receive an email update with a link to track your order.

Thank you for your patience and again, I am deeply sorry for the items missing from your order.  Please let us know if you need anything else.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got this email today.

Hello Lorazepam,

I am deeply sorry to hear that the front rail is having those issues you stated. This is a very rare occurrence and completely out of the norm.

When this order ships, you will receive an email update with a link to track your order.

Thank you for your patience and again, I am deeply sorry for the items missing from your order.  Please let us know if you need anything else.
View Quote
'Very unusual' here also, but they want pictures of left, right, and interior, plus they want to know if the slide racks normally and the trigger resets.

Since I can't get the slide on more than halfway, I'm gonna go with 'no' for that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I was going to write back and ask why they turned off reviews.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I received the new rail yesterday and put it in.  It is slightly less angled.  The first rail had significant wear after about 4 magazines were run through the gun.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
'Very unusual' here also, but they want pictures of left, right, and interior, plus they want to know if the slide racks normally and the trigger resets.

Since I can't get the slide on more than halfway, I'm gonna go with 'no' for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got this email today.

Hello Lorazepam,

They got back with me yesterday after I sent in pictures and are sending a new front rail.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I am not familiar with glocks or really taking apart handguns to be honest.  This front rail issue is a concern.  How many here got a front rail that fit perfect out of the box?  On a second note, any comparison pictures from a fubar rail to a perfect rail side be side?  I won’t have anything to compare it with, if I ever get it (fingers crossed).

July order here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#34]
If your front rail looks like this:

And you want it to look like this:

First, wait for the new front rail section from 80% Arms. If it still has a slope to it after you replace it- here is the "fix", if you want to tackle this on your own. Modify your frames at your own risk. I don't know if 80% Arms will warranty/replace any frames [or front rail modules] that you modify beyond the 80 to 100% completion process. This post is my opinion based on some experience with these frames. I'm in no way implying that 80% Arms won't back up their product and you will have to do this mod work.  Give them a chance to replace your rail and or frame BEFORE you attempt any mod work.

It probably has nothing to do with pin-hole placement, or the holes in the rail section. If you didn't screw up the drilling process entirely, there is most likely nothing wrong with your pin holes.

The radius area in the frame need to be relieved a bit at the rear radius of the rail seat, to allow clearance for the radius on the inside rear part of the rail. (See the air gap near the FRONT inside radius?)

Just take a utility knife and trim it to take the corner off. Go as low as you can down into the frame around the radius.
It will take several small cuts around the radius. *Use a new blade in your knife.....!!!*

If this does not take care of the slope in the rail entirely, take a bit of material off the bottom of the front legs of the rail. The rail is pretty hard. I used a horizontal belt sander/surfacer instead of a hand file. A dremel with a carbide burr might work, too.

If this does not take care of it, you can remove a bit of material from the front of the rail section.
See how it's humped out a bit near the pointer.
(factory rail on the left, modified rail on the right)

Or- remove a bit of material from the inside of the frame where the front of the rail contacts it.

As with all gunsmithing- TAKE NIBBLES NOT BITES.
Yes- the pins hold the front rail section in, regardless of how tight the rail fits into the frame. But the tighter the rail fits in the frame- the better.
Again- modify at your own risk. I'm just a hack trying help a few folks out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If your front rail looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/blzemgGl.jpg

And you want it to look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/yzp015nl.jpg

First, wait for the new front rail section from 80% Arms. If it still has a slope to it after you replace it- here is the "fix", if you want to tackle this on your own. Modify your frames at your own risk. I don't know if 80% Arms will warranty/replace any frames that you modify beyond the 80 to 100% completion process. [or front rails] This post is my opinion based on some experience with these frames. I'm in no way implying that 80% Arms won't back up their product and you will have to do this mod work.  Give them a chance to replace your rail and or frame BEFORE you attempt any mod work.

It probably has nothing to do with pin-hole placement, or the holes in the rail section. If you didn't screw up the drilling process entirely, there is most likely nothing wrong with your pin holes.

The radius area in the frame need to be relieved a bit at the rear radius of the rail seat, to allow clearance for the radius on the inside rear part of the rail. (See the air gap near the FRONT inside radius?)

https://i.imgur.com/BPGjdc1l.jpg

Just take a utility knife and trim it to take the corner off. Go as low as you can down into the frame around the radius.
It will take several small cuts around the radius. *Use a new blade in your knife.....!!!*

https://i.imgur.com/f0ynP34l.jpg

If this does not take care of the slope in the rail entirely, take a bit of material off the bottom of the front legs of the rail. The rail is pretty hard. I used a horizontal belt sander/surfacer instead of a hand file. A dremel with a carbide burr might work, too.

https://i.imgur.com/5miGupjl.jpg

If this does not take care of it, you can remove a bit of material from the front of the rail section.
See how it's humped out a bit near the pointer.
(factory rail on the left, modified rail on the right)

https://i.imgur.com/nSfEdFTl.jpg

Or- remove a bit of material from the inside of the frame where the front of the rail contacts it.

https://i.imgur.com/nshe10Ll.jpg

As with all gunsmithing- TAKE NIBBLES NOT BITES.
Yes- the pins hold the front rail section in, regardless of how tight the rail fits into the frame. But the tighter the rails fits in the frame- the better.
Again- modify at your own risk. I'm just a hack trying help a few folks out.
View Quote

Awesome post - thanks for the effort in putting it together. Hopefully I won't need it but I'm saving it for future reference.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#36]
So, has anyone got one that is functional?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine is canted and it works.  I haven't had any function problems.  
 It all went together pretty fast, per the instructions. I used a dremel and utility knife.
  The tops of the forward rail show wear.  The slide looks fine.
  I don't remember the brand of slide and barrel, it was the cheapest one I could find, no markings, forward serations.i know I paid less than 200 for it.
 I have around 400 rounds through it from Wolf to Hornady critical duty.  
  I tried factory slides too and an Advantage Arms 22lr kit.  Everything worked.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Is there any discount coupons?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is there any discount coupons?
View Quote

They are working on orders from 7 months ago, so no.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I have two.  No issues with either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear.  Mind sharing your builds?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Here’s mine before the boating accident.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Not that mine's finished at this point as I'm still waiting on the replacement from rail, but what slide lock levers are you guys using in the GST-9 frame? I vaguely remember someone mentioning the difference either here or elsewhere, but it seems at least from my experience that the OEM Glock part is pretty much unusable in this frame. I tried using one originally and could barely get any grip on it. I ended up buying this extended part from eBay and it seems to fit better, protruding more like an OEM part in a Glock frame.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232529666028]

(No relationship to the seller, just one I found when searching on eBay.)
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#44]
You would think with the rail problem being so rare, they could ship one out the same day.

I am losing patience with these yahoos, and won't be buying any of their products in the future.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You would think with the rail problem being so rare, they could ship one out the same day.

I am losing patience with these yahoos, and won't be buying any of their products in the future.
View Quote

Order placed and card charged 5/16/2020 for the $80 "preorder" gst9s. As of today they still haven't delivered. Emailed and told them to cancel my order and refund the money today, Im done waiting. Moving on to something else.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They got back with me yesterday after I sent in pictures and are sending a new front rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got this email today.

Hello Lorazepam,

My replacement rail arrived today and everything now fits together as it should. Snap caps cycle perfectly, and hopefully live ammo will do the same when I get a chance to go to the range.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Got my new rail in today, and it actually works. Now I just need to find a parts kit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I shot mine yesterday for the first time. This is my first build so I'm a noob at this. I had multiple feeding issues with the round not seating correctly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I shot mine yesterday for the first time. This is my first build so I'm a noob at this. I had multiple feeding issues with the round not seating correctly.
View Quote
1) Chamber clean? Not just 'looks clean'. Clean it!
2) Try different ammo
3) Try a different magazine
4) Take out the barrel. Drop in a live round. It should drop in and drop out.

"Round not seating correctly" - do you mean slide not going into full battery?
Does the recoil spring make 'noise' when you rack the slide like the spring is catching on something?
If so, check to make sure the slide lock spring is not sticking up and contacting the spring.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Mine was ordered on 09/01/2020 and just came today.  Hopefully my frame rails are good.  So far I am impressed with the feel of the frame and especially the jig.  It is much tougher feeling plastic than the Poly 80 jigs.

Hopefully the LPK I ordered won't take so long to get here!

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top