Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
A few days ago they released a solid brass competition grip module/mag well.  Available in shot-peened, tumbled, or polished.

Brass Grip module/Magwell

And within a few weeks they plan to release the CAD file of the grip module dovetail so folks can custom make their own.
Neat.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few days ago they released a solid brass competition grip module/mag well.  Available in shot-peened, tumbled, or polished.

And within a few weeks they plan to release the CAD file of the grip module dovetail so folks can custom make their own.
Neat.

https://i.imgur.com/geLikrJh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I3ue9lfh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rA8oByWh.jpg
View Quote
Wow!  Looks awesome.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if I love or hate it...

Quoted:

Neat.

https://i.imgur.com/geLikrJh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I3ue9lfh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rA8oByWh.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know if I love or hate it...

View Quote
Brass is a bit eccentric for my taste. Maybe an anodized aluminum option would've been better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brass is a bit eccentric for my taste. Maybe an anodized aluminum option would've been better.
View Quote

Brass is commonly used for competition gun parts like grip plugs, magwells and extensions due to their increased weight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
As seen in the GD thread, they now have OD green on pre-sale.

https://www.80percentarms.com/products/gst-9-pistol-frame-od-green-pre-sale/
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's see the locking block and rear rails please!
View Quote
@Wangstang

I put a couple hundred rounds through it yesterday and disassembled it for inspection. Here are some close-ups of the rear rail section you requested.

ETA: Forgot to take and post the locking block pics!

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know where they are on the preorders?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I will probably get one of these soon but I want to see more pics!!!

To those that have GST-9 and the P80, how do the polymer material compare?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will probably get one of these soon but I want to see more pics!!!

To those that have GST-9 and the P80, how do the polymer material compare?
View Quote
I'll post some close up pics this weekend.
The material of the GST-9 seems to be just a bit softer than the P80. I just did a PF940V2 frame this morning and there is just a slightly noticeable difference, but not much.
I don't know that harder means better. Harder can mean it's more brittle, might be more prone to cracking. But I've yet to hear of a P80 frame cracking or failing.
Time and more rounds fired will tell the story.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
@Yojimbo

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I got my "don't expect this any time soon e-mail" today

Kicking the can down the road e-mail?

Dear Valued Customers,
We are excited to announce that we are continuing to ship GST-9 products this week after working through some supplier issues related to COVID-19. We wanted to provide everyone with more clarity on when they can expect their orders.
We are anticipating the rate of fulfillment increasing dramatically, and all 2020 Preorders will be shipped by the end of July.
While we were excited to have started shipping in Spring 2020 despite the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions, COVID-19 has impacted some of our suppliers harder than they or we anticipated. While we have backup suppliers, even they were affected by extreme demand and shutdowns in recent weeks. We are seeing the gears turn now and believe the major delay issues have been resolved. We cannot express enough our appreciation to our customers who have been so patient during this process.
Thank you,
The 80% Arms Team
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, I got my "don't expect this any time soon e-mail" today

Kicking the can down the road e-mail?

View Quote

I have yet to receive one update from them but I saw the clusterfuck on their fakebook page. I'm not holding my breath for a july fulfillment either. If I hadn't bought a slide, barrel and everything else to complete it I would just cancel the order.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#14]
@Wangstang

Locking block pics:

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Sneak peak:
FDE build coming up next week when all the parts come in.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to know the FDE frames are shipping.  I can't wait to see how your build turns out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
@GrandmasterB

Parts List:
Spinta Precision SP10 Glock 19 Gen 3 Slide (Diamond Like Coating "DLC")
Used Glock 19 OEM Threaded Barrel
Aim Surplus Slide Parts Kit
Strike Industries Polyflex Rear Cover Plate
Spina Fiber Optic Sights
Glock OEM frame parts kit

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice!  I like it!  Looks great.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else get their frame and do a build?  I have a completed upper ready to go and full set of lower parts (sourced pre-pandemic) that I’m waiting to put on my FDE frame whenever it arrives.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or I won't waste any time with this nonsense and buy a product that doesn't require additional stuff right out of the box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

That’s a very easy problem to solve.

https://talongungrips.com/other-grips/diy-material/

Or I won't waste any time with this nonsense and buy a product that doesn't require additional stuff right out of the box.

It’s an 80%... Hate to break it to you, the product needs a lot of additional stuff to work!
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow they're really screwing this up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By alpharomeofifteen:

And if anyone is wondering, a G26 mag will not seat in the absence of a grip module.

Wow they're really screwing this up.

Yah. That was a failboat. I automatically thought, cool 26/19/17 lower all in one! Sad to hear the 26 mags doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yah. That was a failboat. I automatically thought, cool 26/19/17 lower all in one! Sad to hear the 26 mags doesn’t work.
View Quote

They never made the claim that a 26 mag would work. Why would you "automatically thought" it would.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They never made the claim that a 26 mag would work. Why would you "automatically thought" it would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you look at the damn thing all cute and short sitting next to two extensions. It looks like it would take a G26 mag.

Has anyone measured to see if the grip is any narrower front to back than the P80? OP, do you have some calipers for me?

And what the angle difference is between the P80 and the GST?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:43:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When you look at the damn thing all cute and short sitting next to two extensions. It looks like it would take a G26 mag.

Has anyone measured to see if the grip is any narrower front to back than the P80? OP, do you have some calipers for me?

And what the angle difference is between the P80 and the GST?
View Quote
@CLICKBANGBANG

PF940V2 and GST-9 are both just over 2" from front strap to back strap.

PF940V2 grip is 1.160" wide.
GST-9 grip is 1.250" wide at the modular grip extension and about 1.350" near the top of the grip on the texturing.

Grip angle comparison pics:

GST-9 vs 1911 grip angle front strap view

GST-9 vs 1911 grip angle back strap view

PF940V2 vs 1911 grip angle front strap view

PF940V2 vs 1911 grip angle back strap view

PF940V2 vs GST-9 grip angle front strap view

PF940V2 vs GST-9 grip angle back strap view

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody else get their frame and do a build?  I have a completed upper ready to go and full set of lower parts (sourced pre-pandemic) that I’m waiting to put on my FDE frame whenever it arrives.
View Quote

Last update after the 1st batch of FDE frames went out they said they sould be shipping out pre orders in july. Latest update now is they are now "trying to source parts to full fill the pre orders. I wouldn't expect any more frames for quite a while. Typical cluster fuck. I too have everything I need to complete it. If I hadn't bought the slide and other parts I would cancel and wash my hands of it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Last update after the 1st batch of FDE frames went out they said they sould be shipping out pre orders in july. Latest update now is they are now "trying to source parts to full fill the pre orders. I wouldn't expect any more frames for quite a while. Typical cluster fuck. I too have everything I need to complete it. If I hadn't bought the slide and other parts I would cancel and wash my hands of it.
View Quote

Well, if you get impatient you can always just cancel the order and just track down a polymer 80. What's the difference in price? $40 or so? If the one I ordered isn't delivered by the end of the month, as expected, that is my plan. I, personally, am not waiting any longer than that.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, if you get impatient you can always just cancel the order and just track down a polymer 80. What's the difference in price? $40 or so? If the one I ordered isn't delivered by the end of the month, as expected, that is my plan. I, personally, am not waiting any longer than that.

Good luck.
View Quote

I already have a bunch of the polymer 80s and don't want another one. I also don't want to get bent over trying to unload the parts I have so I am kinda stuck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Latest update now is they are now "trying to source parts to full fill the pre orders...
View Quote

Was this posted somewhere or did you get an email from them?  I haven't received anything like this.  Sounds like a mess.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@CLICKBANGBANG

PF940V2 and GST-9 are both just over 2" from front strap to back strap.

PF940V2 grip is 1.160" wide.
GST-9 grip is 1.250" wide at the modular grip extension and about 1.350" near the top of the grip on the texturing.

Grip angle comparison pics:

GST-9 vs 1911 grip angle front strap view
https://i.imgur.com/ytqi3oUh.jpg

GST-9 vs 1911 grip angle back strap view
https://i.imgur.com/FNbC8k4h.jpg

PF940V2 vs 1911 grip angle front strap view
https://i.imgur.com/LSj5GQfh.jpg

PF940V2 vs 1911 grip angle back strap view
https://i.imgur.com/g8ZOlKYh.jpg

PF940V2 vs GST-9 grip angle front strap view
https://i.imgur.com/qKjigYvh.jpg

PF940V2 vs GST-9 grip angle back strap view
https://i.imgur.com/n6i31Ddh.jpg

View Quote

Very informative pics!  Thanks for posting!

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Was this posted somewhere or did you get an email from them?  I haven't received anything like this.  Sounds like a mess.  
View Quote

It was a post from one of their employees on their facebook page. I have never received any email updates while others have. One guy said he tried to cancel they won't cancel or give refunds since it was a pre order. It is turning into a shit show. Im sure my CC company will take care of it if I want to cancel but it's another headache.

"We keep lines of communication very open, I am not sure why you feel we are not being honest and open. So, I am going to copy and paste a response I posted on the /r/polymer80 subreddit, and hopefully it can help put things in context for you:
Apple, a multibillion dollar organization, is delaying the iPhone 12 by months because COVID is hurting their supply chain too badly.
We are a much smaller company in the middle of the biggest buying craze in history for our industry, while being located geographically in a very hard hit area both from the virus, and the shutdowns. We still managed to start shipping during Spring 2020 as promised, but our capacity is severely limited from key vendors.
We have had vendors be put into shutdown from local ordinances, as well as one vendor who had to shut down because staff members caught the Virus. Is there only one company that can make pins to spec, or NiB coat rails, etc etc? No. But, every-time you switch anything, you have to go back through a testing process, and then QC larger shipments and make sure large quantities are still to spec, etc etc. It all takes time. And FWIW, we did have backup vendors for key parts, but they were affected as well.
We currently have one of our engineers flying around the country to do everything we can to overcome supply chain issues. But we would rather ship slowly (and risk lots of people canceling), than get an inferior product out.
We have had a great reputation in this industry for a long time. We aren't going to tarnish it by putting out a lower quality product just to satisfy backlog. That being said, we hate that the lead time is so long, and we really want to get this product to you guys! We just ask for 1% of understanding during a global pandemic that has taken a lot of American lives and is delaying some of the biggest corporations on earth, they we are doing everything we can, but sometimes a situation is just unfortunate timing."
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
So how is everyone's GST-9 frames working so far?  Any issues to report?  How are they working in Glock holsters?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Nobody has gotten any... Its a cluster@#% and the company is doing a good job of turning a lot of customers off with the never ending excuses. I bought back in FEB/MAR and have no clue when I will seen mine. They should stop taking pre-orders and focus on getting their current orders filled, but instead they just keep increasing the backlog.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep, pre ordered in November.  I emailed them a week ago, zero communications from them.  Lame.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I was planning on getting on of these but looks like that won’t be happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck these guys, I don't care how cool their product is.  I ordered based on YouTube videos not knowing about their backlog, now based on my order # I'm seeing a year+ before delivery.. yet they charged my card the same day I ordered.  FUCK all that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I was hoping to get mine this month. Based on what I’m reading though, if preorders from 2019 haven’t shipped, I’m in for a much longer wait.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck these guys, I don't care how cool their product is.  I ordered based on YouTube videos not knowing about their backlog, now based on my order # I'm seeing a year+ before delivery.. yet they charged my card the same day I ordered.  FUCK all that.
View Quote

They made sure the youtube guys got theirs to pimp their frames....that they can't supply.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#38]
It seems shady to take people's money and then expect them to wait indefinitely with vague emails.

I'm about to cancel, I don't feel like waiting for something I have no clue when it might arrive. If I would have known this would be the case, I would not have ordered back in Feb.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, you got a vague email?  I've been sitting on my front stoop sweating in my rented tux with a wilted $75 corsage, waiting for that prom date that I knew was too good to be true since November; a vague email...to be so lucky....
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I pre-order one also. Wound up canceling and getting a poly80 hybrid frame.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I think everyone who pre-ordered before me and hasn't received their 80% frame should cancel their orders.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think everyone who pre-ordered before me and hasn't received their 80% frame should cancel their orders.

View Quote

I concur, If I had pre ordered before the end of December last year.  Then I would definitely cancel my order. I strongly suggest all that pre ordered should go ahead and cancel their order.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I pre-order one also. Wound up canceling and getting a poly80 hybrid frame.
View Quote

P80s oos or id build one for funsies so the slide I ordered has a home for a bit
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I have no stake in this at all, not even as a customer (yet).

I think all of you people that are bitching and whining about it taking so long and threatening to cancel should take a deep breath and think for a minute.  These guys aren't MAgpul, or even P80, they are obviously MUCH smaller.  You guys are all about making fun of Karens when you see the latest self-entitled individual making a spectacle out of themselves on video, but you are behaving the exact same way.  This "I was charged, so I want my shit now!!!" has to stop.  Nobody is trying to defraud you, it's just shitty circumstances.  If we truly stood up to the standards of conduct that we espouse, we would be doing everything in our power to SUPPORT any company like this as much as we can.  Don't cancel your order, order more.  Give the company the funds required to operate and produce their product.  Don't cancel orders and force them to deal with chargebacks and the other hoops the credit card companies will impose upon them if they get too many negative events.  Taking your money away from them can only hinder their ability to business all together.  Climbing up on your moral high horse and complaining loudly about unavoidable delays only makes YOU a Karen.  If you are so broke that you can't survive without that $100 refund, you shouldn't be buying guns and you shouldn't penalize these guys for your own poor decision making.  And seriously, there is no legitimate circumstance where you simply cannot wait until these guys get their supply chain straightened out to get your parts.  

We gun owners are our own worst enemy, we will totally eat our own with no sense of guilt or regret over the smallest slight, real or imagined.  Look at the left for a moment, all of the disparate groups that are seemingly cooperating with each other, against US.  If we could stop arguing amongst ourselves for just a minute, we would be unstoppable, but no its always conflict between us.  Always decrying the ATF but being the first in line to turn someone in for something stupid they posted on social media.  Advocating total boycots for any company that has one employee not 100% in lockstep.  THAT is our weakness.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#45]
So send them some of your money Barrysuperhawk.  The pre-order first said March, then early Spring, then May, then nothing at all.  I waited till June to send an email asking for an update, then another in July.  Neither warranted a reply I guess.  If they would have said, "next year" I would be fine, but they didn't.  Their lack of communication is lame, make all the excuses you want.  Go ahead and send them some of YOUR money Barry, or are you going to wait until they get their shit together?  I've blown more in a night of stupid drinking with nothing to show for it so I'll live.  I'm not cancelling the order, but their lack of communication is lame, and since they are at least behind as far as 9 months, they shouldn't be taking more orders.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So send them some of your money Barrysuperhawk.  The pre-order first said March, then early Spring, then May, then nothing at all.  I waited till June to send an email asking for an update, then another in July.  Neither warranted a reply I guess.  If they would have said, "next year" I would be fine, but they didn't.  Their lack of communication is lame, make all the excuses you want.  Go ahead and send them some of YOUR money Barry, or are you going to wait until they get their shit together?  I've blown more in a night of stupid drinking with nothing to show for it so I'll live.  I'm not cancelling the order, but their lack of communication is lame, and since they are at least behind as far as 9 months, they shouldn't be taking more orders.
View Quote

Calling REASONS excuses is a lame tactic.  I'm not defending their lack of communication, but I could certainly understand it if they were putting their effort toward getting their shit togeather instead of answering email.  Again, think about what they are, a small company trying to provide gun stuff for US...  Good lord I have waited weeks for a reply from multi-billion dollar national companies, and been disappointed when I have gotten a reply that was just keyword generated boilerplate.  

Like it or not, this COVID crap has totally fucked alot of supply lines, most of them in fact.   Toilet paper shortage anyone?  And something as insignificant as one supplier getting quarran-closed can utterly halt production.  

So yes, I will be ordering from them, probably later in the week, as soon as I make up my mind what I want - that OD one...mmmm I want - unless it turns out looking like Glock's version of OD (not OD).  My delay has nothing to do with confidence in the company, or whether I think I will get my stuff...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Lack of communication is my issue.  Covid schmovid, they originally said March delivery.  Nothing was shut down then.  So something was already wrong if they were predicting delivery of all the orders racked up since October.

Those green lowers are $99 right now.

"Pre-Order Sale

Orders ship Summer 2020. Early bird orders ship first!"    

Summer 2020 started over a month ago...Yeah, communication is my beef.  I hope I get what I ordered at some point.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think all of you people that are bitching and whining about it taking so long and threatening to cancel should take a deep breath and think for a minute.  These guys aren't MAgpul, or even P80, they are obviously MUCH smaller.  You guys are all about making fun of Karens when you see the latest self-entitled individual making a spectacle out of themselves on video, but you are behaving the exact same way.  This "I was charged, so I want my shit now!!!" has to stop.  Nobody is trying to defraud you, it's just shitty circumstances.  If we truly stood up to the standards of conduct that we espouse, we would be doing everything in our power to SUPPORT any company like this as much as we can.  Don't cancel your order, order more.  Give the company the funds required to operate and produce their product.  Don't cancel orders and force them to deal with chargebacks and the other hoops the credit card companies will impose upon them if they get too many negative events.  Taking your money away from them can only hinder their ability to business all together.  Climbing up on your moral high horse and complaining loudly about unavoidable delays only makes YOU a Karen.  If you are so broke that you can't survive without that $100 refund, you shouldn't be buying guns and you shouldn't penalize these guys for your own poor decision making.  And seriously, there is no legitimate circumstance where you simply cannot wait until these guys get their supply chain straightened out to get your parts.  

We gun owners are our own worst enemy, we will totally eat our own with no sense of guilt or regret over the smallest slight, real or imagined.  Look at the left for a moment, all of the disparate groups that are seemingly cooperating with each other, against US.  If we could stop arguing amongst ourselves for just a minute, we would be unstoppable, but no its always conflict between us.  Always decrying the ATF but being the first in line to turn someone in for something stupid they posted on social media.  Advocating total boycots for any company that has one employee not 100% in lockstep.  THAT is our weakness.
View Quote

Your pontificating as someone that hasn't made a purchase to those that have is amusing to be sure. How/why/if we will continue to wait or cancel an order is just a reflection of our own tolerance for waiting and other competing parts being available. Discussing it here in a forum is just normal and usual. Your attempt to create some guilt trip is just silly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Your pontificating as someone that hasn't made a purchase to those that have is amusing to be sure. How/why/if we will continue to wait or cancel an order is just a reflection of our own tolerance for waiting and other competing parts being available. Discussing it here in a forum is just normal and usual. Your attempt to create some guilt trip is just silly.
View Quote

How can I tell you utterly missed my point?  That it flew so far over your head that you didn't even hear it when it passed?  
I said what I said as a completely disinterested party, the fact that I had not ordered anything means I had no agenda.  If I do like the other poster wished and put my $$ where my mouth is, then I WANT all of the Whiny Karens to cancel their orders so I move up the list and get *MY* stuff sooner...  but that is counterproductive.  
Lord of War - Nicolas Cage's Speech Intro and Outro
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

FRAT

Maybe people might have more patience if the company would stop spamming out emails to purchase products that they don’t have in stock.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top