Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/26/2019 1:23:27 PM EDT
Looks promising.

80% Arms GST-9

I assume they took the time to work the bugs out- hopefully a "Gen 2" doesn't follow 6 months later, fixing all the design/engineering flaws.

...itchy finger wants to click the pre-order button.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]
.....clicked it
Early bird orders get 30% off and a free full size grip module.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I got excited......and then I ordered another P80.  Great to see another player in the market but I'm gonna go with the  one I can order and have next week vs an undetermined timeline.  Seen too many manufacturing timelines get pushed to the right.  Waiting on one item that was crowdfunded going on 2yrs
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks interesting. Hope they are successful and they can stay on their production timeline.  Always good to have choices.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I will wait until they are put a whole and see how they do.

No more beta testing for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't mind the wait. I have several other 'winter builds' to complete anyway.
It will give me time to research/purchase parts.
I've done several Polymer80 builds and every one of them had bugs (either cycling or feeding issues).
Problems were either self-inflicted or break-in related. They run smooth now.

A few pics of the GST-9 and jig. I'm really digging the look:

Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#6]
That is something I wouldnt mind having but I am not gotta be a beta tester :)
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is something I wouldnt mind having but I am not gotta be a beta tester :)
View Quote
Somebody's gotta be first
I assume they have learned from the shortcomings of the early Polymer80 frames. Everything I've ever gotten from 80% Arms has been top notch and they had great customer service whenever I needed it.
We'll see!
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
After the SS80 fiasco I'll pass on "pre-orders"
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks nice

Saw this gem, gotta love the ATF and changing "rules" on the fly

Due to recently changed ATF regulations, we cannot legally include the jig or frame rails with the GST-9 frame. The jig and GST-9 frame must be purchased on our website as two separate items.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks nice

Saw this gem, gotta love the ATF and changing "rules" on the fly

Due to recently changed ATF regulations, we cannot legally include the jig or frame rails with the GST-9 frame. The jig and GST-9 frame must be purchased on our website as two separate items.
View Quote
Horseshit, Poly80 still sells the jig, frame and rails in one unit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I kind of like it. I like the idea that this frame is compatable with Glock holsters, and I like the ability to extend the grip length. I assume I could build this as a 23 with a 22 grip length, or a 19/17? I am thinking about putting one on order.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Horseshit, Poly80 still sells the jig, frame and rails in one unit.
View Quote
Looks like the tide is changing, though.

Glockstore SS80 ATF Determination Letter

Cliff Notes: Read 3rd and 4th paragraphs from the end, but the whole thing should be read to put it in context.

Both the SS80 and GST-9 are including the slide rails with the jig and not the frame, further sidestepping any misinterpretations over what is considered a firearm and what is not.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I will be a guinea pig for once.
Crossing my fingers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cliff Notes: Read 3rd and 4th paragraphs from the end, but the whole thing should be read to put it in context.

Both the SS80 and GST-9 are including the slide rails with the jig and not the frame, further sidestepping any misinterpretations over what is considered a firearm and what is not.
View Quote
Looks more like they submitted the frame only and not a full kit to tech branch.  The second paragraph clearly states that is what they did.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn you!!!!! I didn't need to see this. Fuck me, I clicked order.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
That looks sweet.  I hope it works well.  Did they patent their idea or is it licensed?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#17]
One thing that could make it even better is if it accepted a Glock 26 mag with no grip module on it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought, we shall see.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought, we shall see.
View Quote
Me too.
At $111.00 with jig, not a huge risk.

Being a beta tester for a  $600 untested complete pistol ....that would be risky.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I did the preorder thing when it first came out. Got the FDE version. Great discounted price. I've done several P80 builds and I do have a complete slide laying around so it's a no brainer. Plus, it'll be a nice surprise that I've forgotten about. Don't mind being a tester. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
show me one in a 26 and give me the ability to make a 26X and I'll bite
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I need another G19 like I need a knot on the head.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I pre ordered 2
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I decided to take the plunge. We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Interested if it has a true Glock grip angle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nah..  The tide is not changing.

The ATF simply pointed out that the entire kit of the SS80 was not submitted and that they could not review the "kit".

The issue with the "kit" vs "frame alone" is whether the rails will install into the frame.

In prior frame submissions, ATF used a factory glock rail to see if it would fit in the unfinished frame.  They are saying that they can't test the rails/block that are supplied with the kit so they can't provide a determination as to the full kit.

Putting a screwdriver next to a frame doesn't make the frame a firearm.  Nor would any other tool.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Strike Industries is coming out with an 80% glock lower.

Looks awesome
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nah..  The tide is not changing.

The ATF simply pointed out that the entire kit of the SS80 was not submitted and that they could not review the "kit".

The issue with the "kit" vs "frame alone" is whether the rails will install into the frame.

In prior frame submissions, ATF used a factory glock rail to see if it would fit in the unfinished frame.  They are saying that they can't test the rails/block that are supplied with the kit so they can't provide a determination as to the full kit.

Putting a screwdriver next to a frame doesn't make the frame a firearm.  Nor would any other tool.
View Quote
Understood...
But the way the text reads, ATF seems to suggest that if the rails were included with the unfinished frame at the time of purchase, then they could not say it would not be considered a firearm.
So one could conclude that including the rails with the unfinished frame might change the classification.
I'm assuming Glockstore separated the sale of the rails from the frame to avoid any legal ramifications or to avoid re-submitting another sample to the ATF including the rails, further extending the approval process.
Anybody else reading it like me or am I way off?

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Interested if it has a true Glock grip angle.
View Quote
Not interested if it has a true Glock grip angle.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
to avoid re-submitting another sample to the ATF including the rails, further extending the approval process.
Anybody else reading it like me or am I way off?

https://i.imgur.com/H4IXDPJh.jpg
View Quote
That's how I read it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looks more like they submitted the frame only and not a full kit to tech branch.  The second paragraph clearly states that is what they did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is what happened, and lenny mcgill made a video explaining it all. why he didn't send everything is beyond me, but it fucked CA out of having a G43 80% frame.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Bump.
Anybody heard when these might start shipping out?
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Never mind, this email just came through from 80% Arms a few minutes ago.

"An Update On Our GST-9
While COVID-19 (Coronavirus) may have caused delays in many industries, progress on the GST-9 has not halted. With few details left to be finalized, we are now in the last stage of the process before production! What does this mean for you?

-If you've already ordered, your frame is on track for a Spring 2020 delivery!

-If you haven't yet pre-ordered, time is running out to save 30% on the frame and jig. And, every frame is shipping free with an additional full-size grip for ALL pre-orders.

We've designed and created the most effective 80% pistol platform to hit the market. The GST-9 will revolutionize the way the industry looks at 80% Pistols. Don't get left behind."
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Never mind, this email just came through from 80% Arms a few minutes ago.

"An Update On Our GST-9
While COVID-19 (Coronavirus) may have caused delays in many industries, progress on the GST-9 has not halted. With few details left to be finalized, we are now in the last stage of the process before production! What does this mean for you?

-If you've already ordered, your frame is on track for a Spring 2020 delivery!

-If you haven't yet pre-ordered, time is running out to save 30% on the frame and jig. And, every frame is shipping free with an additional full-size grip for ALL pre-orders.

We've designed and created the most effective 80% pistol platform to hit the market. The GST-9 will revolutionize the way the industry looks at 80% Pistols. Don't get left behind."
View Quote
So sometime between Thursday and June 20th. Got it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I wish these would come out already.  With so many of us sitting around at home, it's a good time to get some builds done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#36]
'Got an email from 80% Arms. 'Looks like we won't be waiting too much longer.

Dear Valued Customers,
Spring has started, and that means that the GST-9 release is closing in. We're incredibly excited for this to hit the market, and we believe the GST-9 is really going to shake up the 80% Pistol market. We wanted to provide you with one last update because the next one you'll be getting is likely to be your shipping confirmation.

We are in production right now! The GST-9 frame has several components that are manufactured in different locations (all within the United States), as we chose the best of the best for each part. Because we planned far in advance, COVID-19 has only minimally impacted our release date. At this time, we are still looking at a mid-spring release. If anything changes with that, we will send out another update, but we don't expect any major delays.

A select few people received a pre-production model for Testing & Evaluation. (Note:  Pre-production frames in the photos do not have the texture and stippling that you'll get on your frames.) We asked for honest opinions, and we wanted to share the first review with you:

GunsAmerica: GST-9 Review

If you'd like to know more about some of the team members behind the GST-9, we have a short video for you:

About Us

Lastly, subscribe to our YouTube channel and keep your eyes open in the coming weeks for a more in-depth look at the GST-9, and what makes it so special.

Thank you for your pre-order, we look forward to putting the GST-9 in your hands soon!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#37]
The frame description says it can be built as a 19 and 17. With 3rd Gen parts the locking block is different between them but the jig kit only shows one locking block. I'm betting it means 19 or 17 length grip and mags.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The frame description says it can be built as a 19 and 17. With 3rd Gen parts the locking block is different between them but the jig kit only shows one locking block. I'm betting it means 19 or 17 length grip and mags.
View Quote

Yes. But also keep in mind that there are companies that make 19L slides and barrels, so those should work as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It does sound a little misleading in the way that they say "Modular frame gives you a 19, 19X, 19L, & 17 weapon system in a single 4-in-1 platform." You're still going to have a 19 length frame with a 17 slide hanging off the front end if you go that route, so you'll want to add the sleeve for the recoil spring or use something like a Brownells 19LS slide in that configuration. If they had engineered it with some kind of add on to the front of the frame, that would make it "The World’s First Truly Modular 80% Glock," as the Guns America review calls it.

I'm tempted to preorder, but my only misgiving about these frames (this one and the P80) is that I'd really like to see one that would accept the larger Gen 4/5 mag release. I know that the Glock patent still won't allow that (or at least I think so), but I prefer it over the Gen 3 release. Certainly not a show stopper. Aside from that, it looks like a really interesting design.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It does sound a little misleading in the way that they say "Modular frame gives you a 19, 19X, 19L, & 17 weapon system in a single 4-in-1 platform." You're still going to have a 19 length frame with a 17 slide hanging off the front end if you go that route, so you'll want to add the sleeve for the recoil spring or use something like a Brownells 19LS slide in that configuration. If they had engineered it with some kind of add on to the front of the frame, that would make it "The World's First Truly Modular 80% Glock," as the Guns America review calls it.

I'm tempted to preorder, but my only misgiving about these frames (this one and the P80) is that I'd really like to see one that would accept the larger Gen 4/5 mag release. I know that the Glock patent still won't allow that (or at least I think so), but I prefer it over the Gen 3 release. Certainly not a show stopper. Aside from that, it looks like a really interesting design.
View Quote
@3ACR_Scout folks have fit the gen4 release into P80 frames. You will have to transplant some material but you can do it. Not a big deal if you plan to stipple, if you don't plan to blending it in will take a lot more talent.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@3ACR_Scout folks have fit the gen4 release into P80 frames. You will have to transplant some material but you can do it. Not a big deal if you plan to stipple, if you don't plan to blending it in will take a lot more talent.
View Quote

Yeah, I saw someone here post photos of how they did it on a Glock Gen 3 frame a few years back, before P80 frames were a thing. Not really my preferred route, although I think I could manage it. I put the GST-9 in the category of something that I'd like to have and would enjoy building, but if I had to mess with something like the mag release in that manner, I'd be lazy and either just live with the Gen 3 release (I certainly have several of them already) or skip this product and get another Gen 5.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
One thing, what am I missing? Clearly, the grip issue between the 17 and the 19 is addressed with the grip extensions but what about the frame length? Isn't the 17 frame longer than the 19?

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One thing, what am I missing? Clearly, the grip issue between the 17 and the 19 is addressed with the grip extensions but what about the frame length? Isn't the 17 frame longer than the 19?

View Quote

It's short like a standard 19.  
If you want a 17, you'll need to use Brownells 19 LS slide and barrel or use lone wolf extension with a standard 17 slide and extended 19 barrel. I'm going the lone wolf route
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you want a 17, you'll need to use Brownells 19 LS slide and barrel or use lone wolf extension with a standard 17 slide and extended 19 barrel. I'm going the lone wolf route
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. I just went to Lone Wolf. I understand the idea.

So this idea or possibility isn't new to the world of Glocks or Polymer80s for that matter. 80% was just identifying available possibilities for their frame.

Sometimes, you don't know what you don't know until you know it.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#45]
'Got another teaser email from them last week-"almost ready to ship"
Anybody get a ship confirmation yet?
My shiny parts are ready for a frame.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Got the same teaser email.  I hope these ship soon and get good reviews. They definitely look promising.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Email from today says shipping in May.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Pre ordered . The g17 mags make this deal for me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Got an email stating the preproduction sale is ending tonight and first production run is being packaged for shipping.  Woot
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok, I understand that no adapter would yield G19 length mags. The next adapter would yield G17 length mags.

What the hell is the 2nd adapter for?

Am I wrong in the assumption that you can use the bare frame for G19 mags and actually need the small adapter for the 19's?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top