Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, just the all black set as I didn't want any distraction with fiber optic and the triangle for hunting. I'm happy with it
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Just assemble it properly and it’ll be good to go, OP.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The RMR on my 10mm has taken a lot of abuse and I’ve had zero issues.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The RMR on my 10mm has taken a lot of abuse and I’ve had zero issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/95957/7CAFBF8F-2436-456E-B096-CAE8BED634F2_jpeg-916411.JPG
View Quote
That’s Hot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m liking the CH Precision V3 adapter plate.  Just my luck, they’re out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m liking the CH Precision V3 adapter plate.  Just my luck, they’re out of stock.
View Quote
Same here, I will be buying one when they restock. I’ve got a 13.5x1lh g19 silencerco barrel on the way now and I don’t even own a Glock . I’m looking for a deal on a g5 g19 mos.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
It says backorder but mine shipped within two days.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They’re actually backordered now.  I emailed them asking for an ETA and was told they have a batch at the anodizer now and could possibly be back to them by the end of this coming week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They’re actually backordered now.  I emailed them asking for an ETA and was told they have a batch at the anodizer now and could possibly be back to them by the end of this coming week.
View Quote
Great news, I backordered one a week ago
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got mine and it was so tight I didn’t think the rmr was going on but I got it on and I have no doubt this is a better mount than the Glock mount.

It was well worth the $65.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
a  buddy and myself both ordered CHPWS V3 plates for DPPs last week. I couldn't get mine on due to a stripped DPP screw head (which is still bothering me) but my friend got his on. Torqued to CHPWS spec and went out to go shooting yesterday. Just inside of 200rds and his DPP flew off and hit him in the face. Both screw pillars had sheered off and we recovered one screw with the pillar attached. And you could see that the supplied screws are only long enough to grab inside the pillars, they don't go down into the plate itself. Whereas the factory DPP screws are longer and go into the MOS plate.

I haven't opened mine, but I dont think i will be.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
a  buddy and myself both ordered CHPWS V3 plates for DPPs last week. I couldn't get mine on due to a stripped DPP screw head (which is still bothering me) but my friend got his on. Torqued to CHPWS spec and went out to go shooting yesterday. Just inside of 200rds and his DPP flew off and hit him in the face. Both screw pillars had sheered off and we recovered one screw with the pillar attached. And you could see that the supplied screws are only long enough to grab inside the pillars, they don't go down into the plate itself. Whereas the factory DPP screws are longer and go into the MOS plate.

http://i.imgur.com/tubLDXq.jpg

View Quote
I threw out the CHPWS screws and used the Glock screws. They looked way too short.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/tubLDXq.jpg

View Quote
I ordered the CH v3 with rmr screws on the 20th, still backordered. So I need to use the screws that come with the Glock Mos and not the screws supplied with the V3?

ETA: nvm I see you’re talking about the delta points.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#14]
On my rmr I think the screws were almost too long. Shoulda checked it before I put it on but they seems to bottom out at the same time they tightened up. So I think as far as the rmr goes they are the perfect length.

Plus the rmr sits so tight in the mount that the screws aren’t holding all the weight of the sight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not just this quoted example, but in general, the screws seem to be the common failing point. More specifically the screw size and length.

THIS IS WHAT GOES WRONG; When you open your glock adapter RMR plate and go for the torx wrench and screws, the shorties obviously hold it down.
Now you've got these giant trijicon screws(6-32), and these longer screws that came out of the glock package (M3). Those M3's are the natural choice for the typical gun guy because the other screws are just massive.
So in they go...in spite of being too small, the M3 threads bite into the 6-32 female threads just fine. Now, they are going to strip with any firm torque, leaving the installer bitching about the screws that were to short.
Failing to strip, they are going to hold the sight on just long enough for it to bounce into your face while shooting, starting all those wonderful rumors about how MOS sucks.

Happiness is achieved by making sure your 6-32x38 screws go flush with the bottom of the mounting plate(not the M3's!!)

And every cracked MOS plate story I could find was people running long screws down thru and out the bottom of the plate, causing lifting (arching) and splitting.

My RMR on an OEM Glock plate has been happy for 900 rounds or so. I used filed down screws with blue loctite, dead smooth with the bottom of the plate. (test fit your screws to the plate and view this before mounting the plate.)

I ordered a CHPWS plate, I like the way it fills the gaps. when it comes in I'll be just as picky about the screws. Edited to add: The CHPWS plate sucks and uses #4 screws
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#16]
to clarify, the screws that come with the CHPWS v3 DPP plate are the ones that were used. They are about half the diameter of the factory DPP screws and even in length with the DPP. I could go find specific screws that work but at this point I'm out.
CHPWS wrote my friend back bragging about how they've got LE contracts and 100ks of rounds on this plate with no problem. They want to inspect the plate and then determine what to do. Furthering me not wanting anything to do with them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
They should have used steel and then they would be perfect.  Alloy was the wrong choice I don’t care what they say.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Well that is disheartening to see. My Holosun/rmr v3 plate shipped today
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Same here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here
Shame if they don’t address this issue. One look at the screws they provided made me second guess it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone tried the plate with a Holosun? I know they use the same mounting as the RMR, but if the RMR was really tight hopefully the Holosun will fit it. I have the Holosun that I’m tying out right now and wanted to know for sure if the plate would work with it. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
There was a rumor around the first of the year that someone else had a mos plate in the works.  I’ve been waiting for something to pop up since.  C&H really has a great design I just wish they would produce it out of steel.  I’d be willing to pay double if it was made of steel.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you listening @Primary Machine?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the plate with a Holosun? I know they use the same mounting as the RMR, but if the RMR was really tight hopefully the Holosun will fit it. I have the Holosun that I’m tying out right now and wanted to know for sure if the plate would work with it. Thanks
View Quote
I have 2 of the V2 plates with Holosuns, they've been perfect so far. About 200 rounds on one, and 2K on the other. We'll see.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They should have used steel and then they would be perfect.  Alloy was the wrong choice I don’t care what they say.
View Quote
This.

I cannot fathom using an aluminum plate over a steel plate, which is exactly why I won't use them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
A replacement plate for the MOS system that is MOS height and supports the front and rear of the optic would be an absolutely awesome product.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A replacement plate for the MOS system that is MOS height and supports the front and rear of the optic would be an absolutely awesome product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What am I missing?  I thought that’s exactly what the CHP plate does?  Mine shipped today so I don’t have first hand experience but others here have reported that it is a tight fit and supports the RMR front and rear.  I do agree that a steel version would be better, but if it’s a tight fit, the screws are proper length and it’s installed properly I think it’ll work out OK.  Seems to me that the whole problem is that the design of the MOS doesn’t allow for a “proper” RMR mounting system without it being bulky.  I kind of wish I’d just gone the route of having a slide milled.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What am I missing?  I thought that’s exactly what the CHP plate does?  Mine shipped today so I don’t have first hand experience but others here have reported that it is a tight fit and supports the RMR front and rear.  I do agree that a steel version would be better, but if it’s a tight fit, the screws are proper length and it’s installed properly I think it’ll work out OK.  Seems to me that the whole problem is that the design of the MOS doesn’t allow for a “proper” RMR mounting system without it being bulky.  I kind of wish I’d just gone the route of having a slide milled.
View Quote
Missing nothing at all good sir, seems we're basically on the same page.

I agree a milled setup is preferred.  I am limited to "factory" setups, so I have to make the most of the MOS system.  A good steel plate that had additional support would be the best improvement to the system.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Does Primary Machine have something in the works?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Sucks to hear people are having issues with the C&H plate, 1,000 rds in about and mine is doing great
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sucks to hear people are having issues with the C&H plate, 1,000 rds in about and mine is doing great
View Quote
I think the issues were with the DPP plate/mount and screws. Haven’t heard negative reviews of their rmr mount.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I despise the MOS plates, a better plate would be tits.

@PrimaryMachine_Bruce
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The whole platform is kind of...well...junk, really.
View Quote
Harsh.

Glock, CZ, S&W, etc all seem to think otherwise.  I'll admit between fit and screw sizes/length it needs some refinement, but remember we've only just begun. Mounting red dots and scopes on carry handles wasn't exactly great either.

All we need is for the aftermarket to perfect it.

I personally hate sending parts out to backed-up machine shops, so i am the MOS market. And if six years from now a revolutionary sight comes out that doesn't fit an RMR footprint, I won't have a safe full of glocks needing new slides.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The whole platform is kind of...well...junk, really. The minimal cost of having a slide milled over the MOS platform is just so much better in basically every single way.
You could make the enlargement of being able to swap optics. But no one is actually doing that in reality. Most guys are smart enough to do the whole buy once, cry once thing with a DP Pro or RMR and they're done with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I despise the MOS plates, a better plate would be tits.

@PrimaryMachine_Bruce
The whole platform is kind of...well...junk, really. The minimal cost of having a slide milled over the MOS platform is just so much better in basically every single way.
You could make the enlargement of being able to swap optics. But no one is actually doing that in reality. Most guys are smart enough to do the whole buy once, cry once thing with a DP Pro or RMR and they're done with it.
Except for those guys that don't a have a choice....and if they want n MRDS on their gun they have to go with a MOS or other factory optic cut platform.  A better mounting plate would be great for them.  I'm not in that category as I bought my MOS 19 to see if I wanted to go down that road.  I'm sold on it now....but I don't want to sell my MOS now just to buy a gun which I then will need to have milled out to do what my MOS gun does already.  Also, the MOS gives shooters the flexibility to try out different optics.

The MOS is not ideal...I agree, but a better mounting plate sure would go a long way to making it a better option.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#36]
2 coworkers went out and bought a 17 and 19 MOS. One was using an RMR and the other a Vortex. both had hard core wandering dot so bad they removed the optics. I am looking at picking up a Glock soon hopefully but will stay away from MOS I guess.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it possible to do the ATOM milling on a MOS gun?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Just posting to keep anyone with a Holosun update:
I received my v3 RMR Holosun plate today.
Test fit the Holosun to the plate and installed the supplied screws through the holosun and into the plate - just gently snugged up the screws and ran into something odd.
The Holosun is loose on the plate with the screws installed and snugged up.  Not sure if I did something wrong or missed something.  Already have an email in to CHPWS.

Any of you other guys that ordered and got a Holosun v3 - without the plate mounted to the gun, is the optic loose on the plate?

Edit to add:  As another poster has said, the screws that come with the v3 are ridiculously small compared to the stock screws that come with the holosun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just posting to keep anyone with a Holosun update:
I received my v3 RMR Holosun plate today.
Test fit the Holosun to the plate and installed the supplied screws through the holosun and into the plate - just gently snugged up the screws and ran into something odd.
The Holosun is loose on the plate with the screws installed and snugged up.  Not sure if I did something wrong or missed something.  Already have an email in to CHPWS.

Any of you other guys that ordered and got a Holosun v3 - without the plate mounted to the gun, is the optic loose on the plate?

Edit to add:  As another poster has said, the screws that come with the v3 are ridiculously small compared to the stock screws that come with the holosun.
View Quote
Any chance you put the wrong screws thru the optic and they are bottoming out on the slide before tighting the optic?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Some of us have to abide by our agency/department policies.   The MOS or an approved factory manufactured RDS slide.  Not one milled by third party.

Have to make lemonade from lemons.

As suggested, a steel plate versus an aluminum one.  The screws look small compared to Trijicon's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Any chance you put the wrong screws thru the optic and they are bottoming out on the slide before tighting the optic?
View Quote
Nope, the screws to mount the plate to the gun are in a separate labeled bag. Plus the plate is not mounted on the gun, I was just test fitting the optic to the plate.
Looking at it more last night I think the issue with mine is that my posts on the plate are too tall.
The screws are tightened up to the taper but the optic is still loose on the plate.  
With the screws tightened, looking at the bottom of the plate, I am not sure I have any threads of the screw into the base of the plate. It looks like my screws are only long enough to go down into the posts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#43]
My Gen 5 19 MOS hasnt moved.  I have been wondering about that CH plate.

Does it still allow the use of supressor height sights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's also pretty well noted by guys who put serious rounds through both MOS guns and with milled slides that the optics don't seem to last as long on the MOS guns vs milled slides. Probably due to the milled slides having so much more support around the optic.
View Quote
Come on now. That’s pushing it. No way it makes any difference. There isn’t little to no difference in movement and the optics are mounted the same. That’s a stretch just to make slides cuts seem the better way to go. Which id agree they may be better in some ways but I don’t think that is one of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can remill a mos slide ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

No problems here. Prior to the ACRO I had a few thousand rounds on a Trijicon RMR and the factory MOS plate. I'm just at 1k rounds with the ACRO and plate.

The plate for the ACRO is a single piece of milled billet made by B&T and is MUCH higher quality than the standard MOS plates.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

On my Gen 4 17 I have around 5k rounds with a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a standard MOS plate with no issues. That gun has been purposely beat to hell as a T&E gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#49]
So I just got in my CHPW plate and it's going straight back.

I bought it because I thought it would lock up the RMR tight by filling all gaps. Instead, it fills a gap cosmetically but not mechanically, smaller screws and more wiggle prior to torquing than the Glock plate, meaning it's all hinging on two screws that they felt should be reduced in diameter (?)

I found these screws on Mc Master, they are high strength and purchased "each". They aren't cheap!  Still have a torx head as well, I don't like those tiny allen heads.

I don't have a problem with MOS, or the adapter plate being as this is a recreational gun, I figure these slightly overpriced screws will make it as good as it can be

Meanwhile, waiting for someone to take my money for an all steel, tighter than a crabs ass, RMR to MOS plate!!!!

you can make the 3/8 screw a 1/2 if you want every last thread & like to file
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#50]
I have yet to get into the pistol red dot game, but with all the posts I see online about problems with the MOS system I’ve pretty much decided I would only trust a clamp-on Aimpoint Acro style red dot with the MOS. I personally wouldn’t trust  Trijicon/Leupold/etc style optics that mount with two vertical screws with the MOS system.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top