Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 62
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see what appears to be two week or so lag time shipping. I got a call last night that the G43X MOS I ordered three months ago finally came in so I ordered some mags and a steel magazine release today.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice to see what appears to be two week or so lag time shipping. I got a call last night that the G43X MOS I ordered three months ago finally came in so I ordered some mags and a steel magazine release today.
View Quote

I've been wanting to sell a 43x and a 48 to buy one 43x MOS...  Those suckers are like hen's teeth these days.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
6 mags, 2 steel mag catches...  

Ordered on Dec 9th, shipped on the 21st, delivered today on 12/23.

I can't fuss about that too much. My first round of mags took a couple of months to get here.

I'm debating a few more for "just in case" reasons.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ordered: Dec 6
Shipping Notification: Today (Dec 21)
View Quote

Are you ordering off the Shield Arms web siite? I know they show OOS but I want to place a back order.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you ordering off the Shield Arms web siite? I know they show OOS but I want to place a back order.
View Quote

I ordered one of their combo kits (where you are allowed to place a back order). Order arrived 3 weeks later.

Here is what I ordered:

https://shieldarms.com/s15-extension-combo-1
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know, I'll order some myself. The prices for these on GB make me want to vomit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I placed an order on December 23rd and received a shipping notification today.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Any word on ambi models?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any word on ambi models?
View Quote

Shield is following the Glock model. In the grand scheme of things...

Glock releases the long requested single stack 43
Glock waits for sales to slump on the 43
Glock releases the 43x/48
Glock waits for sales to slump on the 43x/48 MOS
Glock then releases the new and improved 43x/48 MOS Ambi Slide Stop model
Shield celebrates by releasing LH only magazines
LH owners like the magazines but are a little bit peeved because they know they will have trouble selling their used 43x/48 and magazine combos
Shield waits for sales to slump on LH only magazines
Shield releases full ambi magazines
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Ordered 3 and an extension today. The wait begins
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]
My mags have arrived!

I didn't realize Shield Arms was in Bigfork. That made shipping quick.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My mags have arrived!

I didn't realize Shield Arms was in Bigfork. That made shipping quick.
View Quote
Awesome. Sounds like they're almost at the point of being caught up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up a new 48 mos and my shield mags won’t drop free.
They work fine on my older silver slide 43x.

I found the fix with the painters tape and a hairdryer
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I may have waited too long to get these. If anyone has a link to some mags/mag catch please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I may have waited too long to get these. If anyone has a link to some mags/mag catch please let me know.
View Quote
https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag
https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-mag-release

Unless you want to pay $80 or up on the EE or Gunbroker, just put some on backorder. They've been shipping within a few weeks from reports here and in my experience.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I have 2 15 rounders and have been working great.
Last week the side rail on 1 mag broke off and end cap popped up.
Has not been dropped or abused.
Now I need to see if they will replace
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well I have 2 15 rounders and have been working great.
Last week the side rail on 1 mag broke off and end cap popped up.
Has not been dropped or abused.
Now I need to see if they will replace
View Quote
I posted this on the previous page.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:26:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Just placed a backorder on 1/10/21. I will update this post once it ships and once it arrives for anyone that wants to know how long BOs are taking.

Edit: Mags shipped on 1/25
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered 3 mags (On the backorder option), slide release and a +5 on Jan 3rd.

Shipping notice on Jan 12th.

Got mags yesterday (The 14th).

MAN THESE ARE NICE. The fact it locks the extension in with two set screws REALLY is awesome. I've used several extensions in the past and had one pop off before. The mag, extension and base plate(s) are all metal. Only plastic I see is the follower.

Fits like a champ in my 43x.

Now to get a 48 MOS and make a spacegat with a 20rd mag :D
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I tried to place a backorder last night and the only thing it would let me do is have them notify me when they come back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I tried to place a backorder last night and the only thing it would let me do is have them notify me when they come back in stock.
View Quote
What did you try to order? The single black oxide mags are the only ones they're letting people put on backorder. All of the combo packs and electroless nickel mags are notify only.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

It let me add to the cart but I didn't go through checkout with them.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I was trying to order the combo. I try the single mags then. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Yep same failure
Did you try to get replacement yet.
I sent e-mail no response
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep same failure
Did you try to get replacement yet.
I sent e-mail no response
View Quote
It's not my mag. I saw it posted online.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I just got three and their mag catch.  Loading them was a little stiff by number 15.
The mag catch is installed and I need to get them to the range for some testing
before they become carry mags.

I have high hopes for them based on what I've read here.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#27]
So I got some mags on the backorder. now waiting for them to ship. Do I need the steel mag catch?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I got some mags on the backorder. now waiting for them to ship. Do I need the steel mag catch?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

I wonder how many mag ejects you could get before it fails.

Just put in the metal mag catch, I dropped the metal s15 mag with the stock, plastic mag catch hundreds of times and saw no degradation of the release.

Not that I'd trust my life to a plastic mag catch on a metal mag, but I'm genuinely curious.

With the S15 + 5 it sure turns a 43x into a beast :D
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wonder how many mag ejects you could get before it fails.

Just put in the metal mag catch, I dropped the metal s15 mag with the stock, plastic mag catch hundreds of times and saw no degradation of the release.

Not that I'd trust my life to a plastic mag catch on a metal mag, but I'm genuinely curious.

With the S15 + 5 it sure turns a 43x into a beast :D
View Quote

Shield says it’s not from inserting/dropping the mag, but a little see saw action during recoil that will wear down the plastic mag catch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Will the steel mag catch mess up the stock mags?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tag for info
I have a steel catch and haven’t installed it but only two shield mags
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it will wear on stock mags much harder than stock mag catch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quick question.  I was looking at the 3 pack with mag catch combo on their site.  I already have 2 from the original pre-order.  Can anyone tell me which finish the 3 pack/catch combo comes in, the site does not specify? and I honestly can't remember what the finish is on mine, even though they are shiny black...
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quick question.  I was looking at the 3 pack with mag catch combo on their site.  I already have 2 from the original pre-order.  Can anyone tell me which finish the 3 pack/catch combo comes in, the site does not specify? and I honestly can't remember what the finish is on mine, even though they are shiny black...
Thanks.
View Quote

It's their standard finish
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I took my 43X with updated steel mag catch and three S15 magazines on my recent trip to Colorado. It was a light and slim companion with good capacity. I even took it to the range while I was up there. Between it and my P365, all my concealment and capacity needs are met. The S15 is definite game changer. I only have 3. I need to acquire some more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Ordered on 1/8. Will update here when it ships.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tag for info
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag for info

I have a couple of the steel catches but i haven't installed them because it occurred to me I'd rather occasionally replace a 3$ plastic catch from using the s15 mags, than replace factory glock mags from using a steel catch
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have a couple of the steel catches but i haven't installed them because it occurred to me I'd rather occasionally replace a 3$ plastic catch from using the s15 mags, than replace factory glock mags from using a steel catch
View Quote

Thats actually not a terrible idea. Best cheapest source?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Shield Mags and this getting released, my 19 is going to get dusty in the safe.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222364/C46D3395-D23D-41E8-B90D-B5BB5CC3C77E_png-1786864.JPG
View Quote
If I could just find an MOS for not scalper prices.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222364/C46D3395-D23D-41E8-B90D-B5BB5CC3C77E_png-1786864.JPG
View Quote
My 43X's have been sitting. I have gravitated back to my 17's for the time being.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Mines shipped, set to get here Saturday. Looks like they're running exactly 2 weeks behind
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Order shipped today (1/20), ordered 12 days ago. Not bad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Just took my two G48 carry mags (one with standard and one with an extra power coil spring) and they preformed perfectly; no issues whatsoever. I shot I believe 2 fully loaded mags with steel case, one each full mag with brass case and a couple rounds of Hydrashock and Gold Dots in there, along with several 2 and 3 round loads; locked back every time, no issues with function... I wish I could have run another 2-500 rounds through them, but that's going to have to wait until the next class I take.

One thing I found out is I have to complete change how I shoot with the G48; all my time with 19 and 17 frames in the past few years is out the window. I know a red dot will help, but even with irons, I should be shooting it much better. I will need to burn a few hundred more rounds with fundamentals before I get the muscle memory down again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a few mags, along with an extension, mag catch, and carrier today. I'll update when they ship.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I've left all six of my S15 mags loaded for the past 7-10 months and I finally got a chance to shoot last week. Three of the four I shot had spring issues, two wouldn't lock back the slide at all and the third only did it intermittently. I contacted S15 and they directed me here: https://shieldarms.com/spring-for-life

Nice that they'll take care of users but annoying that I have to send my old springs in before they'll replace them. Waste of my time and money to have to ship them back rather than recycling the failing springs. I ordered direct so they can look up my order, not like I'm trying to scam them out of free magazine springs
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've left all six of my S15 mags loaded for the past 7-10 months and I finally got a chance to shoot last week. Three of the four I shot had spring issues, two wouldn't lock back the slide at all and the third only did it intermittently. I contacted S15 and they directed me here: https://shieldarms.com/spring-for-life

Nice that they'll take care of users but annoying that I have to send my old springs in before they'll replace them. Waste of my time and money to have to ship them back rather than recycling the failing springs. I ordered direct so they can look up my order, not like I'm trying to scam them out of free magazine springs
View Quote

This is disappointing
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#49]
FYI my first batch of three was from the initial preorder, the second batch shipped in March 2020. I'm debating swapping the springs for stock G19 springs (those are what seem to work properly, correct?) and keeping whatever Shield sends back as spares
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
FYI my first batch of three was from the initial preorder, the second batch shipped in March 2020. I'm debating swapping the springs for stock G19 springs (those are what seem to work properly, correct?) and keeping whatever Shield sends back as spares
View Quote

I would like to know the answer to that myself as I'd like to pick up a few? These mags seem to be very dependent on a good spring so I would like to order the appropriate Wolff or Factory Glock spring if possible?
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top