BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 62
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they get it out and it's reliable it will be a big game changer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or they said it would be released by Summer.  It's not summer yet.  And no gun company in the history of ever has met a projected release date.  So I'd expect no earlier than Q2 2020.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if they beat that.
If they get it out and it's reliable it will be a big game changer.
If they don't get it right someone will.  The possibility has already been proven.  It's just waiting on someone to execute it commercially.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If they don't get it right someone will.  The possibility has already been proven.  It's just waiting on someone to execute it commercially.
View Quote
Magpul should do it
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Magpul should do it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul should do it
I don't see Magpul making a metal magazine.  I could see MecGar doing it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They’re terrible at answering emails. I hit them up about a 43 extension and haven’t heard anything yet. Wanted to buy a 17 slide from them and someone was going to look for one and that was the last I heard of it. I’m not believing the 15 round magazine will happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d definitely rather they take their time. People are going to want to carry these, and they won’t carry (or buy) them if they’re not reliable. The bar is high though given the quality of OEM Glock mags. Anyway, I hope they’ll take their time. Maybe that’ll give Glock enough time to accidentally release a factory black 43X.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have to think there are other companies also working on this feverishly behind the scenes.  First one to market is going clean up.  Once one is released, we’ll probably see several more in quick succession as they scramble to get a piece of the gold rush.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul should do it
MecGar would be the perfect scenario since they're an OEM producer and can do it at great scale.  If Shield can make it work and then license it to MecGar to produce... we all win.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

MecGar would be the perfect scenario since they're an OEM producer and can do it at great scale.  If Shield can make it work and then license it to MecGar to produce... we all win.
View Quote
Oh yeah.  MecGar would give it true "street cred"
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul should do it
Mecgar would be an awesome fit
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
First time for everything
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have to think there are other companies also working on this feverishly behind the scenes.  First one to market is going clean up.  Once one is released, we’ll probably see several more in quick succession as they scramble to get a piece of the gold rush.
View Quote
Someone here could do it.  We KNOW CZ75 mag bodies fit perfect.   It's simply a matter of finding a mag the right length and cutting a proper notch.  If I had a 48, I'd do it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I want them to take as much time as they need to get it right.  No rush.
View Quote
Same.  10+1 is good enough.  More is obviously better but I can live with the current scenario.

I also just picked up a 34.5MOS today for backpack carry to tide me over
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone here could do it.  We KNOW CZ75 mag bodies fit perfect.   It's simply a matter of finding a mag the right length and cutting a proper notch.  If I had a 48, I'd do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to think there are other companies also working on this feverishly behind the scenes.  First one to market is going clean up.  Once one is released, we'll probably see several more in quick succession as they scramble to get a piece of the gold rush.
So would I.  But afaik the 43X/48 are not approved for sale here yet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I just test fit a CZ 75 mag and looked without measuring and it appears that a simple opening of the mag lock slot would do it.  I will do a little testing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just test fit a CZ 75 mag and looked without measuring and it appears that a simple opening of the mag lock slot would do it.  I will do a little testing.
View Quote
Attaboy
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
CZ 75 mag

Glock 48 mag

mag notch
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Wouldn't be hard to make a mag catch to work with those mags.  I've done it, just not for a G43X/48.

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Notch that bitch and give us a report!
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess changing the mag catch is cheaper than the mag but then no Glock mags fit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess changing the mag catch is cheaper than the mag but then no Glock mags fit.
View Quote
I don't see much reason to go back to a 10rd mag if the 15rd mag works.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]
If mec gar tooled to make these, I am sure it would fit the glock vs the other way.  I think a metal mag catch would be necessary.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If mec gar tooled to make these, I am sure it would fit the glock vs the other way.  I think a metal mag catch would be necessary.
View Quote
Not necessary.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#23]
@dogtired Bust out that dremel!

I don't have a G48 (yet) or any CZ75 mags. But if I did I would try this.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think a metal mag catch would be necessary.
View Quote
no sir.  Plenty of polymer guns out there with polymer mag catches.  Or you can epoxy a thin piece of metal from a soup can to the catch surface of the polymer one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#25]
CZ75 magazines fit????
This is a very interesting turn of events.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Notch that bitch and give us a report!
View Quote
THIS X1000!!!

@ dogtired
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doubt it.  The mag inserts up across a bevel where it snaps in place. the mag release being depressed moves the edge of the catch completely out of the notch.  I dont see the mag as having the opportunity to wear out the catch.

But they are cheap to replace anyway right?  There might even be after market metal one, ill be there are for g17, probably just a matter of time
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t have any compact mags and they seem oos everywhere (also $40).  The mag catch may be first.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don’t have any compact mags and they seem oos everywhere (also $40).  The mag catch may be first.
View Quote
witness compact small frame mags are the same body.  Should be about half the price of CZ as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#31]
The CZ75 compact mag will fit and I have one that I already notched. The downside is that it isn't a flush fit and would require a spacer. Now that the weather is warmer, i might consider finishing it, or just wait for a large company to do it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The CZ75 compact mag will fit and I have one that I already notched. The downside is that it isn't a flush fit and would require a spacer. Now that the weather is warmer, i might consider finishing it, or just wait for a large company to do it.
View Quote
How far off is it from being flush?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Feeds well?  Locks back??
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if the p07 mags work?

Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Locks back, manually feeds fine. Need to finish the spacer before I'm willing to shoot it

Quoted:
About 1/4" at the front lip and a little less than 1/2" at the back
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This... I hope, I hope, I hope...
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Locks back, manually feeds fine. Need to finish the spacer before I'm willing to shoot it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Does the soacer matter functionally?

@firepyro515
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@firepyro515
View Quote
no way it can.  Plenty of guns use longer mags that stick out the bottom and don't REQUIRE a spacer, people just like filling gaps...
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#39]
This thread convinced me to order a 43x frame off Gunbroker yesterday and swap over my slide. Will be here later this week :)
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@firepyro515
View Quote
Quoted:

no way it can.  Plenty of guns use longer mags that stick out the bottom and don't REQUIRE a spacer, people just like filling gaps...
View Quote
You also have to remember that those guns are using magazines specifically designed for their respective frames. This isn't the same as using a glock 17 magazine in a glock 26.

The CZ mags still have play forward and back as they are not a perfect fit. The spacer is use to provide a consistent angle for the magazine within the frame.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You also have to remember that those guns are using magazines specifically designed for their respective frames. This isn't the same as using a glock 17 magazine in a glock 26.

The CZ mags still have play forward and back as they are not a perfect fit. The spacer is use to provide a consistent angle for the magazine within the frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@firepyro515
Quoted:

Anyone have a front to back measurement for the magwell on a 43X/48?  I'm guessing it's the same as other small frame Glocks, around 1.350".
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Pics?

Dude function test that thing! who cares about a spacer?
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Shim" the mag well with duct tape for a function test.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Glock mags also have an overinsertion shelf.  Absent the shelf, with a longer body, slamming them home can result in you bending the shit out of your ejector and a bunch of other bad things.  The cz mag is not a solution for anything other then the range.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Glock mags also have an overinsertion shelf.  Absent the shelf, with a longer body, slamming them home can result in you bending the shit out of your ejector and a bunch of other bad things.  The cz mag is not a solution for anything other then the range.
View Quote
Cut it off, leave tabs, bend them out, reinstall basepad?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone have a front to back measurement for the magwell on a 43X/48?  I'm guessing it's the same as other small frame Glocks, around 1.350".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@firepyro515
Quoted:

I'll put calipers on mine later when I am home.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easier said than done.  Mag tubes are hardened.  If you don't anneal first you'll just snap it off when you try to bend.  I found out the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Easier said than done.  Mag tubes are hardened.  If you don't anneal first you'll just snap it off when you try to bend.  I found out the hard way.
View Quote
Interesting. Didn’t know they were heat treated after forming. Good info! If you have a set of blocks, it may be possible to do it with a larger bend radius, but my job is mostly sheet aluminum, not steel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
PMags (AR, not Glock) and Mec-Gar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If..they are as reliable as oem.
Has ANY aftermarket magazine been able to make that claim?
To be fair, Mec-gar doesn't innovate mags, they adapt existing, proven designs for new guns.  PMag genuinely engineers new things from the ground up.

I don't see Mec-gar attempting anything like this for glock, Mec-gar's game is ultra reliability with the point of earning OEM for most gun manufacturers.  They don't screw around with gimmicks like this 15 round G48 mag.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
To be fair, Mec-gar doesn't innovate mags, they adapt existing, proven designs for new guns.  PMag genuinely engineers new things from the ground up.

I don't see Mec-gar attempting anything like this for glock, Mec-gar's game is ultra reliability with the point of earning OEM for most gun manufacturers.  They don't screw around with gimmicks like this 15 round G48 mag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If..they are as reliable as oem.
Has ANY aftermarket magazine been able to make that claim?

MecGar pioneered thinner followers and tapered springs.  They were the ones that made flush fit 15rd Sig 228 mags and 18rd Beretta 92 and Sig 226 mags.  So yes, adding more capacity to existing guns is something they do.  They wouldn't even need to innovate anything for a G48 mag, just adapt their existing mag tube to fit.
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top