Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 8:32:59 PM EDT
You know, I've been shooting Corbon 124gr +P ammo thru my Glock 19, and didn't even thing twice about it.  Are they rated for +P or +P+ ammo?  If not, I'm glad I still have my hand and all my fingers.  Could someone please enlighten me?

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are safe shooting high pressure ammo in any gun, it is a Glock.  Glock does not condemn the use of +p ammo through any of their guns.  If fact, my police department's issue sidearm is a G17 and the issued duty ammo is a Speer Gold Dot, 124gr. +p.  If those who rely on their sidearm everyday feel safe with +p ammo, you have nothing to worry about.  If you are still concerned you may phone Glock and ask a rep.  The phone number is listed on their website.sigluvr
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I`m still trying to pick a +p 9mm to use
in my G-26.To many to choose from
How do you like the Gold Dot?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the RA9SXTP or RA9TA Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ load for self-defense, and the Q4318 Winchester 124gr NATO +P+ for practice. MVs are approximately the same... 1250fps vs. 1235fps.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Triton Quik-Shok 115 +P in my G19.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like the RA9SXTP or RA9TA Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ load for self-defense, and the Q4318 Winchester 124gr NATO +P+ for practice. MVs are approximately the same... 1250fps vs. 1235fps.

You have a source for the Ranger ammo?  I've been wanting to try some of that, but can't find it locally.  Online source, maybe?

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You have a source for the Ranger ammo?  I've been wanting to try some of that, but can't find it locally.  Online source, maybe?

Last few boxes I got came from Botach Tactical but they've been out of stock for awhile.

You might try The Hunting Shack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top