Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:02:21 PM EDT
Finally got to shoot my RMRed 19.  The first few shots were fine, then I noticed the RMR kind of flashed during the shots, and now it is like a big blur.  What would cause this?  I changed batteries, and it it still the same.

Thanks

ETA:  Its not my eyes, because my Burris FF3 looks fine, and the RMR looked fine until I ran rounds through it
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Battery contacts probably. Not sure if your using sealing plate but it helps. I use sealing plate wrapped in kapton tape and it works for the three i own. I will admit my first one had to get sent to trijicon and since it's back it's worked flawless after like 3k rounds. There's a company that sells a sealing plate that pushes the battery further up into optic to make better contact.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine turned into a big blurry blob too. It was replaced by trijicon. Try cleaning the emitter and glass. If it's still a blurry blob i would give trijicon a call.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered Trijicon's Type 2 RMR's. They are supposed to have hardened electronics to take the beating from pistol slide installations. Serial numbers begin in the 400,000 range.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed Trijicon.  Just waiting to hear back
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Piece of electrical tape on the bottom of the battery

And bend the side battery contact. (Good info on this in the Roland Special thread)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/20170711-103026-251389.jpg
View Quote
I don't think he's experiencing the flicker issue some of us have seen... it sounds like an emitter issue that Trijicon will need to remedy for him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think he's experiencing the flicker issue some of us have seen... it sounds like an emitter issue that Trijicon will need to remedy for him.
View Quote
That is correct.  I have a Battle Werx anti flicker plate installed.  The dot is just a big starburst now.  I received an RMA from Trijicon, so I am sending it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top