Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/3/2017 10:56:58 AM EDT
Update: The FBI contract sights are now called "Agent" sights and are an exclusive through Brownells. The Bold sights are exclusive through Glock.

FYI, the Ameriglo FBI contract sights are available for order now. They aren't on the website yet, but you can order them if you call Ameriglo @ (470) 223-4163. These are going to go on a Glock 17 that I don't even own yet. NVM, I ended up putting these on my Glock 19.

These are NOT hackathorn sights.

They are available with .140 wide (17/19) and .125 (26) which are both FBI spec.

The Agent rear sight has two blacked out tritium dots, a U-notch, and is serrated.

The Bold rear sight has two blacked out tritium dots, a square notch, and is serrated.

Link to VDMSR's website and pictures.

Pics

Installed on my Glock 19

Comparison of Trijicon and Ameriglo sights.

FBI vs Bold.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
FYI, the Ameriglo FBI contract sights are available for order now. Thinner orange pro glo style front sight, serrated U-notch rear sight. They aren't on the website yet, but you can order them. These are going to go on a Glock 17 that I don't even own yet.
View Quote

No trit in the rear?  Sound just like the Ameriglo I get for $60 lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No trit in the rear?  Sound just like the Ameriglo I get for $60 lol
View Quote
These are 3-dot tritium, blacked out, serrated rears.

VDMSR has pictures of both the FBI contract sights and the Ameriglo Bold sights. The FBI sights have a U-notch and the Bold sights have a square cut rear sight.

I'll post pics when my set arrives. I think these will be better than Trijicon's HD XR sights.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the AG sights that came on my G43 Talo, which are similar except without the Trit dots on the rear.  Really nice sight picture.  I imagine these would be very similar.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hackathorne sights.   Got em.  Nice, but what makes them FBI exclusives????
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FYI, the Ameriglo FBI contract sights are available for order now. Thinner orange pro glo style front sight, serrated tritium U-notch rear sight. They aren't on the website yet, but you can order them. These are going to go on a Glock 17 that I don't even own yet.
View Quote

From what I understand they will be OEM on Glock gen5 pistols which will be out soon....
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word when these will hit the market? I just put a set of TCAPs on the new FDE G4 19 because I couldn't find any info on the FBI sights. Haven't ran the TCAPs yet and they're the first set I've owned with a .120" front.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any word when these will hit the market? I just put a set of TCAPs on the new FDE G4 19 because I couldn't find any info on the FBI sights. Haven't ran the TCAPs yet and they're the first set I've owned with a .120" front.
View Quote
TCAP are good sights.  I finished my reviews and will post them later of the BOLD and FBI sights, currently running a TCAP front.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are on the market now. I just ordered them this morning.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The rear sight has two tritium dots and is serrated. Just Google "FBI contract sights." I don't want to post pics without permission.

Similar to Trijicon HD XRs, but not sharp as hell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The rear sight has two tritium dots and is serrated. Just Google "FBI contract sights." I don't want to post pics without permission.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/10/update-ameriglo-fbi-sights-size.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been using the bold sight for about two months now, and for me they definitely are better than HD's.  My group sizes have gotten better at all distances especially @ 15-25yds.
The tritium on the front sight glows brighter than the HD's which I assume is because it's not set as deep into the sight as HD's .
 There are no sharp spots on the rear ,so they won't scratch you and won't snag on clothing.
I wish they didn't discontinue the Bold sights so quickly.  

Do you know what the price is going to be on the FBI sights?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been using the bold sight for about two months now, and for me they definitely are better than HD's.  My group sizes have gotten better at all distances especially @ 15-25yds.
The tritium on the front sight glows brighter than the HD's which I assume is because it's not set as deep into the sight as HD's .
 There are no sharp spots on the rear ,so they won't scratch you and won't snag on clothing.
I wish they didn't discontinue the Bold sights so quickly.  

Do you know what the price is going to be on the FBI sights?
View Quote
They are $99. Ameriglo does 15% off for LEO/MIL. I was going to ask about the Bold sights today when I ordered my FBI sights, but I forgot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks,  that's the same price they had the Bold sights for when I bought mine.  Went there looking for another set and they were gone,  I contacted Myles via email and he said the Bold sights have been discontinued but he'd sell me a set of i call in.  
I ended up buying a set of Spartans the day before he emailed me with the info and offer.  
I wish they'd make some sights for the cz75.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks,  that's the same price they had the Bold sights for when I bought mine.  Went there looking for another set and they were gone,  I contacted Myles via email and he said the Bold sights have been discontinued but he'd sell me a set of i call in.  
I ended up buying a set of Spartans the day before he emailed me with the info and offer.  
I wish they'd make some sights for the cz75.
View Quote
No problem. I'd imagine they ran the bold sights to see how well they'd do. Maybe they are doing the same with the FBI sights (or whatever they choose to call them). That's why I snagged a set now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They are on the market now. I just ordered them this morning.
View Quote
Where did you order them from?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where did you order them from?
View Quote
From Ameriglo. They aren't listed on the website. Just tell them you want the FBI contract sights. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak to Myles.

(470) 223-4163
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From Ameriglo. They aren't listed on the website. Just tell them you want the FBI contract sights. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak to Myles.

(470) 223-4163
View Quote
Awesome. Thanks.

I hope they come marked USAH316.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Awesome. Thanks.

I hope they come marked USAH316.
View Quote
NP. I'll let you know when I get mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#19]
you can get them already on your gun too....the G17 I just ordered already had em installed for 500 total.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
My apologies, I stand corrected.   Those are sexy, thanks for the heads up.  I own 5 or 6 set of AG sights, and am a fan.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My apologies, I stand corrected.   Those are sexy, thanks for the heads up.  I own 5 or 6 set of AG sights, and am a fan.
View Quote
All good. Just trying to get the word out on these. I'm a big fan of Ameriglos.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
you can get them already on your gun too....the G17 I just ordered already had em installed for 500 total.
View Quote
You sure you didn't get the Talo edition? The sights do look very similar....
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think these will be better than Trijicon's HD XR sights.
View Quote
I want them to come out with them for M&P's as well, I like my HD's, but I would really like something very similar but lower to the slide.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I want them to come out with them for M&P's as well, I like my HD's, but I would really like something very similar but lower to the slide.
View Quote
Oh, me too. I'm sure with enough demand they will. At least the M&P HDs aren't sharp like the models for Glock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At least the M&P HDs aren't sharp like the models for Glock.
View Quote
o rly?  Mine are pretty sharp
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

o rly?  Mine are pretty sharp
View Quote
I guess I should say that mine aren't sharp. Lol. I have the HD XRs on my M&P.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#29]
wow. this is literally everything a trijicon HD wishes it could be. especially the lack of sharpness on the edges of the rears. I have 3 sets of HD's that i feel like I need to unload now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

wow. this is literally everything a trijicon HD wishes it could be. especially the lack of sharpness on the edges of the rears. I have 3 sets of HD's that i feel like I need to unload now.
View Quote
If I like these enough, I'll buy two more sets.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd suggest waiting as there will be a green front available soon....
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd suggest waiting as there will be a green front available soon....
View Quote
That's great. I used to run a lime green pro glo front sight on my G19 and I liked it. I also have four sets of Yellow HD/HD XRs that I use. I figured I'd give the orange a shot and see if I like it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm very interested to hear more about your experiences on these vs your HDs as you put more rounds through them.

The HD rears jab my manly frontal beer storage because I don't have visible abs
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm very interested to hear more about your experiences on these vs your HDs as you put more rounds through them.

The HD rears jab my manly frontal beer storage because I don't have visible abs
View Quote
Will do. I like the HD XRs, but I have three beefs with them.

They are sharp on my Glocks.

The metal seems softer compared to Ameriglo and Meprolight sights.

Their height (not that big of a deal).

If Ameriglo delivers all the same great features without the complaints of the HDs, at the competitive pricing they have now, they will beat Trijicon's ass.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Does the orange glow when hit with a light?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Last I knew Ameriglo red is not photoilluminecent. I do know that their green front for the iDot Pro is. Interesting note that if you buy green and then paint them red/orange with sight paint the photoilluminecence shows through perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow first I've heard of these, they might just be the perfect sights
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Does the rear sight have a locking screw ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does the orange glow when hit with a light?
View Quote
Last I knew, their orange pro glo is not. Not positive with these new sights, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Their lime-green pro glo is and it glows longer and brighter than the Trijicon HDs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does the rear sight have a locking screw ?
View Quote
I'll let you know when I get them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm confused, what does "blacked out" mean, what would be the point?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
They glow in the dark but are not as noticeable in the daytime. No colored paint around the tritium.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
No white paint around the rear tritium dots. Some people like that as they are less distracting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Ordered a set of the bold sights Friday.  Same rear sight as the FBI contract, but with the Square notch, and I ordered the set with the Green/Yellow front pro glo sight.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Do they make these for small frame and big frame? I have a 10 mm dying for a new set of sights.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do they make these for small frame and big frame? I have a 10 mm dying for a new set of sights.
View Quote
That I do not know. You'll have to call and ask.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ordered a set of the bold sights Friday.  Same rear sight as the FBI contract, but with the Square notch, and I ordered the set with the Green/Yellow front pro glo sight.  

TXPO
View Quote
Are they offering them in both colors now, or did you order the older .140 pro glo front sight?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I just got these sights in and they look great. Now I just need a new G17 to put them on. I've been contemplating putting them on my G19.

Pics
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]
These seem similar to the Vickers sights by Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
These seem similar to the Vickers sights by Wilson.
View Quote
They are more like Trijicon HD XRs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top