Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 3:09:11 PM EDT
A lot of posts about here about how oil will cause all kinds of chaos on a Glock. Lets set the record straight here with some FACTS.
On one of the posts someone mentioned  how oil on the firing pin will cause "Sludge". You're kidding right? We are not applying lube like you do on a fifth wheel guys. When you oil a firearm all oil/grease should then be wiped of with a Dry cotton cloth(t-shirts are great). When you are done the surface will be shiny NOT WET!
Next, "Oil on the extractor will migrate to the firing pin channel" Hey knuckle head. Burnt powder, oil,brass shavings migrate through out the gun. THATS WHY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN IT!!!! Oh God I should'nt have to explain this, but here goes. When you get back from the range, pull out the mag. Turn the Glock over and look inside the handle on the rear surface. See all dem black circles that match the pattern of the holes on the back of your mag so you can get a count of the rounds inside? They are there because when the gun goes BANG, all the burnt powder get blown back through the  mag  and out dem little holes. AND ITS NOT JUST STOPPING THERE!. It gets blown through out the firearm people. In the mag, firing pin channel, frame , trigger assembly, EVERY PART. Try taking it fully apart and you'll see what I mean.
And these morons who field strip it and wash it in the sink are just plain crazy, because all the dirt just gets washed out of sight and into all the tight spots like extractor surfaces, safeties, etc.
Poor Mr. Glock, how does he deal with the stupid mistakes made on a very simple pistol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Man what is your problem, your post makes no sense at all ........ The  Quality of the trolls are going down hill..
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock Manual pg38

WARNING:
"Do not put oil inside firing pin channel or magazine.  The magazine (inside and out) and breech face should be wiped dry before reassembly.  Leaving solvent or lubricant in these areas could cause contamination of primers and failure to fire."

I think I'll go by what Gaston recomends.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A lot of posts about here about how oil will cause all kinds of chaos on a Glock. Lets set the record straight here with some FACTS.
On one of the posts someone mentioned  how oil on the firing pin will cause "Sludge". You're kidding right? We are not applying lube like you do on a fifth wheel guys. When you oil a firearm all oil/grease should then be wiped of with a Dry cotton cloth(t-shirts are great). When you are done the surface will be shiny NOT WET!
Next, "Oil on the extractor will migrate to the firing pin channel" Hey knuckle head. Burnt powder, oil,brass shavings migrate through out the gun. THATS WHY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN IT!!!! Oh God I should'nt have to explain this, but here goes. When you get back from the range, pull out the mag. Turn the Glock over and look inside the handle on the rear surface. See all dem black circles that match the pattern of the holes on the back of your mag so you can get a count of the rounds inside? They are there because when the gun goes BANG, all the burnt powder get blown back through the  mag  and out dem little holes. AND ITS NOT JUST STOPPING THERE!. It gets blown through out the firearm people. In the mag, firing pin channel, frame , trigger assembly, EVERY PART. Try taking it fully apart and you'll see what I mean.
And these morons who field strip it and wash it in the sink are just plain crazy, because all the dirt just gets washed out of sight and into all the tight spots like extractor surfaces, safeties, etc.
Poor Mr. Glock, how does he deal with the stupid mistakes made on a very simple pistol.

If you are going to come and in here and insult people, the least you could do is not post something as ridiculous as that.

But then again, your post makes no sense at all to start with. If you want to put oil on the firing pin in your Glock then keep doing it. I'll just follow the guidelines set forth by Glock. I've had no problems doing this, and I see no reason to change now.

Here ya go, I'll go step by step and walk you through it..............1)Take the mag out of the pistol
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
2)turn the pistol upside down, and look into the handle. 3) there are 4 sides to the mag well. 4) look at the surface that is at the rear. 5) see those little black dots on the surface? Thats the burnt powder getting blown down through the mag and out the holes leaving the same pattern inside your mag well in the pistol grip. That residue gets blown throughout the gun also. get it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Man what is your problem, your post makes no sense at all ........ The  Quality of the trolls are going down hill..

+1.  WTF.  I miss the Old Trolls.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I really shouldn't be suprised with the attitudes here though. I work with a know it all too. The guy hammers new bearings into place like he's driving tent pegs. I try to tell him about inner race and outer race, and how to seat a bearing, and by doing it wrong you reduce a beraings life by 50-70%. He just looks at me like I'm nuts and then bitches when he has to change the same bearings in 3 months.
Some people get very child like when you point out something they are doing wrong.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really shouldn't be suprised with the attitudes here though. I work with a know it all too. The guy hammers new bearings into place like he's driving tent pegs. I try to tell him about inner race and outer race, and how to seat a bearing, and by doing it wrong you reduce a beraings life by 50-70%. He just looks at me like I'm nuts and then bitches when he has to change the same bearings in 3 months.
Some people get very child like when you point out something they are doing wrong.

So you think he is a "know it all"?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
A retired marine friend gave me this Langenham mod FL to repair. It needed a new firing pin and a mag. I had to make a  cut on the  new mag for the mag catch to hold onto it, and reblued it. new pin and  lubed it for him. Took him and the pistol to the range. let him shoot it first  but he was all over the target. Gave him a few pointers( I get payed $25 an hour for gun maint/repair/or instruction), I took aim with the first shot and BANG, center punched the bullseye.
So I took a pistol I never saw before, fixed it, lubed  and reassembled it, and shot a bullseye the first shot. Pretty good for a silly troll.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Many new gunowners are like new home owners who have never had a yard before.  They either over-water or they under-water.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Kolt, does your mommy know you are using her computer?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Glock Manual pg38

WARNING:
"Do not put oil inside firing pin channel or magazine.  The magazine (inside and out) and breech face should be wiped dry before reassembly.  Leaving solvent or lubricant in these areas could cause contamination of primers and failure to fire."

I think I'll go by what Gaston recomends.

The hell with the Glock manual I'm listening to Kolt from now on!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A retired marine friend gave me this Langenham mod FL to repair. It needed a new firing pin and a mag. I had to make a  cut on the  new mag for the mag catch to hold onto it, and reblued it. new pin and  lubed it for him. Took him and the pistol to the range. let him shoot it first  but he was all over the target. Gave him a few pointers( I get payed $25 an hour for gun maint/repair/or instruction), I took aim with the first shot and BANG, center punched the bullseye.
So I took a pistol I never saw before, fixed it, lubed  and reassembled it, and shot a bullseye the first shot. Pretty good for a silly troll.

Really?  A bullseye?  For Real?  You are so cool...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
2)turn the pistol upside down, and look into the handle. 3) there are 4 sides to the mag well. 4) look at the surface that is at the rear. 5) see those little black dots on the surface? Thats the burnt powder getting blown down through the mag and out the holes leaving the same pattern inside your mag well in the pistol grip. That residue gets blown throughout the gun also. get it?

I must be missing something.  Sure, stuff gets blown all throughout the gun.  Who said that didn't happen?  It's (in large part) because stuff gets blown throughout the gun that GLOCK recommends keeping the extractor and firing pin channel dry.  Oil in those areas is more likely to attract problematic gunk.

I don't get why it's hard to do what the manual says.  It's not like there's been a rash of GLOCK failures due to underlubrication.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must be missing something.  Sure, stuff gets blown all throughout the gun.  Who said that didn't happen?  It's (in large part) because stuff gets blown throughout the gun that GLOCK recommends keeping the extractor and firing pin channel dry.  Oil in those areas is more likely to attract problematic gunk.

I don't get why it's hard to do what the manual says.  It's not like there's been a rash of GLOCK failures due to underlubrication.

Don't question a man that cleaned and lubed a gun that shot a bulleye on the first shot!  Don't you dare...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Its called "gun" oil
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Its called "gun" oil

PREACH ON BROTHER KOLT!!!

Keep going, this is extremely educational to those of us who have opened our minds.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its called "gun" oil

PREACH ON BROTHER KOLT!!!

Keep going, this is extremely educational to those of us who have opened our minds.
I kinda looked at it as  keeping YOU going...........LOL

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#23]
keep telling me how gun oils not for guns................LOL
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its called "gun" oil

You know, it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

For your own sake, I really do hope that you are just a troll.

Too late for this one.  The cat is out of the bag!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#26]
its always easy to save face and call the other guy a "troll"
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
its always easy to save face and call the other guy a "troll"

I agree Kolt!  Here is a guy trying to educate us; he's provided us with examples of his past experiences and you jackasses call him a troll?  For God's sake he cleaned and lubed a gun that shot a bullseye!  What more do you people want

Amazing!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm eating a tub of shooters(hot peppers and cheese balls in OIL and a loaf of Italin bread) and wondering how long a group of guys will debate an issue.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Now I think to myself why do these guys do this. It must be to make yourselves feel better.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Man it must feel good to have that kinda power
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Now I think to myself why do these guys do this. It must be to make yourselves feel better.

Actually my mother in law, brother in law and his wife are visiting so I'm hiding in the office killing time and staying away from them.

It's entertainment, nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
all over gun oil on a firing pin....................punks
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Don't worry, I predict this thread will be coming to a quick end.

IBTL!

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

+1.  Maybe his account will come to a quick end.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Maybe his account will come to a quick end.

Don't tease...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
oh no not that
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]
ok, i'm peppered out here
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Locked, along with the troll's account.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top