Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 12:20:05 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with both Hyve Technologies and Taran Tactical mag extensions for the G43? Likely replacing my XDs 4.0 with a G43 soon and not real sure which of these mag ext I'll go with. I like the look/contour of the Hyve but also like how minimal the +1 is that Taran makes.

From what I've read and watched, both seem to be quality built and failure free these days.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to the Taran mag ext but I have quite a few Hyve mag ext for both my 43 and 19 and love them.

I like how lightweight they are and the extra surface area I get from them with my grip.

I haven't had any failure issues with either and have about 300 rounds thru the 43 and 500 thru the 19.

For the money I would get both and make up your mind but I love the colors Hyve has and I usually load my mags based on the colors.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Hyve with my Shield and 43.  Both work flawlessly.  Also, for 15 bucks less than Taran it can't be beat in my opinion.  It's the perfect grip addition without going overboard.  the Taran's +3's are huge on the gun making concealment a bit harder. I allumihyde mine to get rid of the huge ugly logo on the side but thats just my preference.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Where's the love for the Ghost +2s?  Mine run like tops with probably 500 rds through the extended mags with zero issues, often running 4 rounds at a time for FAST drills, so a lot of lockbacks. They are light, as low profile as possible, look cleanly integrated, and pass a loaded drop test from chest height on concrete at different angles.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where's the love for the Ghost +2s?  Mine run like tops with probably 500 rds through the extended mags with zero issues, often running 4 rounds at a time for FAST drills, so a lot of lockbacks. They are light, as low profile as possible, look cleanly integrated, and pass a loaded drop test from chest height on concrete at different angles.  
View Quote
So many good options for mag extensions I like the Vickers\Tango Down +2 myself.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have +2's from both. I think the Hyve one is executed better all around. It fits the base of the pistol very well. The Taran's just kind of stop and follow the same formula as all their other mag extensions. I will say that I think as far as gripping goes, the Taran +2 is better. What it gives up in aesthetics, it makes up for in application of grip. The little notches in the front give your pinky a better place to go.

The Taran +2's ship with a 10% magazine spring, the Hyve's don't. The Hyve mag shot just fine, but that last round is weak as hell to shoot up with I assume the factory spring in it. I put a 10% spring in that one that I got from my last order from Taran and it seems way stronger fwiw.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Pearce are my favorite. I've been using them for 1.5 years and they've been great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pearce are my favorite. I've been using them for 1.5 years and they've been great.
View Quote
Great for concealment but I wish they were a bit longer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
TT +3 here, works great no issues so far.

also like the Vickers +2 and Pearce +1
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
k

I actually grind the pinky hook down to make them smaller.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice. Lots of good options out there now it seems. I had the Strike Industries +2 on my last G43 (shouldn't have sold it) and liked it. Looked good and performed good. But I'm wanting to go with one manufacturer that offers +1's and +2's. Also would prefer to try out the aluminum this time. Feeling like the little extra weight might help handling. Plus I'm a sucker for the look of the Hyve I think. Sounds like I'll go that route since the reliability is there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I have Taran's and I have no plans of changing them out for anything else.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#12]
So the Hyve +1 and +2 both don't come with a longer spring?  

I like how small the TTI +1 is.  For +2 I've been wanting to try the Vickers, those are GTG?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So the Hyve +1 and +2 both don't come with a longer spring?  

I like how small the TTI +1 is.  For +2 I've been wanting to try the Vickers, those are GTG?
View Quote
I have the vickers, they come with a spring and seem to work fine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry the Taran +1 with a +2 on my backup mag. They've been 100% so far. 

I'm going to Get some of the Vickers +2's also and put them on a couple range mags. Much less expensive. 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm going to Get some of the Vickers +2's also and put them on a couple range mags. Much less expensive. 
View Quote
4 of my mags have these they work great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Love my Taran +2, it has ran flawless. Gonna buy an ETS extended mag to carry as a backup when they come out though
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I have both and I'd prefer Hyve due to lower cost but similar quality. I also prefer how the hyve mounts to the magazine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I switched to Pearce for +1s and Vickers for +2.  Tarans are annoying to remove after you have them installed.  Hyves require removal of the little base plate retention tabs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Add another happy customer with the Vickers +2. Inexpensive and has been 100% reliable for me so far.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're ugly.

I love my Pearce +1 extension. It has the Gen4 texture and looks seamless.

I have a Vicker's +2 on my reload.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a tt plus 1 and a tango down plus 2, the tt1 runs great, the tangodown doesnt lock slide back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Another here for the Vickers +2 100 percent flawless so far but I am probably only about 100 rounds in on this mag. Its light cheap and reliable so far. usually those three qualities are not possible to combine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Have them on all my G43 mags.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#24]
pic request of the TT +3 please

@egree81
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have Taran's and I have no plans of changing them out for anything else.
View Quote
Mine has TT +1 and +3 extensions.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Picked up 2 each TT +1 and +2.  Craftsmanship is excellent and the finish is fantastic.  And due to a braincramp that required me to remove one I put on backward, I learned that the finish is also pretty rugged.  I torqued it several different ways with a screwdriver and it didn't leave a mark anywhere I leveraged.

Certainly are less expensive options that probably work as well, but I love these.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Have five ea of both, like both, both work w/ zero stoppages.  TT +1 in the gun to keep it "short", Hyve +1 when willing to trade off overall height for an awesome grip on the weapon and for reloads.  Also have Hyve +1s on my G42 and G26 and like them just as much in those other apps
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I've Hyve and Taran mag extensions for my G43 and I prefer the Taran +3 setup.  It's a great produce and there decent deals from vendors on Ebay.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Currently have five +1 & five +2 Taran Tactical mag extensions for my G43, no failures and the lil bit of weight guarantees the mag will drop free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top