Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 12:26:27 AM EDT
Has there been many problems with the early Gen Glock 42s?  I went to put mine threw its paces and it had many FTE and Stove-pipes...  I took it apart and it looks like the recoil spring might be a little bent?  It only has about 50 rounds through it...

Just wondering!

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Just call Glock and send it back to them. They will update it with all the new parts for the gun and replace the magazines
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife has a G42 for a CCW and got it about 6 months ago. No problems that weren't caused by her. She had a bad habit of inadvertently pushing up on the slide stop due to her grip. We worked on her grip and no problems any more.

OP what brand ammo are you using? Have you tried others?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife has a G42 for a CCW and got it about 6 months ago. No problems that weren't caused by her. She had a bad habit of inadvertently pushing up on the slide stop due to her grip. We worked on her grip and no problems any more.

OP what brand ammo are you using? Have you tried others?
View Quote
Where I would start as Glock will probably ask you this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yep. Just call Glock and send it back to them. They will update it with all the new parts for the gun and replace the magazines
View Quote
This
Sent one back about a month ago
Got it back about 3 weeks ago runs 100 percent now
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Winchester white box...  

But I feel like it should eat anything I put in there being a Glock...

I might send it back!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Winchester white box...  

But I feel like it should eat anything I put in there being a Glock...

I might send it back!
View Quote
I would try some Federal or American Eagle.... WWB is not that great of ammo and I had some crap 9mm ammo awhile back that choked up my G17/19/34 all in the same range session.  Grabbed a box of Perfecta I had with me and my pistols started running 100% again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
DON'T waste your time with other ammo...send the G42 back to glock. They have already updated several parts to the G42 and the mags....This is a KNOWN issue with early G42's
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Per the instructor at the last Glock armorer's recertification class I took, Win White Box is infamous for causing malfunctions in Glocks. He said that quality on the WWB has gone down a lot in the recent past and the ammo is really weak. He suggested using Federal American Eagle for practice ammo since it was loaded a little hotter and the QC is much better. I have used Fed American Eagle in my G42 and, I have to say, it has worked flawlessly. I haven't tried WWB in my G42 but have read about a lot of problems with it in .380 and other calibers. I know that we all want our guns to run all ammo, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

I'd give the Fed ammo a try before sending it back. When you call Glock, based on my experience with Brass To Face in my G19, they won't authorize a return until you try something besides WWB anyway. Good luck and I hope you get your gun running properly. I absolutely LOVE my G42 and hate to hear about people having problems with them.

Bub75
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I've seen the G42 is really sensitive to limp wristing as far as the FTE and stovepipes go.  Make sure you keep a firm stiff grip.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I shot my brothers awhile back when it was brand new. Lots of stovepipes etc with one mag. The other mags it ran 100%.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I might go buy a few brands this coming weekend and play with both mags and see whats going on...

All my other Glocks have feed flawless on anything I have ever fed them, so I guess I was expecting the same from the little guy!

Manufacture date- 8-26-2014
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#12]
If your mags are not version 03, send them to Glock and they will exchange them for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top