Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 6:32:54 PM EDT
Which Glock OEM trigger do you prefer, the serrated or smooth face?

Poll inbound!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Still wishing there was a way to buy the factory smooth trigger shoe by itself, rather than attached to the trigger bar.  I wonder if they're available separately in Europe?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the smooth but I've become so used to it on my Glock 19 that I probably won't change it
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never noticed a difference.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here...

I recently built a Glock 19 from scratch, just for the heck of it, and because I had never done it before. I ordered a Glock 19 lower parts kit from MidwayUSA, and they sent the smooth, G17/22 trigger assembly. The parts worked fine in the G19 stripped frame, and it really didn't matter to me about it being the smooth trigger vs. the serrated OEM Glock 19 trigger; I honestly can't tell any difference between the smooth trigger and the serrated trigger on my other G19s. If there is a difference, it is minimal. 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a smooth trigger/trigger bar laying in a parts bin they would sell me? Or trade for a serrated trigger?

Seems to me the smooth trigger feels better, although I'm sure it's all in my head.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is where im at.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't really care until I spent a day putting over 700 rds thru my G19. Now all my 19s, 26, and 23 have the smooth triggers. Recenty added a 17 to the collection as well. Smooth trigger is how all Glocks were meant to be.

The only reason the seratted triggers came about was because of our imports laws designed restrict companies from bringing in small, easily concealed, non sporting pistols BS. The seratted triggers were marketed as target trigger in order to get the smaller guns in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still wishing there was a way to buy the factory smooth trigger shoe by itself, rather than attached to the trigger bar.  I wonder if they're available separately in Europe?
View Quote
Be nice if we could find a source for oem smooth G43 's !!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I like smooth as does 87% of the voting group here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Smooth for sure.  The best aftermarket triggers are really in the design of the shoe, IMO.  Once you shoot a glock trigger with a fat/wide safety that sits flush...you'll never go back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#12]
This is just a thought, but has anyone ever tried to sand the serrations smooth on the OEM Glock 19 (and others) trigger? I know it'd be much easier just to change it out, but I was just curious if anyone has tried this... 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Be nice if we could find a source for oem smooth G43 's !!!!
View Quote
That's exactly why I've been hoping to find some source for the trigger shoe by itself. It's too bad the G42 trigger bar is just a little bit too short. I had originally hoped that more parts would be interchangeable between the two models.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Smooth but I can hardly tell a difference.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is where im at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is where im at.
Shoot a prolonged range session 200+ when you get into the 3 4 and 500 it start gnawing at the trigger finger.  I despise them
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shoot a prolonged range session 200+ when you get into the 3 4 and 500 it start gnawing at the trigger finger.  I despise them
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
The only thing that ever got me on an extended session was the trigger safety. I developed a callus eventually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top