Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 10:21:36 AM EDT
I have been concidering a Glock 20 and still am but I have read about some reliability issues. Most of them are the slide locking back with one round in the chamber and some on just that it will not feed correctly once in a while. Is this true? If so is this the first mag during the range session or after a hundred rounds or so. If it is not reliable I will have to consider the 31 or get the 21. Please let me know if you have a Glock 20 how reliable yours has been.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
So far I only have about three hundred rounds through my G20.   Blazer, Corbon, reloads, etc.  Not one malfunction of any kind.

I would think the 20 is as reliable as the other Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
CCW a G20C, and at the range, no Problems
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing here.  I've put well over 2000 rounds through my G20, with absolute minimal problems.  I've had *maybe* a half dozen failure to feeds, all with my own reloads (sizing/length issues).  Nothing else gun related.

However, if you're not careful with your grip and you have long fingers like me, you can inadvertantly activate the slide lock with your hand when firing.  I did that a few times with both my G20 and my G23 when I first got them.  Proper grip takes care of that problem completely.

Buy your G20 with confidence.  It's a wonderful gun, and you'll soon be addicted.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
uhm...it's a glock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a 17, 21, and now a 20.  The 20 and 21 are virtually the same except for caliber.  I've only had a few failure to feeds due to some weak reloads.  I've shot about 4000 rounds through mine.  I put in a 3.5# connector which I really like and the gun has functioned just as well as my other glocks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information. I did not see in the other things I read if reloads were involved or not. Probably in the future I will get one. Most every thing I will shoot will be factory.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
You shouldn't have any problems!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I only have about 600 rds through mine and never a problem yet with several types of ammo including DT 135gr loads.  Damn those things are hot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top