Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 4:39:33 AM EDT
just got a new one and want to add a +2 ext but cant get the base off,any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]
ok. Squeeze the sides as you use the cutting board lip to engage the little part of the baseplate. it does not allow over travel as the counter top will be where your knuckles rest, and wood wont mar the mag.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the Glock armorers tool or a like sized punch. Poke it thru the bottom of the mag then push forward. Baseplate will pop right off.

Step by step pics here...

http://glockmeister.com/magdis.shtml
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It is soft plastic, so you should expect it to get mangled a bit each time you take it off.
As another guy said, squeeze the bottom of the mag tube while pushing the baseplate
off.  You should see two tabs as you look at the baseplate, on both sides.  These are
what's holding the baseplate on, along with the little button on the bottom you stick
a punch in and push in a few mm.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
It may have just been me but to get mine off of my 27 mag I hade to put it in a vise and squeeze the dickens out of it.hinking.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top