Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 7:16:16 PM EDT
Gen4 with the latest, to my knowledge, 0-4-3 recoil spring. Runs perfect without the suppressor. Eats anything. Attached my Surefire Ryder 9Ti and it FTE every shot with American Eagle 147gr. Was just getting the slide back far enough to jam the spent case, sometimes just going back far enough to reset the trigger and rechambering the empty case. Got slightly better with 115gr Federal but still jamming every few rounds. Yes I'm using the booster/spring. Any input??
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
need hotter loads to cycle the extra weight of the suppresser on the barrel. Try some IMI 158 and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
if you are going to run light loads subsonic you need a lighter recoil spring and all will be fine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine did that with a new LWD barrel.
Lube the PISS out of the bottom lug and the lock up area around the ejection port.
It took a few mags to free mine up with 147's.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
It's got a fairly new S3F barrel so I'll try lubing it real good and see if it gets better. Worst case I guess I'll look for a softer spring. No plans to reload 9mm just yet so I'll stuck running factory ammo. Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you are going to run light loads subsonic you need a lighter recoil spring and all will be fine.
View Quote

The 115s were standard velocity (supers) which is why I was confused, figuring the extra kick would have it cycling reliably.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know anything about your suppressor. I have a Silencerco HD-9. Are you using a booster? From what I know, a Glock needs to use a booster to cycle a can. My HD-9 has cycled everything I've fed through it--including 147 grain Atlanta Arms subsonics with my gen 2 19.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know anything about your suppressor. I have a Silencerco HD-9. Are you using a booster? From what I know, a Glock needs to use a booster to cycle a can. My HD-9 has cycled everything I've fed through it--including 147 grain Atlanta Arms subsonics with my gen 2 19.
View Quote

Was mentioned in the original post but yes I am using the booster. The way it cycles though, you'd think I wasn't.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Two things not helping.

The Gen4 recoil spring is too stiff (compared to a Gen3)

Aftermarket barrels are usually a tighter fit and with the suppressor hanging off the end it causes issues until broke in...sometimes that takes 1000s of rounds.  (unless you manually 'adjust' the fitting)

My most reliable suppressed G19 is a Gen3 with a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an Osprey on my 19...runs fine ...The only time I ever had the problem you describe was when I put a big can (SWR HEMS II) on a small gun (G30) ..Hundreds of rounds and it never cycled once correctly ..I talked to SWR/Silencerco and they admitted there was a problem on the suppressor side but that it would work fine with a larger gun.They made good on it though and I eventually bought a G21. The HEMSII runs fin on that
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
It isn't the gun or the ammo. Sounds to me like the booster isn't powerful enough. I'd contact Surefire.

My gen 4 G17 runs just fine with a stock recoil spring and "bunny fart" 147 gr reloads as well as factory 115, 147, 158, and super underpowered American Eagle 124 gr Suppressor (subsonic 124 gr). You should not need a lighter spring to make it work with factory ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top